How much credit does the UFC brand get for PPV buys?

Maybe also something to do with the money the ufc is willing to invest in promoting some cards. They basically didn't push 215 and 216, those cards could have done at least 200k each with more promo but probably wasn't worth it

UFC brand itself is still strong as ever.

What you see is MMA fan has become more educated over the years. More fans than ever before understand what they are watching now. We have moved past the time period of just the aurora of two guys in a cage fighting as must see. UFC gives us more free content then ever before. We can get are fix without having to wait monthly for a PPV like years past. All this contributes to any UFC event performing poorly compared to years past.

P.S.: One other thing that goes against the PPV model is your newer younger fan you attract is highly educated on how to get content a completely different way than previous generations. Many times this involves free.

What you see is MMA fan has become more educated over the years. More fans than ever before understand what they are watching now. We have moved past the time period of just the aurora of two guys in a cage fighting as must see. UFC gives us more free content then ever before. We can get are fix without having to wait monthly for a PPV like years past. All this contributes to any UFC event performing poorly compared to years past.

P.S.: One other thing that goes against the PPV model is your newer younger fan you attract is highly educated on how to get content a completely different way than previous generations. Many times this involves free.

I agree with everything except the brand is as strong as ever.
It isn't IMO
Obviously they are still making major bank & the bottom line is still very strong, but the brand is not as strong as it was.

the rest you are spot on with

Just watching the numbers, yeah I'd say UFC could make 100k PPV only for their brand and 600/700k on TV

Bellator's hardcore viewership on TV is something like 400/450k so UFC should be worried IMO in that aspect (I'm not american so I have no idea if FS1 have overall a bigger audience than Spike, that could be a factor)

For a while after TUF a lot of ppl bought PPV's just because it was the UFC...those days are long gone, man. The last 2 cards were UFC and no one bought them

Facts on Facts

You can try to spin it any way you want but the truth is the Fighters sell now, not the UFC. I promise if conor left the UFC and fought 3 times next year on PPV he'd get more PPV's buy in those 3 fights than all the UFC cards combined in 2018

Facts on Facts

Just watching the numbers, yeah I'd say UFC could make 100k PPV only for their brand and 600/700k on TV

Bellator's hardcore viewership on TV is something like 400/450k so UFC should be worried IMO in that aspect (I'm not american so I have no idea if FS1 have overall a bigger audience than Spike, that could be a factor)

Spike is bigger than FS1 as far as reach
By about 10m

II think he means Stipe + UFC as opposed to Stipe + Bellator.

Having said that I think the Wandy Shael Bellator event did well(I think Fedor and meathead was on that card).
actually it was a huge bomb but okay

400/450k is terrible, why would you be worried?

actually it was a huge bomb but okay

& a money loser.

I don't get why Viacom took away so many good fights of TV (where they make money) to try a PPV in 2017 in an era where PPV is hurting

& a money loser.

I don't get why Viacom took away so many good fights of TV (where they make money) to try a PPV in 2017 in an era where PPV is hurting

How is PPV hurting when just a few months ago the PPV record was broken?

You guys just need to realize that the UFC brand doesn't sell at all. Fighters sell! Mayweather and Conor are huge stars so they sell. Has nothing to do with the UFC and everything to do with the Fighter himself.

400/450k is terrible, why would you be worried?

Because I didn't know Spike was way bigger than FS1 in USA (in my country is actually the opposite) until Frankie made it clear to me

& a money loser.

Coker was aiming for 250k buys didn't even get half LMAO

I think the last 2 events show very clearly, not much. Unless you think all those fighters on the last 2 cards have ZERO fans.

last 2 ufc's did an average of 110k buys....I say the UFC brings like 50k tops.

Why would Conor stay in the UFC? What do they bring to the table? 50k buys lol Conor will give them 50k buys for free if they let him fight on his own show and keep everything else

The UFC brand is worth exactly the average amount MM sells per PPV because those people are buying the brand.

I think the last 2 events show very clearly, not much. Unless you think all those fighters on the last 2 cards have ZERO fans.

last 2 ufc's did an average of 110k buys....I say the UFC brings like 50k tops.

Why would Conor stay in the UFC? What do they bring to the table? 50k buys lol Conor will give them 50k buys for free if they let him fight on his own show and keep everything else
Why do you think Dana is letting him waffle with his defense? He doesn’t want a Holm/Nunes situation. Not good for business.

How can you say the UFC brings 200k to stipe's fights when the last 2 events barely did 200k combined lol
JDS and Overeem maybe? I don't know. Werdum/Miocic did 217k buys. We need more information.

How is PPV hurting when just a few months ago the PPV record was broken?

Do a little research if you don't think PPV model is hurting lol

There is a reason why WWE moved away, UFC will cut the amount of PPV in 2019 & why Mayweather only did 400k in-between his superfights & he is the biggest PPV draw in history

Unless it is a big event, the business model of PPV is dying.
Everybody knows that (except you it seems) ;)

Back