How many UFC tournaments would Rickson have won?

dude it was 1991 do you think the gracies knew who oleg was? no one knew fuck about anyone. there was no internet and the best source for martial artist at the time was black belt magazine, which was very much mostly about ninjas and shit.

They gave 2 shits about oleg, rickson fought hugo duarte, a pretty b, basically the biggest luta livre guy at that time. You think oleg or any other russian scared the gracies?

If they were scared, ken shamrcok wouldve not be invited, being one of the biggest name in japan at the time.

whats next? the gokor conspiracy theory?
They rigged the tournament against anyone that wasn't a Gracie. Imagine UFC 1 but with legit fighters lol...bye bye little Royce.

They rigged the tournament against anyone that wasn't a Gracie. Imagine UFC 1 but with legit fighters lol...bye bye little Royce.

how did they rigg the tournament?

who are the legit fighters you talk about back in those days I would like to know.

Last edited:
how did they rigg the tournament?

who are the legit fighters you talk about back in those days I would like to know.
by making the rules favor them.

Legit fighters? Well let's see, there was shooto guys, Pancrase guys, judokas, boxers, kickboxers, wrestlers, catch wrestlers, etc.

87956adb371e098081e57316a3098148.gif

by making the rules favor them.

Legit fighters? Well let's see, there was shooto guys, Pancrase guys, judokas, boxers, kickboxers, wrestlers, catch wrestlers, etc.

the rules favorable to them? like there were no rules but biting and eye gouging? how is that favorable to them and not to the whole rest? if anything, that set of rule set didnt favor anyone but fighting in general.

lpancreas guys, you mean like the one who subbed funaki/? mmm that kind sounds like ken fucking shamrock... or may be another big name of the time, jason de luccia (well it was after a while in pancreas)... mmmm that sounds like someone royce sub. Wrestlers? like dan severn? catch wrestlers like again, ken shamrock?

Funaki was the biggest name there was in japan, and ken subbed him.

Anyways, pancreas was fake as fuck...

Shooto wasnt MMA back then just so you know...

Judokas.. what the hell was renco traning in? tai chi?

If you mean on prime olympic wrestlers, well why the fucking hell would an olympic wrestler on his prime go fight an obscure nhb never seen tournament for 50k.... dont be silly.

It would've been nice if Rickson fought Marco Ruas or Sakuraba in his career.

the rules favorable to them? like there were no rules but biting and eye gouging? how is that favorable to them and not to the whole rest? if anything, that set of rule set didnt favor anyone but fighting in general.

lpancreas guys, you mean like the one who subbed funaki/? mmm that kind sounds like ken fucking shamrock... or may be another big name of the time, jason de luccia (well it was after a while in pancreas)... mmmm that sounds like someone royce sub. Wrestlers? like dan severn? catch wrestlers like again, ken shamrock?

Funaki was the biggest name there was in japan, and ken subbed him.

Anyways, pancreas was fake as fuck...

Shooto wasnt MMA back then just so you know...

Judokas.. what the hell was renco traning in? tai chi?

If you mean on prime olympic wrestlers, well why the fucking hell would an olympic wrestler on his prime go fight an obscure nhb never seen tournament for 50k.... dont be silly.

Easy. They would make things easy for jujitsu fighters by providing soft mats and rigging who Royce fought and what his opponents were allowed to do.

Lol at your retarded tangent. The Gracies ducked legit competition and the few legit guys the did get ended up having the deck stacked against them. But that's okay, the UFC was just an advertisement for BJJ.

Easy. They would make things easy for jujitsu fighters by providing soft mats and rigging who Royce fought and what his opponents were allowed to do.

