How much more lethal Conor's hands are after all that boxing training?

"all that boxing training" seems a bit misleading and as a misrepresentation.

no boxer who was ever on any PPV card has as little power in his boxing as Conor did. except maybe Peter McNeeley.

he spent the entire fight thinking too hard, about where to put his feet, where to put his hands, etc. and that translated into his punches having nothing behind them. including the uppercut that (mostly) landed flush.

he did very well for a guy who once boxed, and then boxed again with a few months training.

but if anything, the sooner he forgets what he learned in those few months and goes back to *his* style (which is impressive), the better mma player he will be.

His boxing may can be super crisp but will that matter?

NOlogic trying his best to spin chicken shit into chicken salad.

Tell us again how you know Conor sold more than Ronda because your family is Time Warner executives.

A one second gif does not equal a whole fight or whole career.

You don't train, you don't know shit. You're a fucking joke. Even Conor fans think you need to get a life and chill the fuck out with the copy and paste Robin Black regurgitated bullshit.

Training pure boxing is a hindrance to MMA striking imo. You don't distance yourself properly for kicks and takedowns in boxing.

Connie gassed in 3rd against 40yo retired smaller boxer. What a lol is that bug xD

It's funny how the uppercut became the shot everyone talked about, when Conor landed an even better shot that actually ROCKED Floyd

People conveniently ignore how Conor actually did rock Floyd during the fight

GM_20170919_215755.gif

@MikalP @I WILL CUT YOU @k1ngjester

And also, you are right about Conor's body shot being legal and hurting Floyd

Don't let any hater tell you other wise

7c89a98da674e809daf9ed50e5a11029.gif

You see ^ that was clearly to Floyd's lower abdomen (he had a huge waist band plus his shorts pulled up)

Despite Floyd illegally having his shorts pulled up too high, the body shot to Floyd's lower abdomen still hit Floyd on the belt line which is legal in boxing.

It clearly buckled Floyd over.

Floyd was clearly hurt by that body shot.

It was one of the couple dozen times where Conor planted and dug deep into Floyd's body. (Conor shouldve done more of that when Floyd adjusted to being outboxed by Conor from range and started walking Conor down)

Plus when it comes to the body you never know when it's going to be the shot that just lands at that right place and incapacitates.

I've seen fighters finished with glancing body blows that simply hit the right organ just enough
Yeah, you're right. That head shot did seem to hurt him. About the body shot, yeah, I wasn't sure about the rule, whether on the waist band was illegal or if it has to be under it. If the rule says under it (which makes sense given how huge the waistband is) it was definitely a legal shot. Thanks for having my back.

Everything you wrote is completely false and shows you really don't know anything about boxing nor ever really followed Floyd's career.

Floyd got his nickname when he was a teenage boy as he was boxing for the Olympics

Floyd in his early pro career was extremely aggressive and walked down most of his early opponents.

Did you not ever see Floyd's fights against Gernado and Mitchel? They were legit slobberknockers

Floyd's fights against Demarcus Corley and Zab Judah played out eerily similar to the Conor fight too.

Floyd struggled against all 3 long rangey southpaws, and eventually had to walk down all 3 in order to win..

cough @PanicWrassler claims to be a Floyd fan yet probably doesn't even know those fights exist. Hes just a Conor hater who probably only found out about Floyd through Conor.

@MikalP

Anyway, when ever someone says "but Floyd fought Conor in a way he's never fought like before"...It shows that they never actually watched Floyd

Walking someone down was always Floyd kicking Into his 5th gear. An opponent needed to bring that out of Floyd

Marcos landed double the punches against Floyd because

1. It was 12 rounds. Where as Conor only had 8 rounds of solid work before he gassed.

2. Marcos in the first fight was allowed to fight in the clinch against Floyd and wasn't broken up by a corrupt ass Haymon ref every time he so much as got in contact with Floyd (like Conor was - and like how Marcos himself was in fight #2)

3. Marcos is more of volume puncher and educated "brawler" who's going to throw a shit ton more punches and swarm the shit out of you.

4. Conor is a slick counter puncher like Floyd is, where Conor was actually outboxing Floyd shot for shot. Floyd landed much more against Marcos then he ever managed to land on a fresh Conor. Conor was actually winning the majority of the rounds off Floyd heading into the 9th (where things suddenly went downhill abruptly for Conor).

@markg171
@MescalineDreams
@That209

Anyway as in regards to this thread. Conor already had the best boxing in MMA by Leaps and bounds. Now Conor's boxing and striking is going to be on an even scarier more untouchable level now

Another thing that will be dramatically improved because of the boxing match is Conor's cardio. Doing 10 hard rounds against Floyd is far superior to any MMA cardio

Mitchell and Chicaninto were slobber knockers? Lmao Bollocks.

He just beat the brakes off both.

He walked dowm southpaws such as Judah and he was predominantly flat footed against Chop Chop but the only fight where he showed as little respect as be did for Conor was Mitchell and that has a lot to do with the fact he was washed up and much like Conor posed NO threat offensively.

Even though he walked down Judah and Chop Chop he still learnt early that their offense was to be respected .

You are talking total bollocks and have no clue.

Floyd at age 37 could never in a million years push Maidana back and beat the shit out of him because Maidana is a legitmate beast with legit power and strong as an ox whereas Conor has no power and no skills and that was clear from round 1.

But your little alternate reality is adorable.

