How much can Ronda Rousey benchpress?

One Brendan Schaub for sure, but more than that might be pushing it.

For the record, Liz carmouche doesn't bench 225 x 6, willing to bet my life on it.

I can't say for 100% certain whether those claims are true or not. However, I have seen girls bench 185-200 lbs when I took strength training in high school and college so I think it's plausible.

These girls had a few inches (5'8-5'10) on Liz and weighed between 160-170 lbs. so I don't know how much their size factored into it. Does weighing more give you a significant advantage at something like bench press?

However, while bigger these were high school and college girls and while some were athletes none engaged in physically demanding tasks (ie grappling with an opponent) in the same way Liz does or as often. Thus, I do think it's very realistic she can bench that much or something close to it.

Benching is hardly a measure of coolness, ability, or anything else. It's not the only exercise in the gym.

How much can u bench?

Seems like all the weaklings hate on the bench press because they are weak at it. You're a man, your upper body strength matters. If you can press a lot, you have a strong upper body. Its arms, back, chest and shoulder strength. Go on and do your little aerobics and leave the bench pressing to the men.
And btw, ronda can probably bench as much as an average 135lb guy who doesnt lift weights. Ive seen average dudes who are about 135lbs go into gym and bench 180lbs. So ronda would be about that much max.

No way an average dude benches 1.5X bodyweight without training unless he's already strong from other sports.

I can't say for 100% certain whether those claims are true or not. However, I have seen girls bench 185-200 lbs when I took strength training in high school and college so I think it's plausible.

These girls had a few inches (5'8-5'10) on Liz and weighed between 160-170 lbs. so I don't know how much their size factored into it. Does weighing more give you a significant advantage at something like bench press?

However, while bigger these were high school and college girls and while some were athletes none engaged in physically demanding tasks (ie grappling with an opponent) in the same way Liz does or as often. Thus, I do think it's very realistic she can bench that much or something close to it.

Liz Carmouche doesn't bench 225 x 6, simple as that. She is not a powerlifter, I have seen strong girls at the gym who are around Carmouches size, and they are on all sorts of stuff, and they where able to do like one rep at 225-230. These girls are training in powerlifting though, big difference.

Liz Carmouche doesn't bench 225 x 6, simple as that. She is not a powerlifter, I have seen strong girls at the gym who are around Carmouches size, and they are on all sorts of stuff, and they where able to do like one rep at 225-230. These girls are training in powerlifting though, big difference.

Never said she definitely lifted that much. Simply stated that given my experience I think it's plausible.

Also the girls I saw lifting weren't power lifters either. A woman can still be capable of lifting that much weight even if they're not powerlifters.

However, I will say that I think if she did pull those numbers that's probably her best set ever and not what she lifts on a regular basis.

Finally, I think it's just as plausible that she didn't lift that much and it was an attempt at hyping her. However, I can't completely discredit the claim given my experience.

Never said she definitely lifted that much. Simply stated that given my experience I think it's plausible.

Also the girls I saw lifting weren't power lifters either. A woman can still be capable of lifting that much weight even if they're not powerlifters.

However, I will say that I think if she did pull those numbers that's probably her best set ever and not what she lifts on a regular basis.

Finally, I think it's just as plausible that she didn't lift that much and it was an attempt at hyping her. However, I can't completely discredit the claim given my experience.

You need to learn how to count the plates man no <18 y/o girl was benching 200lbs in highschool. That or you need to learn what counts as a proper bench press.

My senior class we had<10 guys doing 200 regularly with proper technique and no girl got in the entire school got close to 185 and we had over a dozen female D-1 recruits and many more male recruits from lacrosse, to wrestling. I went to very well-funded private college prep school that brought in 5th year seniors for athletics and in 4 years not one female athlete was close to those numbers.

Maybe if you said one senior girl who was a butch ass shotputter put up ~185 its reasonable but no way are several high school girls in the same school who are casual fitness enthusiasts putting up those numbers.

World record raw bench for women around Ronda's weight is a bit over 300 lbs.

