How Many PPV Did UFC 229 REALLY Sell?

There'd be no accurate way of telling (if people buy the PPV and watch with friends, or watch at a bar), but I'd be intetested in buys compared to viewers. The latter number will obviously be much higher, but there's no way to determine an exact figure.
The leadup wasnt exactly spectacular either. And Khabib is not a draw. I would be surprised if it did 2 million buys. But even at 1.2-1.4M thats still huge by todays PPV standards.

Wtf are you guys even talking about? It was the biggest ufc ppv at 2.4 m ppv buys. We've always gone by meltzer numbers and this time is no different.

Wtf are you guys even talking about? It was the biggest ufc ppv at 2.4 m ppv buys. We've always gone by meltzer numbers and this time is no different.

I'm not discounting the numbers, I'm saying that it'd be interesting to know how many actual viewers there were (although there'd be no way of recording and measuring it), as opposed to how many buys there were.

Eg. You order the PPV at home, but have five other friends around to watch too - That's one buy, but six viewers. Same with a bar with 100 people watching - One buy, but 100 viewers.

Back