How many Lightweights do you think could beat Conor McGregor?

Brimmage , Aldo and Holloway if they decide to move up. Also Alvarez and Poirer in a rematch & all the other 155'ers

Every last one of them, Bellator and every other org. My nephew is about 155, throw him in there and he'd beat McGregor too........

All the the real Top 15 guys. By real, I mean people with 10 fights or more in the UFC, and a 5 fight or more recent win streak, not guys like Eddie Alvarez who have been grandfathered-in because of their accomplishments in weaker promotions.

But this is not a knock against Conor. Just like they can beat him, he can beat them. Conor is not a dominant champ. He is a right fight right time type of champ.

Can Fighter X beat Conor?
Note, this does not mean I think Fighter X will be beat him 100% of the time, just that it's a possibility...

1 Tony Ferguson - Yes

2 Khabib Nurmagomedov - Yes

3 Edson Barboza - Yes

4 Eddie Alvarez - No

5 Justin Gaethje -Yes

6 Nate Diaz - Yes (and has)

7 Dustin Poirier - Yes

8 Kevin Lee - Yes

9 Michael Chiesa - Doubtful

10 Al Iaquinta - Doubtful

11 Michael Johnson - Yes

12 Beneil Dariush - Unsure

13 Anthony Pettis - No

14 James Vick - Unsure

15 Evan Dunham - No

If conor ever steps foot in an octagon again please for the love of the just bleed gods let it be khabib

I think Lee could beat him very easily if he gets a takedown. Kevin Lee's grappling is something crazy

Khabib would maul him if he got a take down. The T-Ferg fight would be a war IMO, but I don't see any other outcome other than Ferguson winning a bloody fight. I think the Barboza fight would be a war for Conor, again though I have little faith in Conor winning a back and forth war where his cardio gets tested.

I think Chiesa has the ability to make it a rough nate for Conor also, Nate obviously can put it on him.

But like wise, on Conor's best night....he's capable of beating them all.

Ferguson
Khabib
Kevin Lee
Justin Gaethje
Edson Barboza
Clay Guida

zero2.jpg

Top 10 at lightweight can beat each other on any given night.

I would only favor gathje, ferguson, and khabib.
Vick you would probably get kod tbh.
Dariush presents problems
Johnson is tough for anyone willing to trade with him

I think virtually any of the top ten lightweights COULD beat Conor.

the reality of mma, and a division as stacked as lw, is anyone in the top 40 could beat eachother on any given night. so many ways to lose and win, as apposed to other sports.

the reality of mma, and a division as stacked as lw, is anyone in the top 40 could beat eachother on any given night. so many ways to lose and win, as apposed to other sports.

Top 40 is a stretch. It really drops off, there, after the top 15 or so.

I mean, if we're talking a 1/100 or 1/200 shot, then sure, I guess. But I don't think that's very relevant.

Back