How Many Hours a Week Do You Train BJJ?

Oh and my gym has 17 hours of grappling a week, 7 nogi, 8 gi and 2 open mat.

10 Hours BJJ.
8 Hours wrestling.

I train more over the summer and winter when I don't have school.

Last edited:
the poll results are funny :D kind of normal bell curve except for a large hunk of "hardcore" guys with 10+

About 8 hours a week. But this does not inlcude coming in about 1 hr early to drill moves. And staying after to roll/ drill.

You are so lucky. It will probably take you 5 years to be a black belt. 14hrs a week is unreal. Do u work or go to uni/college?
If I were not so uncoordinated I'm confused for handicapped I would have been a black belt a long time ago, but I'm still a brown belt after 11 years.

I train every class available, so that's around 6 hours a week.
Really wish there were more.

Do any of the 10 + hours guys cross train, lift weights, do some cardio or in a MMA/boxing/kickboxing

I do 3 hours of BJJ, 2 hours of kickboxing classes. about 2 to 3 hours of strenght and conditioning (mostly body weight) and 2 hours of running.

When it's only a 1 hour class I usually do some strenght and conditioning the same day.

I love the variety and I'm less injury prone that way. I know that I don't get super good at anything that way...

Right now I would say about 6-8 hours a week.

croo8F2.jpg

Holy Necro! This thread is 6 years old. WTF?

So it is. I looked back, and sure enough, there was my post after like 6 months of training as a white belt.

I train 3 classes most weeks. Amazing that so many guys roll for 10+ hours, how can you do that long term, I put in 5 hours (but probably closer to 4? Not sure)

I stuck with that training volume and frequency for the better part of 6 years. Now a purple belt, and the last few months my training frequency has REALLY suffered, if I fit a class in once a week that is great. However it is a tricky time for me and I have been lifting weights more - I hope to get back to that original frequency, I think to get better long-term I will need to commit to it again.

Back