How many other LWs could take the shots nate took against Conor?

nobody else ,the diaz bros are special i have to admit, also conor was clearly having an hard time with nate reach, even tho he murked him for 7 min his gameplan wasn't very good, rda would have crumbled

Except RDA wouldn't have been standing letting conor get off, he'd be raping him against the wall.

Really? I think Big Country or Hunto could stand there with their hands behind their backs and give Conor a free shot and then laugh and go eat some burger king.

If they had their eyes open yes, anyone who's no expecting a punch in the chin will get KO

If they rolled with the shots the same way Nate did, probably most of the top guys. It's not like Diaz was eating flush haymakers the whole time, he's not that difficult to make contact on but is incredibly difficult to hit cleanly. Other guys might get hit harder though, but that's true fighting anybody.
Pretty much this, though I'd say that all of the LWs in the OP could take those same punches, if they landed in the same way.

Nate has a good chin, but his boxing skill and style also make him hard to knock out. He rolls with punches very well. Also, he doesn't lunge forward and rarely throws bombs, so when he gets countered, he minimizes the impact.

If the shots are in the right place any fighter can get ko'd, even the Diaz brothers.
I don't believe that any fighter has a "better chin" than any other fighter.
That being said I think probably all the LW fighters could have taken those same shots.

Just curious what your opinions are. Do you believe that once you go up about 10 pounds your chin suddenly forms a shell that causes knockouts to be more infrequent. Nick and Nate are some of the hardest dudes to knock out. If McGregor landed those clean uppercuts/punches against some of the following, who do you believe would get knocked out?

KEEP in mind: McGregor knocked out undefeated Aldo and finished nearly everyone in FW (including current LW Dustin) so try to be reasonable in your arguments.

RDA - Low chance but possible, titanium chin a bit overrated, just developed better boxing basics.
Khabib - Medium chance but with Khabib's recent performance it seems his striking is much better.

Tony Ferguson - Low chance, hard to finish this guy.
Donald Cerrone - Medium/high chance, Donald is susceptible to strikes, more so body strikes.

Eddie Alvarez - Medium, given that he was TKO'd earlier.
Edson Barboza - High chance, Barboza has been ko'd off a jab.

Anthony Pettis - Low chance

Side note: Reading these LW fighters reminds me how much of a murderers row LW can be.

RED: Very low chance of KO they come hard & furious and if you're under them it's hell.

Orange: Can be caught but will take work Edson can keep you at a distance with kicks.

YELLOW: These guys are more likely to get stiffened Cowboy starts slow, Tony will brawl, Anthony as been off his fight game he looks very catchable lately.

KEEP in mind: McGregor knocked out undefeated Aldo ...

Amazing fight, amazing accuracy from McG, but KEEP in mind: Aldo was flying at him. The huge amount of closing momentum was a significant factor in that KO.

Not sure any of these LWs will give McG the same gift. Pretty sure Aldo wouldn't give McG the same gift again either if he got his wish for the rematch (but who knows, Scarface seems pretty cray lately).

... Anthony as been off his fight game he looks very catchable lately.

True, but if anything that's only confirmed Pretty Tony's one of the most durable fighters in the sport. If anyone can take a punch or 18 and keep on ticking it's Anthony Pettis.

lol. What you forget to mention is that Nate is a gift matchup in that none of those other guys will stand right in front of him and box.

Dos Anjos would rape him on the ground. The rest are known kickers.

Before the fight:

"Nate has no chance. Terrible defense, no punching power, no wrestling, Mgregor in under a minute!"

After the fight:

"Well how many guys could take all 4 of those clean left hands? Nate is the worst matchup in the division."

My ass. He's still stylistically a perfect fight. A guy who will box the boxer and block punched and kicks with his face.

RDA vs Mcgregor would have been a complete Mismatch.

RDA would throw few leg kicks and then put him against the wall or on the ground, game over for mcgoat

Conor was only able to land what he did against Nate because Nate is the fighter who prefers to stand more than any other in the division.

Conor gets taken down and subbed or pounded out by any fighter in the top 5 (except Diaz of course who will just outbox him).

In fact if you wouldn't bet money on a tough guy with good grappling like Chiesa over Conor you're crazy. The guys at 155 are monsters on the ground especially at bjj compared to the guys at 145, which is exactly where Conor is weakest.

Conor's TDD looked bad vs Nate and also guys at 155 can power him down from the clinch unlike at 145, so he would get wrecked by most top LWs

conor would be murked by most
LWs. he better stick to midget fighting becuase he going to get hurt. 155 divison is conors monster under his bed. sleep tight mcChicken

To answer your question directly... A f@cking bunch of them.

I don't know, it's hard to gauge other chins based on how a Diaz bro does. Those guys are pretty much freaks in that department. That being said the fight was actually 170, and I think his power would be better at 155......

every one else in the entire LW lineup with the exception of yves edwards and northcutt.

hmm.. maybe maynard and stout as well.

Haters will disagree but no one at LW can take a constant onslaught from McGregor if they can't find a way to defend well.
I agree mcgregor hits hard but also the accuracy of his punches adds up when you continue to hit your opponent right on the button they fold much like mendes did

nobody else ,the diaz bros are special i have to admit, also conor was clearly having an hard time with nate reach, even tho he murked him for 7 min his gameplan wasn't very good, rda would have crumbled
RDA would've crumbled? Seriously?

Haters will disagree but no one at LW can take a constant onslaught from McGregor if they can't find a way to defend well.

You're delusional. I'm not sure if you watched the same fight I did; but quite a few fighters not only would be able to take the punch, but would even knock him out. He is an average fighter at lightweight....at best. The guy lacks so many intangibles it's amazing. Zero toughness.

Back