How many UFC tournaments would Rickson have won?

Also Rickson made more money fighting in Japan so not sure fighting in the UFC would have excited him
Rickson had two reasons for not fighting in the UFC.

One like you said was money. He wanted more more than what the UFC was going to pay him.

Two, the UFC was Rorion's show and back then, he and Rorion didn't see eye to eye. Art Davie, then promoter of the UFC in its early days, tried to get Rickson to fight in the UFC, but Rickson refused because of Rorion's involvement.

Royce beat Severn but Rickson would have lost? Severn was bigger than Don Frye and I think Severn was better.

Rickson would have won until he was not interested in fighting any longer

Also Rickson made more money fighting in Japan so not sure fighting in the UFC would have excited him

This is where you lost all credibility

Royce beat Severn so I'd back Rickson to do the same but I'd agree Frye would stomp him. Coleman would have broke him in half but The beast got tapped by Roye.

Coleman would have broke him in half?? He had an unsanctioned gym fight with Mark Schultz and whooped his ass for at least 20 minutes or more... Rickson isn't the GOAT for no reason.

Coleman would have broke him in half?? He had an unsanctioned gym fight with Mark Schultz and whooped his ass for at least 20 minutes or more... Rickson isn't the GOAT for no reason.

A grappling match against 180lbs Schultz makes you think at 40 he beats Prime Coleman with headbutts allowed? I think not my friend.

But if you are a crazed Rickson nut hugger, how far you seeing 40+ no striking Rickson going? Love to hear from the tiny section of the MMA community who think he could walk on water as to how far he could have gone.

I'm sure people will mostly see him winning early UFC's but I think your reaching to think he stays too dog in Colemans era.

Also you just got caught on talking shite...

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/rickson-gracie-vs-mark-shultz.3096663/

Schultz had him in a cradle for 20mins (twice) but didn't know any subs!!! In an MMA fight it's safe to assume Schultz would have destroyed him with elbows and headbutts. Original point stands, Coleman breaks him in two.

If you substitute Rickson for Royce in UFC 1, I think it's possible that Ken beats him. Number 1, Rickson actually looks like an athlete, so Ken wouldn't have grossly underestimated him like he did with Royce. Number 2, Rickson likely would've fought without the gi, and I do think that Ken's fight with Royce would've gone differently without Royce using the gi to lock in the choke.

1993 Ken is better than anyone Rickson fought, with only Funaki being close. That said, Rickson did beat Funaki handily at 42. Maybe he could've handled Ken as well at 35.

Rickson wins UFC 2, presumably fights Ken again at UFC 3, and wins UFC 4.

Last edited:
Marco Ruas would have been the first to give him a real fight.

I am always weary of legends without proof. I also think BJJ at its highest level is only as good as your take downs or judo throws to get fight to the carpet. Things that are very hard to do against guys with wrestling pedigrees.

Problem is how motivated would he have been beyond winning the first one. That has always been Rickson's issue and motivation was usually tied to money with him.

All of them Royce won he would've won for sure. Long term if he stuck with it probably Oleg and Ruas would be his first very hard challenge.

Real question is, Rickson vs Crew-cut Kimo? No ponytail - no mercy.

I don't have an answer but what I do have is
06a4659b721c3b27e3a0f04e29ff2208.gif
Damn you just made me seriously crave an Asian chick. Time to start packing my bags for Japan

More than Royce, if he chose to stick to the UFC.

Rickson was a far more complete competitor than Royce was.

He wouldn't have gotten past Tank Abbot. Answer is zero.

Back