You are wrong again, never in this lifetime, will Liz Carmouche do a 225 x 6 benchpress, and I believe the numbers you refer to are not real life examples. I'm a pretty big guy, 203 lbs 5'10, I do 225 around 20 times and I'm a 24 year old male with a lot of weight training behind me, the idea of that girl doing 6 reps at the same weight is just preposterous.

i'd bet not much.
upper body strength in females is drastically different, also she is judo which is more pulling than pushing so i wouldn't be surprised if she has impressive lifts in some pulling exercises but not benching

You are wrong again, never in this lifetime, will Liz Carmouche do a 225 x 6 benchpress, and I believe the numbers you refer to are not real life examples. I'm a pretty big guy, 203 lbs 5'10, I do 225 around 20 times and I'm a 24 year old male with a lot of weight training behind me, the idea of that girl doing 6 reps at the same weight is just preposterous.

I apologize, I wasn't aware that you watched Liz and every other woman in the world bench press and are thus an expert on how much every single woman in existence can bench press.

I'll break it down for you. During high school and college I took multiple weight training classes. In high school, I took 1 a semester so 8 in total and in college the classes were only offered once a week (don't know why) so I took 4-5 each semester in order to get my workouts in. I took Fall, Spring, and Summer classes so 12-15 classes a year and 48-60 total (I believe it was exactly 58 but not 100% sure) during my college career. That's a total of 56-68 classes I've taken in my school years.

In each of these classes there were at least 10 girls with most classes having more but I'll keep it conservative and just say each had 10 girls. That's a total of between 560-680 girls who were in class with me at some point. I know some girls probably took more than one of the same classes I did but most were new faces so I'll lower the number to an even 500 for simplicity sake.

Out of those 500 girls, 6 of them were benching 185 lbs or higher and they were all college athletes (except one who was a high school athlete) with all being on the track team, softball team, or both. That's a little over 1% of girls I've been in class with who were capable of accomplishing this feat.

Actually, it was probably a much smaller percentage than that b/c I'm being very very very conservative in my numbers so I don't overstate.

I'm not claiming women are walking around benching that much weight is a normal occurrence. I'm saying I've seen it so I know it's possible.

Also, there is video of women lifting that much weight. I don't care that you're a guy or that you've done a lot of weight training. That doesn't change the facts. If you don't believe me then that's fine you can look up examples of it yourself online. However, I will say I have no idea why you'd think I'd make up what I saw other people accomplish but that's not my prerogative to find out.

However just as an FYI if I'm going to make stuff up I'd make it up about myself not other people. :cool:

You need to learn how to count the plates man no <18 y/o girl was benching 200lbs in highschool. That or you need to learn what counts as a proper bench press.

My senior class we had<10 guys doing 200 regularly with proper technique and no girl got in the entire school got close to 185 and we had over a dozen female D-1 recruits and many more male recruits from lacrosse, to wrestling. I went to very well-funded private college prep school that brought in 5th year seniors for athletics and in 4 years not one female athlete was close to those numbers.

Maybe if you said one senior girl who was a butch ass shotputter put up ~185 its reasonable but no way are several high school girls in the same school who are casual fitness enthusiasts putting up those numbers.

I addressed most of this in my last post but your post made me laugh so I'll respond to some things.

Please refrain from calling me 'man'. I'm not a guy, my parents just don't know the difference between Jamie and Jaime. :icon_sad:

I've had years of weight training classes so I know what a proper bench press is. Also, I am able to count past 10 so I know how to count plates. In addition I mastered adding in 1st grade and was an expert multiplier by Xmas break in 3rd grade so I'm good on that front as well.

The girls weren't all in high school. There was one girl in high school and the rest were college athletes who were in weight training classes with me at different times. If you read my last post you'll see that it was very spread out. If you don't have time to do that, these girls basically comprised a little over 1% of total girls I had a class with.

Finally, a lot of them actually were on the track team. Well either that or softball and I did have my suspicions about most of them.

However I'm 5'5, 135 lbs, and my max bench is 115 lbs. With that in mind I made the decision that going up to a girl who outweighs me by 40-50 lbs and I just saw bench guy weight and then proceeding to ask if she were a lesbian probably wasn't conducive to my long term health.

Back