How many more losses can McGregor take before his fan base starts dropping?

As long as he wins every other fight I think they'll stick around.

The problem is that his cardio is still horrendous and if Nate is smart he has now realized that literally all Conor has to offer is his left hand. If he stays clear of that he can't lose. Also if he really pushes for the takedown next time and gets him on the ground it over. You are an exception I guess but most of his fans know very little about mma and don't realize that he's honestly about average skill wise. He's just good at promoting himself
I'm not a McGregor fan, just a fight fan. But I do know that he has a won a lot of fights that nobody gave him any chance of winning. My question is the reverse of the original, how many he fights does he have to win before his haters realize he is a great fighter...

I'm ashamed to say that I once believed Conor could punch as hard as any top boxer in his weight class......I thought his power was similar to GGG's lmao

I don't want to shit on you because I have respect for people who acknowledge their mistakes but fucking LOL

If he loses one more fight he will retire so yea.

I'm not a McGregor fan, just a fight fan. But I do know that he has a won a lot of fights that nobody gave him any chance of winning. My question is the reverse of the original, how many he fights does he have to win before his haters realize he is a great fighter...
Besides Aldo, he was expected to beat Nate both times, definitely supposed to beat Alvarez. He really is just average, lol why do you think he has never defended belts. He's smart he knows he won't beat Frankie or khabib or ferguson so he doesn't fight them and makes excuses but that does get him more money.

I actually think his next fight is huge in terms of his perception going forward. If he loses again, he'll be seen more as a gimmick than a great champion. He'll still be a big draw going forward relative to other fighters, but he needs to win compelling match-ups to continue his mystique. Otherwise, I think the entertainment value will drop of significantly for each loss. Beating Nate in the rubber match is huge for his legacy and his perception amongst fans.

He could lose 5 straight n will still be a million dollar fighter.

Back