How much can Ronda Rousey benchpress?

i'm gonna say she can do 170 lbs once.

Didn't touch chest so doesn't count. I don't really care if there is a pause at the bottom but touching the chest with the bar is non negotiable.

This is absolutely true. I would count that as a half rep and a quarter rep... Therefore she still never did one clean rep.

Ronda's an olympic athlete. Functional strength > bodybuilding lifts you TUF noobs/Fox noobs.

Well seeing as there is a vid of Tank actually benching 600 which i linked in my post you don't have to buy anything.

Which is why I am lead to believe if a bear guzzling semi-pro fighter can do it y not others.

hey if the guy guzzles BEARS i'm willing to believe any benchpress weight hehe.

Muscle Mag says she can do 100 Lbs for 15 reps.

http://www.musclemag.com/the-ufc-all-strength-team/8/

"According to Leo Frincu, the California-based trainer who has worked with Rousey for much of her career, she can power-clean 135 pounds for a single, squat 160 for 20 reps, bench-press 100 pounds for up to 15 reps and bang out 40 to 50 unbroken conventional push-ups."

100 pounds for 15 is nothing...lol shows the massive strength difference between man and women I guess.

You might be the only one wondering that. If you think how much someone lifts is a good gauge of how well they can fight, take a look as Maruisz Pudzianowksi's fights.

The UFC live tv graphics should list 40yard, benchpress max, squat/deadlift, powerclean etc in addition to height weight and reach.

Haha i like how just because that 14 yr old girl bench a ridiculous amount for her size and age that automatically means rousey and carmouche can do similar.

Thats like me saying paul meeks benched 1100 so that means jon jones can do at least 700lbs

here's a video of her - ass off the bench 225 x 1.5

[YT]-RyA9QucBoA[/YT]

Not a bench press... also, what happened to the 13 year old girl? I have not seen any videos of her in an actual competition, I am guessing they are red lighting her benches and that using a form that passes with the judges will drop her lifts A LOT.

Haha i like how just because that 14 yr old girl bench a ridiculous amount for her size and age that automatically means rousey and carmouche can do similar.

Thats like me saying paul meeks benched 1100 so that means jon jones can do at least 700lbs

She is a 14 year old girl!! Not some power lifter that has been training for decades.

You analogy is ridiculous.

Carmouche is a professional adult athlete, so no, Comparing Jones to Paule Meeks is not even remotely close to comparing a little girl to an adult female athlete.

The point is that ppl WRITE Carmouche off for being female and ppl are just trying to point out that despite popular opinion some women are very strong, case in point the 14 year old girl.

100 pounds for 15 is nothing...lol shows the massive strength difference between man and women I guess.

True, it does show the strength difference. 100lbs X 15 for Rousey sounds about right to me.

In all seriousness, if Rousey was somehow able to put up something like 225 for reps, there would be videos of it on Youtube. She would make sure of that.

whatever Lesnar did at the combine plus one more rep for good measure.

Back