It's funny how the uppercut became the shot everyone talked about, when Conor landed an even better shot that actually ROCKED Floyd

People conveniently ignore how Conor actually did rock Floyd during the fight

GM_20170919_215755.gif

@MikalP @I WILL CUT YOU @k1ngjester

And also, you are right about Conor's body shot being legal and hurting Floyd

Don't let any hater tell you other wise

7c89a98da674e809daf9ed50e5a11029.gif

You see ^ that was clearly to Floyd's lower abdomen (he had a huge waist band plus his shorts pulled up)

Despite Floyd illegally having his shorts pulled up too high, the body shot to Floyd's lower abdomen still hit Floyd on the belt line which is legal in boxing.

It clearly buckled Floyd over.

Floyd was clearly hurt by that body shot.

It was one of the couple dozen times where Conor planted and dug deep into Floyd's body. (Conor shouldve done more of that when Floyd adjusted to being outboxed by Conor from range and started walking Conor down)

Plus when it comes to the body you never know when it's going to be the shot that just lands at that right place and incapacitates.

I've seen fighters finished with glancing body blows that simply hit the right organ just enough

Lmfao You are literally delusional.

The footage is RIGHT THERE the punch is CLEARLY low. CLEARLY.

"Conor rocked Floyd"

Lmfao!!!!!

Yeah, you're right. That head shot did seem to hurt him. About the body shot, yeah, I wasn't sure about the rule, whether on the waist band was illegal or if it has to be under it. If the rule says under it (which makes sense given how huge the waistband is) it was definitely a legal shot. Thanks for having my back.

Are you fuckin blind or what?

The punch is CLEARLY below the belt.

Are you fuckin blind or what?

The punch is CLEARLY below the belt.
The punch struck the waistband itself. I don't know what the rule is. I made my judgment of the legality of the shot contingent upon whatever the rule is. Maybe you're reading comprehension isn't quite high enough to comprehend that which is why i'm being patient with you and not hurling f-bombs and such. Being quick to insult in a civil conversation is the mark of an idiot so I will be patient. From what I can see, the center of his glove struck the bottom edge of the waistband which means approximately half his glove was on the waistband and half of his glove was below the waistband.

The punch struck the waistband itself. I don't know what the rule is. I made my judgment of the legality of the shot contingent upon whatever the rule is. Maybe you're reading comprehension isn't quite high enough to comprehend that which is why i'm being patient with you and not hurling f-bombs and such. Being quick to insult in a civil conversation is the mark of an idiot so I will be patient. From what I can see, the center of his glove struck the bottom edge of the waistband which means approximately half his glove was on the waistband and half of his glove was below the waistband.

It-is-BELOW-the-belt.

The footage is literally there.

Denying it is pure delusion.

mayweather fight was the birth of pillowfists mcgregor, who cant even change a midgets facial expression with a flush uppercut

5YwuKHZ.gif

This is the moment Conor gassed out. His heart went 400bpm thinking he had Floyd rocked. By the time it subsided, he had nothing left.

Khabib has a one way ticket to the shadow realm.

October 6th, 2018.

Jesus, all day this same shit... That wasn't the FIRST time Floyd came back of retirement, he beat MARQUEZ who must be a true extra crappy fighter to lose to a retired fighter back then...
A already OLD Floyd beat Young gun Canelo and maked him look slow and average...
All De la Hoya and Cotto could land at Floyd was Jabs, Mosley only landed twice at him!!! Most fighter could even touch him...
I'm sure Floyd was holding himself regarding offense at times, but his thing is not volume and he knew Conor would go all in as Always and fade! He WAS suprised a couple of times with McGregor countering him, he was hit with things he didnt expect at all... Now if you fools think Mayweather would let people hit him on the face, you don't know shit about Mayweather... He made his carreer of making people look PATHETIC, Conor didn't look pathetic until he was gassed.

How did they look when he competed in a hands only match against Floyd?

Short answer: didn't land a meaningful punch on the 40 year old, retired, MUCH smaller guy who didn't start boxing back until the 5th. still gassed out around the same time he always does despite boxing being "way easier"
Could you make it anymore obvious that you’re a salty Conor hater?

I get not liking a fighting, but just ignoring facts and being a douche about it has to be exhausting...No meaningful punch? Floyd did not start boxing till the 5th... You act like Floyd has been in he business of eating Clean uppercuts throughout his career... Floyd did what he normally does early on and took a few rounds to figure out Conor..The fact you are unable to admit Conor did better than he was ever suppose to is comical.. The best defensive boxer in the world beat him decisively, but Conor showed how fast he could pick up the game and also showed he has a serious understanding of distance, accuracy, and timing..,, As for the gassing part let’s at least not leave out all of the context in the fact that Floyd made this fight happen extremely fast knowing that Conor would not have one to get into shape for 12 rounds... Something that Conor and his team have talked about multiple times.., Not really thing to be a dick, but your post was retarded and just made you look ridiculous... Maybe next time just go to a different thread instead of using those Cheeto fingers to be a douche..

Conors hands got exposed in a pure standup hands only fight. Mediocre at best.

On another note, I kinda miss that troll ICUBROPROFIN or whatever the fuck his name was "Boxing isn't real fighting! Hurrhurrderp"
The Conor hate around here is hysterical:: exposed because he took multiple rounds from the greatest defensive boxer on the planet with 1/4 a fight camp... Makes a ton of sense there bud... Floyd did what most knew he would, but Conor did much better than he was suppose to...It’s about like
Me taking you and throwing you in a pick up game against Lebron James and because you only outscored him 1 quarter you should be ashamed... Going out of your way to bash Conor and act like he did not do better than he was suppose to against Floyd shows what you are able to comprehend on a day to day basis.. Keep using those Cheeto fingers to be a complete Tool my man.

there were already good enough before, lets hope he worked on some other things

His hands are lethal they need him to register both his hands as a deadly weapon in California.

Back