How much credit does the UFC brand get for PPV buys?

The UFC brand is worth exactly the average amount MM sells per PPV because those people are buying the brand.

So 100k?

That means if Conor fights and gets a million PPV buys(which he does) he gets 90% and the UFC gets 10%

So 100k?

That means if Conor fights and gets a million PPV buys(which he does) he gets 90% and the UFC gets 10%

Yes. Unless say there’s somebody else popular on the card. But MM is the bottom most fanatical viewer who loves the brand.

Do a little research if you don't think PPV model is hurting lol

There is a reason why WWE moved away, UFC will cut the amount of PPV in 2019 & why Mayweather only did 400k in-between his superfights & he is the biggest PPV draw in history

Unless it is a big event, the business model of PPV is dying.
Everybody knows that (except you it seems) ;)

you just agreed with me. Unless it's big names, it doesn't sell.

I promise you Conor doesn't think the PPV model is dead

Jon Jones PPV did just fine, another big name. Same way the GSP card will do just fine another big name.

UFC brand doesn't sell

Coker was aiming for 250k buys didn't even get half LMAO

i was hoping they would do good, but I hope Viacom has Coker in check with these things.
The reason SF owners put it up for sale was they lost money on Fedor & the GP.

MMA needs a strong alternative to UFC & having one on free TV is needed.
trying to be UFC-lite is not a good idea now IMO

I was pretty surprised when the July PPV. International Fight Week. Only did 150k.

Your reading comprehension is really lacking
There is no denying the PPV model is hurting
5 -10 years ago there were 40+ PPV's between MMA/Boxing/WWE/TNA a year
Now less than half of that
Plus entertainment used to try PPV with concerts/events & those are all but over.

Last edited:
Yes. Unless say there’s somebody else popular on the card. But MM is the bottom most fanatical viewer who loves the brand.

Well 100k isn't bringing much to the table and imo it's kinda unfair to suggest that every fighter on the card has no fans. I just don't buy that...sorry.

like I said originally, they bring 50k buys to the table, 75k tops.

Jon Jones PPV did just fine, another big name. Same way the GSP card will do just fine another big name.

UFC brand doesn't sell

The UFC brand used to sell, but it also used to hold more weight in terms of knowing you were going to get a good card no matter what the main event was. It's dropped since.

TJ Dillashaw vs. Joe Soto with a nothing undercard did 125k. That was as good an indication as any for 2014 because there was no substantial draws that show.

Now that base level has likely dropped below 100k, as we've seen with Nunes vs. Shevchenko II.

Last edited:
Your reading comprehension is really lacking
There is no denying the PPV model is hurting
5 -10 years ago there were 40+ PPV's between MMA/Boxing/UFC a year
Now less than half of that
Plus entertainment used to try PPV with concerts/events & those are all but over.

Stop avoided the question with your fake news lmao you're horrible

The UFC PPV model is dead.

No PPV stars are taking hits. Jones still getting huge #'s, Conor still breaking records. There's just no stars in the UFC this year, so no buys since the UFC brand DOES NOT SELL! WAKE UP!

It's almost as if you work for the UFC and want to justify the poor sales by saying it's PPV not us lmao so sad...it's you! you have no stars and your brand doesn't sell! I recognized that it used to but it does not any more. Deal with it!

Last edited:
Stop avoided the question with your fake news lmao you're horrible

The UFC PPV model is dead.

No PPV stars are taking hits. Jones still getting huge #'s, Conor still breaking records. There's just no stars in the UFC this year, so no buys since the UFC brand DOES NOT SELL! WAKE UP!

You are not versed on this at all & your reading comprehension is HORRENDOUS
Take care

You are not versed on this at all & your reading comprehension is HORRENDOUS
Take care

when you get proven wrong you run...typical lmao

The only thing I said in this thread is Stars sell not the UFC. You are saying the PPV model is dying when thats not the case. Jones just did over 850k. Conor just did over 4 million.

The reason there has been poor sales this year is because there is no Stars and the UFC brand doesnt sell. What dont you understand about that

If Conor fought 2 times this year and Jones fought 2 times, Brock came back and GSP finished the year, people would be saying what a great year this was for PPV. It has nothing to do with the PPV model and everything to do with who is fighting

Last edited:
nobobdy is going to pay or tune in to stare at a ufc logo for four hours....so.....nothing....

Spike is bigger than FS1 as far as reach
By about 10m
I believe that is no longer true. It seems that cable packages have been dropping Spike and/or picking up FS1, making it about the opposite as it was. So a couple years ago Spike had 5-10 million more homes, but now I think FS1 is up by that.

Which makes it sort of impressive when Bellator events get a similar viewers as FS1 events.

For a while after TUF a lot of ppl bought PPV's just because it was the UFC...those days are long gone, man. The last 2 cards were UFC and no one bought them

Facts on Facts

You can try to spin it any way you want but the truth is the Fighters sell now, not the UFC. I promise if conor left the UFC and fought 3 times next year on PPV he'd get more PPV's buy in those 3 fights than all the UFC cards combined in 2018

Facts on Facts

Ahhhhhh...........that is exactly what I said. I just gave reasons to why it has evolved over the years to where we are at now and why some PPV and even ratings don't look good for some events.

UFC can't put a crap card on expect fans to buy anymore like they could in 2007. It doesn't mean the brand itself isn't strong. They accomplished what they wanted by making the sport much more mainstream and with that you have educated your fans.

P.S.: The brand has apparently 4 billion reasons as to why its strong. Fighters come and go so the valuation isn't based a handful of superstars.

The UFC brand is worth exactly the average amount MM sells per PPV because those people are buying the brand.
not really. when MM fights people buy less PPV because it's MM fighting and they don't like him

Just watching the numbers, yeah I'd say UFC could make 100k PPV only for their brand and 600/700k on TV

Bellator's hardcore viewership on TV is something like 400/450k so UFC should be worried IMO in that aspect (I'm not american so I have no idea if FS1 have overall a bigger audience than Spike, that could be a factor)

Moose recent Bellator show did under 500k

UFC brand itself is still strong as ever.

What you see is MMA fan has become more educated over the years. More fans than ever before understand what they are watching now. We have moved past the time period of just the aurora of two guys in a cage fighting as must see. UFC gives us more free content then ever before. We can get are fix without having to wait monthly for a PPV like years past. All this contributes to any UFC event performing poorly compared to years past.

P.S.: One other thing that goes against the PPV model is your newer younger fan you attract is highly educated on how to get content a completely different way than previous generations. Many times this involves free.

I also think the pro lounged time of expanding their brand that started 6 years ago putting on shitty ufc events every weekend with unknown low level fighters killed the brand. All of my friends who watched everything fell off in that period only to become casual fans. In the golden era of ufc they had like 5-8 ppvs a year that was stacked and well promoted. Not all this fight night, fight 4 the troops, fight pass event, facebook events low level bs. Plus theyve uped the price to 60$. Wasnt it like 40$ back in the days?

Back