How many hours a week you work / Your paycheck $

Cosign.

Young people these days love to talk about how much a death warrant college debt is (Which to a degree their point is legitimate in regards to it's historical progression), but they have terrible financial intelligence and monetary habits. They feel entitled to certain things that are essentially just unnecessary liabilities.
College isn't even necessary. I see plenty of people my age (around 23) making great money through trade schools.

My parents fortunately taught me good money habits, which definitely helps me out, also helps I live with my best friend and he covers all the bills for my townhouse.

60 hrs +/- Self employed attorney.

Also, as an attorney you can get plenty of licenses easily and the build side businesses around that.

Get a real estate broker license (assuming you do any real estate work) and then hire real estate agents for competitive commission splits. Get a Tax Preparer license and good tax software - then do simple tax preparation with college kids doing the data entry. Get a Title License and open a title company.

Being a lawyer opens tons of doors for building side gigs without leaving your desk.

I am physically at work 40-50 hours a week but I only actually work maybe 10-15 hours a week

But since I was 18, I've worked 40+ and at one point was averaging a hard 60 hours minimum (working as hard as I could the entire time) to build up my business to the point where I can shitpost on the internet all day

I work from home, and am on call pretty much 24/7. It is not bad tho, on average, I would say I do about 20 hours of work per week and bring in a little under $1000/week after taxes.

Yup. Outsource/expand ASAP IMO. Some people like the stability and safety of running their own shit, but there's a ceiling that you cannot breakthrough on your own. Not to mention the hours too. Better than working for someone else, not as good as getting others to work for you.

Yup, you have to have a plan to scale up without working more hours.

A good book I read said that the biggest self-employment trap is that people end up creating a "job" for themselves instead of creating a business that they run. With their "job" they can't ever leave because there's no replacement for the work they do.

College isn't even necessary. I see plenty of people my age (around 23) making great money through trade schools.

My parents fortunately taught me good money habits, which definitely helps me out, also helps I live with my best friend and he covers all the bills for my townhouse.
Agreed. I think I just got a college education because everyone else was. It's had minimal bearing on anything in regards to myself and my financial journey.

I don't want to be hard-stanced one way or the other because college as an institution for the masses is absolutely critical. We need doctors, surgeons, architects, engineers etc. Just really depends what you as an individual, truly want. I've always been honest in that I wanted to make money, SO that I could gain the freedom to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Some people truly want to help people (Although I think a lot of people mistakenly try convince themselves of this) whatever it may be.

lol I knew you were poor mr "I have a government job"
I do have a government job lol. I'm not paying a mortgage in Southern California.

Honestly, I should be living well off being in Central PA, but as i said.

Yup, you have to have a plan to scale up without working more hours.

A good book I read said that the biggest self-employment trap is that people end up creating a "job" for themselves instead of creating a business that they run. With their "job" they can't ever leave because there's no replacement for the work they do.
That wasn't MJ Demarco's Millionaire Fastlane was it? Great book BTW.

Agreed. I think I just got a college education because everyone else was. It's had minimal bearing on anything in regards to myself and my financial journey.

I don't want to be hard-stanced one way or the other because college as an institution for the masses is absolutely critical. We need doctors, surgeons, architects, engineers etc. Just really depends what you as an individual, truly want. I've always been honest in that I wanted to make money, SO that I could gain the freedom to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Some people truly want to help people (Although I think a lot of people mistakenly try convince themselves of this) whatever it may be.
I don't need to be rich, I just need to have the financial stability to be able to retire early and travel and do what I want. My father passed away when I was 18 and left me quite a bit in life insurance and a trust so besides using that money for a car, home, and paying for college I've invested and I've been growing the rest. My goal is to retire probably at the latest in my 40s. Thats my main goal, invest and grow money to be able to do what I want in 15+ years of so. I'm currently trying to get a job at an insurance company that pays pretty good and has fantastic benefits.

Buns, I'm really bad with money.

I bring home $1800 a paycheck twice a month after taxes & medical. I live paycheck to paycheck =/

It's okay bunny! At least you're not living in Somalia or some gay chit like that!!! :D

Plus you would kill @Roca if you two were to engage in fisticuffs
@Roca knows better

GenerousCoolAmericanlobster.gif

Back