Lol at your retarded tangent. The Gracies ducked legit competition and the few legit guys the did get ended up having the deck stacked against them. But that's okay, the UFC was just an advertisement for BJJ.

soft mats where for both fighters, not only bjj guys, how many times did royce get slammed for the mat to have played any a factor? What were the rules you mention that royce was allow to do and his opponents werent allow to do to him? name one.

how was it rigged who royce fought if it was a tournament? royce fought the boxer, ken and gergard, all the best fighters in that tournament, may you tell me who was the one who royce didnt fight and was going to beat his ass if it wasnt for rorions rigging skills??

instead of talking out of your retarded moronic ass, why dont you name some of the legit fighters that royce ducked?

give names and not stupid conjunctures you heard someone said.

Everyone that has rolled with Rickson says he is the best, when people who aren't affiliated with the Gracie's. Even fighters I've trained with, I ask them about who the best person they've sparred/trained with, all of them say rickson is the best

Erik Paulson has faced world class grapplers and told me that rickson is both the best grappler and athlete he's ever shared a mat with. Erik told me he would show rickson submissions from other grappling arts, then rickson would have all the black belts in the Gracie gym roll with him, starting with any submission as locked in as they want, and submit them with the sub that Erik just showed him

I know people like to joke because rickson said he's like 500-0, but he really is a monster that would've crushed early UFC fighters, even guys like frye

soft mats where for both fighters, not only bjj guys, how many times did royce get slammed for the mat to have played any a factor? What were the rules you mention that royce was allow to do and his opponents werent allow to do to him? name one.

how was it rigged who royce fought if it was a tournament? royce fought the boxer, ken and gergard, all the best fighters in that tournament, may you tell me who was the one who royce didnt fight and was going to beat his ass if it wasnt for rorions rigging skills??

instead of talking out of your retarded moronic ass, why dont you name some of the legit fighters that royce ducked?

give names and not stupid conjunctures you heard someone said.

Soft mats were primarily for ground fighters like Royce.
The rules were bent when Ken was disallowed shoes an hour before the tournament.
The brackets were screwed with to give Royce an unfair advantage.

Names? Like every other boxer, kicker, grappler, and Shooto guy they failed to invite?

Soft mats were primarily for ground fighters like Royce.
The rules were bent when Ken was disallowed shoes an hour before the tournament.
The brackets were screwed with to give Royce an unfair advantage.

Names? Like every other boxer, kicker, grappler, and Shooto guy they failed to invite?

who told you that? soft mats were for gracies alone? hmmm you would think the guy normally getting on top is not the one whos not benefit of it.

Wearing shoes is the rule that allow royce do something and not his opponents, royce couldnt wear shoes either, not only ken, no one could...

what advantage did royce gotten from the brackets? he fought the only pro boxer in the tournament??? he fought ken on the semis, if royce wouldve been benefit from the brackets, dont you think they wouldve put the best fighter besides royce in the other side? so he could only face him in the finals? 2 wokring brain cells, its all it takes.

boxers hmmm, ralph gracie called out mike tyson, and put 1 millon dollar on the table. Mike was making 100 millon per fight at that time, do you think any really good pro boxer wouldve step in that cage for 50 grand? lmfao...

grappler? hmmm like who?
shooto guy? like who?

they brought the champ of pancreas, who was ken fucking shamrock.

For Ryan's fight VS Sak.............Sak was often coming in with a mask.

I had a dream that Sak came to the ring with a mask...........then "ryan" came to the ring with a mask............but when he took it off, it was Rickson!

That would have gone down in history as the greatest twist of all time.

Also you just got caught on talking shite...

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/rickson-gracie-vs-mark-shultz.3096663/

Schultz had him in a cradle for 20mins (twice) but didn't know any subs!!! In an MMA fight it's safe to assume Schultz would have destroyed him with elbows and headbutts. Original point stands, Coleman breaks him in two.

Wow, that's pretty interesting, I've heard a different version of the story. In all honesty tho we'll never know how legit Rickson really was. I believe in his prime he could have beaten everyone on the planet in his weight class though purely on legend alone.... EVERYONE that I've ever heard talk about Rickson at the time was highly impressed and said he is the best jiu jitsu player ever, which at the time where he came of age pretty much meant you were the baddest dude period.

He would armbar the refree, ringside judges, and everyone else in attendance too

Back