How many other LWs could take the shots nate took against Conor?

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just curious what your opinions are. Do you believe that once you go up about 10 pounds your chin suddenly forms a shell that causes knockouts to be more infrequent. Nick and Nate are some of the hardest dudes to knock out. If McGregor landed those clean uppercuts/punches against some of the following, who do you believe would get knocked out?

KEEP in mind: McGregor knocked out undefeated Aldo and finished nearly everyone in FW (including current LW Dustin) so try to be reasonable in your arguments.

RDA - Low chance but possible, titanium chin a bit overrated, just developed better boxing basics.
Khabib - Medium chance but with Khabib's recent performance it seems his striking is much better.
Tony Ferguson - Low chance, hard to finish this guy.
Donald Cerrone - Medium/high chance, Donald is susceptible to strikes, more so body strikes.
Eddie Alvarez - Medium, given that he was TKO'd earlier.
Edson Barboza - High chance, Barboza has been ko'd off a jab.
Anthony Pettis - Low chance

Remember, I'm not asking whether McGregor would win the fight or if he would outgrapple them, etc. So don't come in like "Herp derp Khabib would grapplefuck Conor" cause thats not what I'm fucking asking. Just answer the question in bold.

Side note: Reading these LW fighters reminds me how much of a murderers row LW can be.

Nate rolled with the punches beautifully and only got cracked a couple times.. his length helped with this.

Conor lands flush on any lightweight and they are done. But if they fight smart he wont be able to.

Just curious what your opinions are. Do you believe that once you go up about 10 pounds your chin suddenly forms a shell that causes knockouts to be more infrequent. Nick and Nate are some of the hardest dudes to knock out. If McGregor landed those clean uppercuts/punches against some of the following, who do you believe would get knocked out?

KEEP in mind: McGregor knocked out undefeated Aldo and finished nearly everyone in FW (including current LW Dustin) so try to be reasonable in your arguments.

RDA - Low chance but possible, titanium chin a bit overrated, just developed better boxing basics.
Khabib - Medium chance but with Khabib's recent performance it seems his striking is much better.
Tony Ferguson - Low chance, hard to finish this guy.
Donald Cerrone - Medium/high chance, Donald is susceptible to strikes, more so body strikes.
Eddie Alvarez - Medium, given that he was TKO'd earlier.
Edson Barboza - High chance, Barboza has been ko'd off a jab.
Anthony Pettis - Low chance

Remember, I'm not asking whether McGregor would win the fight or if he would outgrapple them, etc. So don't come in like "Herp derp Khabib would grapplefuck Conor" cause thats not what I'm fucking asking. Just answer the question in bold.

Side note: Reading these LW fighters reminds me how much of a murderers row LW can be.
nobody else ,the diaz bros are special i have to admit, also conor was clearly having an hard time with nate reach, even tho he murked him for 7 min his gameplan wasn't very good, rda would have crumbled

Nate rolled with the punches beautifully and only got cracked a couple times.. his length helped with this.

Conor lands flush on any lightweight and they are done. But if they fight smart he wont be able to.

Please show me facts about how no lw could survive his punches?

A clean shot in the right spot could KO anyone at any time.

Haters will disagree but no one at LW can take a constant onslaught from McGregor if they can't find a way to defend well.

Probably a good portion of them, Nate wasn't even wobbled. It looked much worse than it was as Conor just opened up a cut that Nate had from the MJ fight not that long ago. Also clean shots tend not to cause cuts, grazing shots are the ones that cause cuts.

Put it this way, how many LW's could finish Diaz? How many LW's could beat Diaz with Conor's game plan? How many LW's could go up to 170lb and survive against Rory… People bashing Conor are directly bashing Diaz. Diaz is hands down the single best striker at LW. Who's to say that RDA even survives the punches Diaz took?

There are not many fighters with Nate ability to roll with punches, the punches Conor landed would have knocked out most fighters at LW if they landed flush.

Thats not to say they would have been standing long enough to let Conor land those shots.

Probably Melendez and Diego.

Pettis, maybe. Cerrone (on the chin, anyway)

Diaz could be the only one, though. I have a lot of respect for Conor's left hand. I think it's still one of the deadliest weapons in all of mma.

The best punch Conor Landed was the left hook the the body in the beginning of the 2nd round.

Diaz got a real good poker face.
That was nasty
Nate is a tough Mofo

I could see Pettis, Cowboy and Barbosa melting like chocolate on a hot stove but the others are interesting for sure.

The shots weren't that hard, the left hand was telegraphed. The uppercuts were sharp, but not very heavy.

I could see Pettis, Cowboy and Barbosa melting like chocolate on a hot stove but the others are interesting for sure.
Pettis took a 5 round beating from RDA, but you can see him "melting" under Conor's shots? Jesus lol

A clean shot in the right spot could KO anyone at any time.
Really? I think Big Country or Hunto could stand there with their hands behind their backs and give Conor a free shot and then laugh and go eat some burger king.

How many power shots were actually landed? Remember, both Diaz bros have a lot of scar tissue and bleed easy - the damage is superficial. I think most of us knew Nate would bleed going into the fight.

Put it this way, how many LW's could finish Diaz? How many LW's could beat Diaz with Conor's game plan? How many LW's could go up to 170lb and survive against Rory… People bashing Conor are directly bashing Diaz. Diaz is hands down the single best striker at LW. Who's to say that RDA even survives the punches Diaz took?
Striker? No. Boxer? Yes.
RDA, Cowboy, Barboza, and Pettis are 4 guys of the top of me head that have better striking pedigrees because they utilize kicks.

Alvarez is the second best boxer at LW. I think power wise he's the best.

Back