How many hours a week you work / Your paycheck $

Take away all the taxes and chit, what do you bring home after all that tax action? How many hours per week do you work? Let's see how much you're worth.

I'll go last

Honest Answer - it's complicated (I'm a contract professor at York University):

I work on a fixed salary of $72K - and I actually don't have set hours. During the term, I will teach one or two courses, and hold office hours for an additional 2 hours. So my physical "mandatory" time is less than 12 hours. However, once you factor in time spent doing research, collecting data, attending meettings, consulting on projects etc, I routinely run upwards of 60 hours a week. I don't have a seperation between work and personal life. When I am at home, I will have one monitor watching youtube/surfing Sherdog, but be working on another monitor. If I am infront of a computer, I rarely am not doing work in some way.

I know I can make way more money as a consultant, but I find academia liberating. I don't mind putting in work, as long as it's on my own schedule.

guys I'm huge and jacked, it would be a bad scene for you guys
Legit Q for you buns: Do you work out? If so, what type of workouts? Do you ever go to fitness expos? S/D/B prs? I've been a gym god since 2007.

I earn £65k pa and I reckon on a good week I do about 4 hours total work. On a bad week, I do absolutely fuck all.

After implementing my special formula, I can safely say that you are worth $20 per hour!
Lol that would be correct. Though I feel I'm worth more but I'll settle for $20.

I get to work alone & work my own schedule so that keeps me here.

This year, $85k, take home $1,250 a week.

Last year $100k, take home around $1,500 a week.

Took a pay hit to do some really interesting cutting edge kinda stuff.

are we talking time spent at work?

or time spent at work, not on sherdog?

cuz those numbers are staggeringly different haha

After taxes I have hardly anything. I hand about 70% of my income back to the government via "taxes".

How many hours a week depends on how busy we are (normally near 40 though) and how much I get paid depends on profit (base salary + profit sharing). My income can fluctuate by several thousands due to the profit sharing.

I work a 4 hour work week and live on passive income... took 12 years of careful planning and countless hours

I have a piddly shit job right now. I'm just using it as a stepping stone. I don't even want to discuss what I make. But I will tell you that I'm paying about 15% in taxes, which isn't a lot less that what I'm used to.

I am a FedEx Ground Driver and that job pulls me in some change, also i am a music producer and mixing engineer with my own business.

As few as possible.
As much as possible.

The economy is in the dumps here, and I'm self employed, so both can vary greatly.

Dude, why do so many people start threads asking for our financial information?
How much do you pay in taxes, how much do you net per month, how much is in your bank account, what percentage of your pay goes to your mortgage, what's your routing number, what are the last four digits of your social, what'a your mom's maiden name, etc?

Ok, I'm not sure about a few of those. But enough of those were actual threads started here in the past year.

Let's say I want to buy a new boat.

My income is taxed at ~50%

Then I pay sales tax on the boat at ~9%

Then I have to register the boat and get stickers for it.

Then I have to pay the DNR for the lake sticker.

Then I have to pay a huge road tax on gas for a vehicle that does not go on the road each time I want to use it.

So.... to buy a $20,000 boat.....I would have to make about $50,000

Take away all the taxes and chit, what do you bring home after all that tax action? How many hours per week do you work? Let's see how much you're worth.

I'll go last
40 Hours a week, union gig. Doesnt matter how much I make, $100 or 10,000, most of it goes to the dopeman anyway.

Back