How Many Hours a Week Do You Train BJJ?

w0rM

αω
@Brown
Reaction score
Poll is multi-option so you can pick more than one option. How many hours a week do you train BJJ?

You can include gi and no-gi.

7 days a week at least two hours a day.

If you consider all the post/pre class open mat fooling around light light rolling and messing around as training, everybody would probably have 10+

Just coming back from an injury, so only 3-5 hours/week, but ill be up to double that after a month I hope.

due to a changed work schedule, i only get in 2-3 classes a week at the moment.

luckley, i have a guy i work with who also trains...and we have been using our lunch break to get some mat time in!

Wow, you guys are hardcore, 40% managing 10+ hours?!

It would be interesting to see how many hours per week people that train other arts manage to get in, since I guess my BJJ is always between 2-6 hours per week, but I also clock up another 6 hours in other arts. I'm not sure what you other newbie (white belts) think, but I'm finding I need *at least* 3 hours per week to make any reasonable amount of progress. I have quite a bad memory, and find it just far too easy to forget the details otherwise.

I'd train longer, but the BJJ class is only for an hour and I really don't care to train past 8pm.

7 or 8 hours a week usually, wish i could find more time though.

If I could make every single BJJ class offered at my gym I could still only train 9 hours a week. You guys with the 10+ hours should be grateful for your class schedules!
Since I cannot make some morning classes or the longer Monday class, I am down to only 4 or 5 hours this semester. I was making 7 to 8 hours in the summer.

3-4 hrs per week. I just got a promotion at work though, and have to train the new guy at my old job, plus I'm going to school.. so I've been busier than usual.

If I could make every single BJJ class offered at my gym I could still only train 9 hours a week. You guys with the 10+ hours should be grateful for your class schedules!
Since I cannot make some morning classes or the longer Monday class, I am down to only 4 or 5 hours this semester. I was making 7 to 8 hours in the summer.

we only have one adult class a day and I still manage 10+ hours a week, how short are your guys classes?

we only have one adult class a day and I still manage 10+ hours a week, how short are your guys classes?

Each class is one hour. Two nights a week there is a technique class and a sparring class back to back. One sparring class is only 45 minutes.

Just had a look at the schedule to refresh my memory. The sparring classes after the fundamentals on those two nights are actually only scheduled for a half an hour. And I did forget one technique class that I've never been able to go to because it is in the day. So after all is said and done there is only 8.75 hours of class each week. 4 hours of technique class, 4.75 for sparring. I really wish we had the whole, two hour class with warm ups, drills and rolling all incorporated, but gotta make do.

It definitely varies, but in general about 6-10 hours of grappling. That includes judo as well. A good week is 4-5 days of training at a minimum of 60-90 minutes per session if not more. Full time job and doctoral studies figure into that as well. No less than two days a week though.

I train 3 classes most weeks. Amazing that so many guys roll for 10+ hours, how can you do that long term, I put in 5 hours (but probably closer to 4? Not sure)

Each class is one hour. Two nights a week there is a technique class and a sparring class back to back. One sparring class is only 45 minutes.

Just had a look at the schedule to refresh my memory. The sparring classes after the fundamentals on those two nights are actually only scheduled for a half an hour. And I did forget one technique class that I've never been able to go to because it is in the day. So after all is said and done there is only 8.75 hours of class each week. 4 hours of technique class, 4.75 for sparring. I really wish we had the whole, two hour class with warm ups, drills and rolling all incorporated, but gotta make do.

Wow! Thats some short classes, we do 2 hour classes(30 minutes warmup and drills, 45 minutes technique, and 45 minutes of intervals) with open mat after four days a week then open mat 3 days a week that lasts a few hours.

About 12, two hours a day four days a week and two-three hours a day the other two. Having my off days not on the weekend helps.

Back