How many fights does Phil Davis have left on his Bellator deal?

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He's already fought for them 7 times.
The UFC could use another good light heavyweight right now.

I want to see him against Vadim Nemkov!

Davis would be #2 after Gus in UFC.

He dominates everybody else in there.

To be fair no one would be talking about him going back to the UFC if he had another typical davis fight. He needed that KO. There is a reason the ufc decided not to resign him, he was basically the LHW version of john fitch.

He has to be close to closing out that contract if he isn't on his second contract already. A lot of Bellator contracts seem to only be like 4 or 6 fights. I haven't heard of any that I can think of that has been 8+ fights.

But the problem is he has faced most of the 205ers in the UFC. But I do get they need some talented LHW's badly.

Personally, the UFC will probably let him stay in Bellator. Maybe they throw an offer slightly higher to what Bellator is paying him now just to make Bellator pay more but not enough to make Bellator say take him.

Davis already finished Gus
Oh no this shit again.

It was a zillion years ago and Gus had barely any grappling skills. Nowadays not even Jones and DC are taking him down.

Said that... Phil and Gus ar buddies so they are not going to fight eachother.

To be fair no one would be talking about him going back to the UFC if he had another typical davis fight. He needed that KO. There is a reason the ufc decided not to resign him, he was basically the LHW version of john fitch.

Ufc tried to resign him they sent an offer but Bellators was better financially.

He left the promotion going 4-2 at the top of the division.He said he chose bellator as a business decision purely money based.

Ufc tried to resign him they sent an offer but Bellators was better financially.

He left the promotion going 4-2 at the top of the division.He said he chose bellator as a business decision purely money based.
I guess I should have said they underballed him which is basically the same thing.

He’s frustrating to watch, as is Bader. They’ll either finish you in the first, or you’re in for 15-25 minutes of sloppy ,tentative kickboxing and lay-n-pray.

Phil Davis usually puts on boring fights (outside of his last headkick KO win) BUT he is a legitimate top 5 LHW.

Phil Davis usually puts on boring fights (outside of his last headkick KO win) BUT he is a legitimate top 5 LHW.

True, he and Bader would have deserved a title shot way more than Oezdemir. The LHW division in the UFC is a mess, I can see why they chose not to offer them big amounts of money, but it takes away from the overall legitimacy of their LHW division. Especially with Jones and Rumble gone. Hell, we didn't even get Bader vs Gus, that's a better fight than most options for Gus right now.

Yeah, all 30 or so of the UFC LHW roster are ranked higher than #4, so they have no room for bums like Davis, right?

:rolleyes:
My opinion has nothing to do with his ranking. Let him shine in bellator. His fights look much better and He is also making more money. I didn't call Davis a bum. He clearly is not. I like having good fighters in Bellator. Is there something wrong with that?

Davis already finished Gus who at the time had the advantage of having more fight experience than Phil.

Back