How much is Bisping getting paid to lose to gastelum?

elbowsandwiches

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've been following gastelum since he was picked last by chael on tuf.

his only 3 loses are against:

-magny: last minute replacement for gastelum (supposed to be matt brown) no time to study opponent, and was still a split decision and fight of the night.

-weidman: overtaken by wrestling and jiu jitsu. former champion.

-woodley: another close split decision, current ww champion, wrestler.

gastelum has smoked everyone else. recently made Belfort and Kennedy look like amateurs.

so we know this fight is going to stay on the feet and gastelum has the same cardio level as bisping.

I don't see gastelum losing this under any conditions.

my two questions are this:

1) bisping said he wants this fight because he feels depressed about the gsp loss:
a) is this bulllshit and he knows he's going to lose but just wants the money?
b) does he legit thinks he has a chance?

2) does bisping get a flat amount paid? or does he get a win/loss like other fighters?... and how much do you speculate hes making next week?

Last edited:
Bisping is a tough Guy, hard worker. But I guess he Will be exposed in a terrible way

I'm sure Bisping is being taken care of financially for coming in on late notice.

A couple years ago I remember a thread where Bisping had the highest total disclosed purses of any UFC fighter. Not bad for dropping out of school at 16.

tenor.gif

Gastelum will make it look easy. TKO round 1.

If it goes longer than 3 rounds Bisping will out work him.

Bisping's made last minute fights work for him before. If he listened to people like you he would have never fought Anderson and Rockhold the second time.

I sure hope that Bisping gets a nice payday, because Gastelum is a tough fight no doubt. Bisping’s best chance would be to drag this in the later rounds imo.

They got bisping good. Same rate as before plus ppv cut( which is zero)

Gastelum is a fat WW. Good fighter, but I don't see him having big fights at MW.
I believe Bisping can win.

They boo'd him in NYC when Bruce said "THE COUNT"... Like they always do. The only place they don't do that is in England, so it's pretty fair that that's where he wants to give his post fight retirement speech.

He wants as big of a cheer/applause as he can get for his last moments in the octagon and that's probably more important to him than an extra loss on what is actually a pretty damn good multi-era record.

I've been following gastelum since he was picked last by chael on tuf.

his only 3 loses are against:

-magny: last minute replacement for gastelum (supposed to be matt brown) no time to study opponent, and was still a split decision and fight of the night.

-weidman: overtaken by wrestling and jiu jitsu. former champion.

-woodley: another close split decision, current ww champion, wrestler.

gastelum has smoked everyone else. recently made Belfort and Kennedy look like amateurs.

so we know this fight is going to stay on the feet and gastelum has the same cardio level as bisping.

I don't see gastelum losing this under any conditions.

my two questions are this:

1) bisping said he wants this fight because he feels depressed about the gsp loss:
a) is this bulllshit and he knows he's going to lose but just wants the money?
b) does he legit thinks he has a chance?

2) does bisping get a flat amount paid? or does he get a win/loss like other fighters?... and how much do you speculate hes making next week?
Idc but it's pissing me off how much opportunities they keep giving bisping how is this not talked about gets to choose his opponents when and where he wants to fight

Back