How many eras where in MMA?

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. Pioneers era : Marco Ruas, Rickson, Ken Shamrock, Royce, Severn, Coleman, Rutten, Funaki, Kerr
2. PRIDE era: Fedor, Cro Cop, Wandy, Vovchanchyn, Rampage , Hunt and the UFC related guys: Lidell
3. UFC era: Anderson, GSP, BJ
4. UFC monopolis era: Jones, Cain, MM, Aldo, Ronda, Lesnar
5. MMA decline era: Conor, Platinum, Sage, Van Zant.....

You are missing

The Frank Shamrock era where guys became self aware and weren't one dimensional.

The Machida Era

And

The McGregor Eire

<Dany07>who cares as long as WMMA finally arrived that's all that mattered In the world

All that and not one mention of the Machida Era. SMH.

The John MCcain smackdown deluxe era.

1. Tough man / Pancrase
2. The Tito/ Sakuraba days, the days when auxillary styles became a fixture.
3. UFC / Pride before the buyout.
4. Post Pride collapse/Mainstream Era
5. USADA Era.

1> Human Cockfighting Era
2> Pride Era
3> Zuffa Era
4> WME Era
5> Bellator Era

1. Pre-Fertidas: The 1990s, where you would see those PPV infomercials along side wrestling and thought man that be cool to watch but your dad ended up ordering the wrestling every time
2. Fertidas: MMA's stigma of being barbaric disappeared and the general public finally accepted MMA as an art form, except some elitists in Hollywood
3. WME: The lines of sport and competition and entertainment and show bizz began to blur.

1) The begining era of style vs style (BJJ won this era).
2) The era where wrestlers learned BJJ and wrestling dominated (Tito/Hughes).
3) Gritty tough guys who knew just enough BJJ to survive but would stand and bang (Forrest Griffen type).
4) The evolution of the athlete who could do it all (GSP).
5) Now it's all cycling back through and starting over with a combination of the good athlete who can do it all but is particularly good in his one demention (Cormier might be the only current champ that is not in this stage and still back at stage 2).

I would characterise someone like Igor more in the pioneers era myself, albeit he remained credibly longer than most.

You could probably cross divide that into the pure style vs style era of the early 90's and the dawn of cross training in the late 90's as well.

I'm getting triggered by the "wHere" in the title and I'm not even a native english speaker.

Back