How Much Credit Would You Give Conor If He Beat Sage Northcutt?

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sage Northcutt is essentially at the point were Max Holloway was when Conor beat Max. In fact, Sage (4-2) has a better record than Max (3-2) had, when Max lost to Conor.

Yet, Conor fans give him credit for beating the "145 champion Max Holloway." LOL

So, if Conor beat Sage Northcutt this coming Saturday, how much credit would you give him? Or are you going to hope that Sage Northcutt one day becomes 155 champ, so you can say "Conor beat the 155 champ Sage Northcutt."

You have to give a fighter credit based on the opponent's record at the time of the fight, hindsight credit is dumb. LOL

That's all.

It would cement Conor as the undisputed goat IF he could do a number on sage.

not sure if trolling or serious.

Sage Northcutt is essentially at the point were Max Holloway was when Conor beat Max. In fact, Sage (4-2) has a better record than Max (3-2) had, when Max lost to Conor.

Yet, Conor fans give him credit for beating the "145 champion Max Holloway." LOL

So, if Conor beat Sage Northcutt this coming Saturday, how much credit would you give him? Or are you going to hope that Sage Northcutt one day becomes 155 champ, so you can say "Conor beat the 155 champ Sage Northcutt."

You have to give a fighter credit based on the opponent's record at the time of the fight, hindsight credit is dumb. LOL

That's all.

well sage is a hyouuge welterweight, i took a chance going up an foiten de bigger mannn, but dey just cant take dat left hand shot and thats how i was able to dominate him for 5 raannds, 48/47 cos i was goen eezy on the boy hes got a full loif ahead of him n that

What is so confusing about the question?

What’s confusing about the question is that when Conor and Holloway met Conor was also not the Conor we know now, he hadn’t won two belts and become the famous athlete he is, he was also just starting and was on a similar path than Holloway.

You are asking about Sage Northcutt who is a developing fighter who isn’t very good against an already established and experienced Conor, its not only not the same scenario but also unfair.

A better comparison would be if Bryan Barberena goes on to become a huge start and win multiple belts, then Sage Northcutt also becomes a big deal and maybe they have a rematch down the line

If he can do what only Bryan Barbarena and Mickey Gall have done before him I say just give him the fookin company.

To those wondering what the fuck he's saying, he's asking why people give credit to Conor beating Max by relating it to if he beat Sage right now. Sage is at the same point of his career as Max was.

The Max today is very diffeet than the Max that Conor beat, yet quite a few people give Conor the credit of beating the current FW champion.

not sure if trolling or serious.
It is a serious question.

I have heard Conor fanboys (Joe Rogan being the Alpha of the pack) say things like "Conor beat the potential 145 GOAT in 13 seconds, and he beat the current 145 champ with leg, he is the baddest fighter ever."

Although this is factual, it is very misleading. This is how smart people in the government are able to manipulate the people. Give them lies based on the truth, which are the best form of lies.

Yes, Conor beat the 145 Champ Max, but what is the context of that victory? Max was 21 years old with a 3-2 record, pretty much at a similar stage as current Sage Northcutt.

So, Conor beating Max is more comparable to him beating Sage Northcutt than a 145 Champ Max who had to go 10-0 to get a title shot.

The difference is huuuge, and guys like Joe Rogan are misleading the public when they make half-baked statements (pun intended).

Northcutt is the worst guy in his division, everyone he beats gets cut.

How much hate would I give the UFC if they made this fight?...

That's all.
How much credit would I give the number 1 Lightweight in the world if he beat an unranked fighter?

Little to none. Would be like GSP beating Ryan LaFlare.

nothing

you're just an Idiot and you need to stop making threads

this
It is a serious question.

I have heard Conor fanboys (Joe Rogan being the Alpha of the pack) say things like "Conor beat the potential 145 GOAT in 13 seconds, and he beat the current 145 champ with leg, he is the baddest fighter ever."

Although this is factual, it is very misleading. This is how smart people in the government are able to manipulate the people. Give them lies based on the truth, which are the best form of lies.

Yes, Conor beat the 145 Champ Max, but what is the context of that victory? Max was 21 years old with a 3-2 record, pretty much at a similar stage as current Sage Northcutt.

So, Conor beating Max is more comparable to him beating Sage Northcutt than a 145 Champ Max who had to go 10-0 to get a title shot.

The difference is huuuge, and guys like Joe Rogan are misleading the public when they make half-baked statements (pun intended).

that was wastelanded in a few secondes.

think about it

How much hate would I give the UFC if they made this fight?...
A fight is fight. I don't your attitude, and I never will. On any given night, any professional fighter can win. Being against fights because you believe your favorite fighter will win, just doesn't make sense to me.

I prefer to know, rather than to believe. I think Sage Northcutt versus Conor is a competitive fight. If that left hand doesn't land, then all bets are off.

I will favor Conor to beat Sage Northcutt, but I am only 60% confident.

Back