How much credit will Khabib get for beating Conor ?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
If Conor beats Khabib, without a single shred of a doubt, Conor is the greatest MMA fighter of all time. Now it looks like

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Conor
4. Screw Dick Pill
5. Poppers

No one in the history of MMA would have beaten someone like Aldo in one weight class who were like 10 years undefeated, and Khabib in a weight class above, who was also like 10 years undefeated. You can say all you want about his loss to Nate, or how he doesn't defend, I get that, but for me those two would be so impressive it would outweigh anything.

On the flip side, Khabib is fighting Conor coming off a long lay off. Conor is a big weight cutter for featherweight, Khabib is big weight cutter for lightweight, and personally, I think Conor only has a puncher's chance, and not sure how good of that is even, since I don't think Khabib's striking is as bad as some people make it out to be.

I think one thing about this fight is, Khabib is the one who has everything to lose and little to gain. He is expected to win, he's the one who is undefeated, and Conor has nothing to lose, and Conor will run his mouth to a point where Khabib would look pretty bad if he loses, and only way he likely loses is a knock out, and when that happens, he will probably never get a rematch ever again.

They're both each others toughest tests to date imo...

Conor most definitely wouldn't be the greatest mma fighter of all time for beating Khabib and there's no spin that makes it a credible position to take. He wouldn't even be the best fighter on the active roster in the event that this happened.

Conor most definitely wouldn't be the greatest mma fighter of all time for beating Khabib and there's no spin that makes it a credible position to take. He wouldn't even be the best fighter on the active roster in the event that this happened.

Lmao, Conor haters are so pathetic. Nobody has his resume.

GOAT's don't have already have 3 losses on their record and lose to Nate Diaz in their prime<45>

nate-diaz-conor-mcgregor-ufc-196.jpg

Lmao, Conor haters are so pathetic. Nobody has his resume.

Daniel Cormier is undefeated at heavyweight where the margin of error is smallest and only has one loss at light heavyweight.

Not saying Conor isn't good, but c'mon now, no need to act like he's the greatest of all time.

Depends how he beats Conor.

If Khabib absolutely dominates, humiliates and finishes Conor with ease, his stock goes way up. If he squeaks out a win his stock still goes up but not nearly as much. If he loses I'm going to have to choke down some crow and stop shitting on Conor....and that aint happening. It can't :mad:

GOAT's don't have already have 3 losses on their record and lose to Nate Diaz in their prime<45>

Hmm how can you say that was his prime? He was younger than Silva when he lost to no names in pride. With your logic Silva can't be GOAT because of all his losses, GSP can't be GOAT because he tapped to strikes against Matt Serra etc..

Anderson Silva was considered GOAT and he lost to bums early in his career. GSP lost to fucking Matt Serra.

We all know Conor took the fight on short notice. Underestimated Nate's chin, and gassed him self throwing everything at him. Its all about avenging your loss and he did just that. This isnt boxing where padded records make you GOAT. Styles make fights in MMA and getting losses isnt the end of your career.

Anyways, who ever wins this fight will go into legendary status for sure. If anyone can knock Khabib out, its Conor. If Khabib gets through that then he among the legends of this sport. However, either one will have to beat GSP next to be GOAT. Because GSP holds that title imo.

Last edited:
Anderson Silva was considered GOAT and he lost to bums early in his career.

Not early, in his prime. People say that nonsense all the time. He was ranked number 1 weltweight before those losses. And he was like a top middleweight like a year later those losses.

Hmm how can you say that was his prime? He was younger than Silva when he lost to no names in pride. With your logic Silva can't be GOAT because of all his losses, GSP can't be GOAT because he tapped to strikes against Matt Serra etc..
Anderson also went on the longest title defense streak in UFC history. Maybe if Conor does this he'll be able to atone for all his losses. I'm doubtful

Daniel Cormier is undefeated at heavyweight where the margin of error is smallest and only has one loss at light heavyweight.

Not saying Conor isn't good, but c'mon now, no need to act like he's the greatest of all time.

"margin of error is the smallest". LMAO, THEY FUCKING SUCK. Jesus christ, a guy that doesn't even throw punches anymore is in the top 5 and another has chronic back problems cause he's too fucking fat, and DC still hasn't beat either one of them. Now he's defending against a guy who is 0-2-1 in the last 8 years because he popped for PEDs. Stipe is a decent fighter, but by god, him, JDS, and Cain are practically the only decent ones in the division, and DC hasn't faced either of those guys.

And somehow the LHW division might even be worse. LMAO

The LW division is the most competitive division in MMA, and FW isn't far behind it. Conor slaying guys like Jose, Khabib, and Eddie is comparable to Rumble who gives his back every time he hits the mat?

Give me a break. Like every other MW+ DC is overrated because of his size, and thus popularity.

If you want to contend against Conor, at least give me someone that is competitive and you could use a different argument like skill, i.e. MM.

Nobody's resume will come close, and skill-wise only MM and maybe TJ or Dom come close.

Neither will be in the conversation after this fight..Neither have the resume.

"margin of error is the smallest". LMAO, THEY FUCKING SUCK. Jesus christ, a guy that doesn't even throw punches anymore is in the top 5 and another has chronic back problems cause he's too fucking fat, and DC still hasn't beat either one of them. Now he's defending against a guy who is 0-2-1 in the last 8 years because he popped for PEDs. Stipe is a decent fighter, but by god, him, JDS, and Cain are practically the only decent ones in the division, and DC hasn't faced either of those guys.

And somehow the LHW division might even be worse. LMAO

The LW division is the most competitive division in MMA, and FW isn't far behind it. Conor slaying guys like Jose, Khabib, and Eddie is comparable to Rumble who gives his back every time he hits the mat?

Give me a break. Like every other MW+ DC is overrated because of his size, and thus popularity.

If you want to contend against Conor, at least give me someone that is competitive and you could use a different argument like skill, i.e. MM.

Go get hit by a 240 pound man and then get hit by a 160 pound man and you'll see why the margin of error is much smaller against the 240 pound man. A 240 pounder jabs harder than Conor can throw a left straight.

But DC clearly met his match in Jones. Could not avenge his loss. And everyone knows Cain gets the better of him in the gym. I cant call someone the GOAT if they get outclassed by someone. He is not the best LHW or HW. He just had a share bit of luck to get to where he is at.

But DC clearly met his match in Jones. Could not avenge his loss. And everyone knows Cain gets the better of him in the gym. I cant call someone the GOAT if they get outclassed by someone. He is not the best LHW or HW. He just had a share bit of luck to get to where he is at.

He never got the chance to avenge his loss, it was ruled a no contest. If you're going to talk about the GOAT, you have to respect the rules of the sport.

Anderson also went on the longest title defense streak in UFC history. Maybe if Conor does this he'll be able to atone for all his losses. I'm doubtful
He'll never try, Defenses do mean something but Aldo and Khabib would be bigger wins than anybody else in the GOAT discussion has.

Go get hit by a 240 pound man and then get hit by a 160 pound man and you'll see why the margin of error is much smaller against the 240 pound man. A 240 pounder jabs harder than Conor can throw a left straight.

They don't even know how to throw proper punches. They hit like 160 lbers in boxing. They're garbage. Most of them aren't half-decent at more than one martial art. You want to know why they get knocked out all the time? It's because none of them have fucking defense. Unless there are some major changes, nobody from the LHW or HW division will ever be in the discussion for GOAT.

Back