How many fights should be on a card?

there are a lot of fighters and of course the more you have the more of a chance you can find a "star" ... more fights = more coverage as well .. you see how they play on various outlets as fights go on they even change them from say fox to fs1.. or fs1 to ppv ..etc ...

10 seems like a nice round number but with the number of injuries and pullouts they should probably go with twelve. They should also have only one maybe two weightclasses per card that way they can better work around injuries imo

12 so any drop outs don't make people attending feel ripped off

10-12 is fine. No more than 12 though or it starts to drag, especially if there are a lot of decisions. between 10 and 12 is just perfect I think.

the number of fights doesnt matterr really. what matters is how many fights they broadcast per hour.

less bullshit more fighting

Over the years, promotions have increased the amount of fights. Old UFC cards would have 8 fights. Today most cards have at least 10 fights, sometimes 13. Do you think that is enough or too much? I personally like a lot of fights, but every prelim last night went to decision which gave it a slow start. If the fights are good I'll happily watch 13 fights, but if you had to average everything 8-10 fights is plenty, especially for a Bellator show.

Tonight's Bellator card has 8 fights. Which do you prefer?

Just be glad Jon Fitch "ppv time eater" is no longer with the org.

Honestly, I would watch two drunk guys at a bar fight until it spills into the street, complete with their drunk girlfriends trying to break it up... not sure why people complain there are too many fights on a card and claim to like fights. But I guess I grew up wrestling and kickboxing and competing in regional BJJ tournaments, so I'm used to watching the same thing all day long, or even for a week at a time... it doesn't bore me.

Back