Relationship How many pets have you had in your life?

Also some turtles for a while.
i_like_turtles.gif

My mom did pet fostering for most of my childhood. The house was a revolving door of animals. We went through more dogs and cats than I can remember to keep track of with 5-10 at any given time.

Had or "had"?

Multitudes of fish, tropical and goldfish.
Tree frogs, to newts , to many type of lizards including your basic green anoles, Bahamas anoles to a Fischers chameleon, a male and a female Jackson chameleon, and a veiled chameleon. I had a Guinea pig we got from someone who didn’t want it thinking was female for years till it got old and got sick, and we found out it had ball cancer, did an operation and it lived for like a week after. I had a sugar glider growing up I had for about 8 years. Many funny stories about that little fucker .two standard poodles growing up, and have had 4 dogs of my own in adult life…I have a black male cane corso now. Oh yea I had a couple ferrets, they one of which I had for about 5 years named Frankie, dude was gangster. And finally my favorite cat ever in the world LD who I had to put down a little over a year ago due to a saddle thrombosis, he was only 4 :(
I think that’s about it I’m sure I’m leaving out some animals

been raising and training dogs since I was 8.
not all success stories, but they never bit anybody so there's that.
faves are german shepherds and labs.

the end.

I have no idea but I know when my current dog dies I'm not getting another

I have personally owned 4. A big gangly bitsa, a rottweiler and my two current labrador puppies.

I had fishes, turtles and a cat. There is a bit of decline in pet stores in America. There aren't many mom and pop pet stores around me and those small pets you buy from chain stores seem to be of inferior quality. I used to go there just to pick up feeder fish. I never bought fish or pets online so I am guessing that is the better way to shop for what you want nowadays.

Back