How much can Ronda Rousey benchpress?

Handling 315 with such ease like that is absolutely insane.

Yeah, he is a god damn freak.

His forearms are bigger than some dudes legs I have seen at the gym.

eric-spoto-top-benchpress-lifter.jpg

Not a bench press... also, what happened to the 13 year old girl? I have not seen any videos of her in an actual competition, I am guessing they are red lighting her benches and that using a form that passes with the judges will drop her lifts A LOT.
The 13-year-old girl was using a bench shirt, her chest way up in the air (not that it's illegal) and spotters monitoring every inch of it. So in all likelihood 300 is not only way over her real unassisted maximum bench press, but it's also dangerous and stressful to her body.

Thus I don't think she'll be in any bench press competitions for a few years.

Impressive, no question. But I'm not going to call that sternum-buster a bench press.

That was more of a 'bounce pass' than a true bench press, but he got it down and up on his own so its still very impressive.

So Carmouche can do 225 6X? I woulda bet against it, maybe one rep at 225 I would have believed but not 6

TS: How did she ever lose to RR with such incredible MMA bench pressing abilities??

Heard she was training with Eric Spoto

Again, very impressive, but these are not bench presses, they are little more than bench 'vibrations'

If he were to do real presses here he could prob still do 20 which would be awesome at 315lbs!

The 13-year-old girl was using a bench shirt, her chest way up in the air (not that it's illegal) and spotters monitoring every inch of it. So in all likelihood 300 is not only way over her real unassisted maximum bench press, but it's also dangerous and stressful to her body.

Thus I don't think she'll be in any bench press competitions for a few years.

As soon as you said "bench shirt" I went on to the next post.

She benches...

Floyd (warm up)
WBC Champions
Any jiujitsu player from any weight class, any time
NFL player in an elevator
3 grown up men at the sane time
Cain but under the circumstances where two people actually help her lift him

She's a woman, so physiologically it's obviously nothing compared to a guy at her weight...however, her 'strength' comes from her exceptional technique and leverage.

Everyone knows that bench press ability determines fighting ability

Benching is hardly a measure of coolness, ability, or anything else. It's not the only exercise in the gym.

As soon as you said "bench shirt" I went on to the next post.
If you had read the whole post you might see that I'm explaining why her 300-pound lift wasn't what it seemed to be.

Back