How many more losses can McGregor take before his fan base starts dropping?

Not many more. The problem is that is fanbase is mostly casual fans because they are the only ones that buy into him being the greatest in the ufc right now. Lol some think he's even the goat. What's going to happen is he is going to fight Nate and likely lose, after he'll probably fight gsp(huge money fight) and get taken down the whole time enroute to a 50-45 for GSP, then he'll go back to boxing g and lose to someone there(maybe canelo) and then he'll retire with 3 loses in a row

Barley won the rematch with Nate. Chocked out the first time. TKO against Floyd.

I would imagine it’s important he gets a decisive win whoever he fights next.
I'm not a McGregor fan, but could it possibly be that a fan of a fighter might be a fan based on something other than his wins or loses... Could it be that someone could be a fan of a fighter because they like his style, or his bravado, or the fact that he is a dedicated fighter who trains hard and worked his ass off to get where he is?

The real question is how many wins until the sad and creepy conor haters who only post about him get their accounts banned and need to create another.

Not many more. The problem is that is fanbase is mostly casual fans because they are the only ones that buy into him being the greatest in the ufc right now. Lol some think he's even the goat. What's going to happen is he is going to fight Nate and likely lose, after he'll probably fight gsp(huge money fight) and get taken down the whole time enroute to a 50-45 for GSP, then he'll go back to boxing g and lose to someone there(maybe canelo) and then he'll retire with 3 loses in a row
wouldnt you call a fan that only is a fan of a fighter if he is winning and abandons him when he inevitably starts to falter? I don't think he is the "greatest" in the UFC right now, but I do know he is the biggest name draw, because he delivers on great fights... why do you assume he'll to lose to Nate? He has developed his stand up and his conditioning for the Mayweather fight, two of the areas he will need to beat Diaz.

I'm ashamed to say that I once believed Conor could punch as hard as any top boxer in his weight class......I thought his power was similar to GGG's lmao

Did you also believe Ronda was dropping boxing champs with body shots in sparring?

His mindless gushers are generally homosexuals who are attracted to Conor's "alpha" personality/shit-talking/attention, etc...not so much his in-cage/ring performance.

Living vicariously through him because they know their *own* lives are utterly mediocre and boring.

Pretty sad.

Seems like many of them have jumped on the Perry bandwagon as he is the flavor of the month.

2 in a row and he's disco'd... but he'll avoid that as best as possible even if it involves only one more fight.

Stopped reading at Barley.
That was the part that kept me reading. Beer has barley in it.

I support anyone who takes the risks he does.

Rub some salt on your vaginas, you haters.

"Chocked"

Conor haters, everyone.

It won't be the losses that starts to make his fan base fade, it will be the lack of activity in the UFC. Conor already taking about wanting to box again, with no mention of MMA. I don't know if we ever see Conor defend a UFC belt.

It won't be the losses that starts to make his fan base fade, it will be the lack of activity in the UFC. Conor already taking about wanting to box again, with no mention of MMA. I don't know if we ever see Conor defend a UFC belt.
This is pretty much the only way I can see it happening. It'll be because people stop caring because he stops caring. But as things stand, his fans will turn up by the millions to watch him fight, and so will his detractors.

wouldnt you call a fan that only is a fan of a fighter if he is winning and abandons him when he inevitably starts to falter? I don't think he is the "greatest" in the UFC right now, but I do know he is the biggest name draw, because he delivers on great fights... why do you assume he'll to lose to Nate? He has developed his stand up and his conditioning for the Mayweather fight, two of the areas he will need to beat Diaz.
The problem is that his cardio is still horrendous and if Nate is smart he has now realized that literally all Conor has to offer is his left hand. If he stays clear of that he can't lose. Also if he really pushes for the takedown next time and gets him on the ground it over. You are an exception I guess but most of his fans know very little about mma and don't realize that he's honestly about average skill wise. He's just good at promoting himself

I beleive his fanbase...or the ones who are left (doesnt seem like much ) are loyal and not bamdwagoners. So they will be there to the end as i am with matt brown Dhk and damian maia

He can lose 5 in a row and he'll come up with some social media post about - smelling like new car, moral victories, no losing; either winning or learning, etc - and his fans will eat up and forget he is mediocre.

He's 17 - 1 in his last 18 MMA fights... so lets not get all doom & gloom on him just yet. I don't think he lost any love losing that boxing match. It was a fun experiment & he did well. A lot better than most of the resistance thought he would.

That said, because he has a wide spread influence that reaches the masses... a lot of his fans are casuals... & they would start dropping off with an MMA loss. Just like the casuals do when anyone loses. Conor does have a lot of fans that love him for his fight style & personaity etc... & they won't be shook off by loses.

eh, maybe I'm seeing it different but he's just fun to watch. He'll probably never hit the same level he did before the Mayweather fight

Back