How many Lightweights do you think could beat Conor McGregor?

Lot's of LW's assuming they get out of R1. Conor is dangerous early and those who don't follow a solid game plan can get rocked and finished. But Conor's gas tank is so suspect a good Top 10 LW stands a good chance of winning if they get past R2 and have the ability to get the fight to the ground, ideally well rounded so comfortable standing or grappling.

Top 40 is a stretch. It really drops off, there, after the top 15 or so.

I mean, if we're talking a 1/100 or 1/200 shot, then sure, I guess. But I don't think that's very relevant.
Its all about matchups

From a McGregor fan, I feel as if Pettis and Poirier could definitely give Conor problems, however the only person I could see legitimately beating Conor would be Khabib and Barboza.

Kevin Lee has solid technical boxing and fearsome wrestling and power doubles. I'd give him the greatest chance, followed by Khabib and then Ferg.

hate to say it, I would bet the house on Khabib if he ever fought Conor. Nobody talks about Barboza, I think he's actually the second worst matchup for Conor. Very slick on the feet. People keep talking about Conor being scared of Ferguson. The guy got dropped by Lando. Ferguson stands right in front of his opponents and has eaten a lot of punches What do people think is going to happen when that left hand lands? As for the rest of the lightweights, Conor trashes them all comfortably.

tenor.gif

Barboza
Tony
Khabib
Diaz.

I think Gaethje, Dustin, Alvarez are a little too wild.

Tony Ferguson
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Nate Diaz
Justin Gaethje if he can zombie it and use his superior wrestling
Maybe Kevin Lee with a solid game plan but I'd favor Conor
Edson Barboza with a solid game plan

Khabib,Tony,Nate,Poirier,Barboza,Taisumov and some others..
I love Barboza, but if you are getting out boxed by Johnson and Ferg, dropped by teh Cerrone jab, you are in big trouble vs Conor. Taisumov is an interesting pick and maybe the most under rated-under appreciated fighter in the UFC. On top of Khabib, Makhachev (aka Khabib light), could be an interesting match up.

But like Conor say's, unless you have size and some attributes, you are getting dropped. I think people are now making the mistake thinking because he did not KO Floyd in boxing that he has no power. How many times have we seen great fighters get in there, get punched once and then look like a deer in the head lights. The ONLY one that took that power and was relatively unfazed was Nate, who trains with Andre Ward. Even then, Nate was still dropped multiple times. Conor's game has also exponentially increased since he was humbled, he is back at the basics and forces you to box him at range.

Tony Ferguson
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Nate Diaz
Justin Gaethje if he can zombie it and use his superior wrestling
Maybe Kevin Lee with a solid game plan but I'd favor Conor
Edson Barboza with a solid game plan
Lee is the most interesting to me as he starts fast, like Conor, and has the reach on Conor plus massive size advantage. Lee looked like a bull in that first round vs Tony, but what gives me pause is Tony dropped him, and if Tony is dropping you, Conor is taking your soul

Lee is the most interesting to me as he starts fast, like Conor, and has the reach on Conor plus massive size advantage. Lee looked like a bull in that first round vs Tony, but what gives me pause is Tony dropped him, and if Tony is dropping you, Conor is taking your soul
Tony isn't a soft hitter but Lee's chin is suspect. It'd be a race really.

What lands first, left counter or blast double?

Fight doesn't leave the first.

Kevin lee? lol, he gets murdered unless he spams takedowns for 25 minutes.

Ferguson
Khabib
Nate

All 3 have the tools to be Mcgregor. I'd say Khabib and Nate have the best chances while Tony, because he gets hit a lot has a tougher fight.

Gaedjthe is a maybe at this point. He is tough as nails but his striking is wild and he gets hit a lot as well.

Mairbek Taisumov
Ferguson
Vick
Barboza
Iaquinta
Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Damir Hadzovic
David Teymur
Lando Vannata
Nate

all of them win.

They all could but Id only favor Khabib. Gaethje and Tony get hit way too much. Conor may have his problems but he is an insanely good fighter, and people always seem to forget that, ignore that, because they dont like him/his fans.
he's a great fighter. I would give at most 3 fighters at 155 equal or better odds. Kabib, Tony, and maybe barboza. I think Tony is the worst style match up for him.

f13d3ad553a358e40253b88bd3298d66.png

These guys would all beat Conor.

You guys are all nuts, only Cris Cyborg has a realistic chance at beating Conor McGregor if she moves up to 155. They don't even have a 155 division for women?

Back