How many controllers have you broken in anger?

I’ve Hulk smashed a couple of keyboards.

I've broken a couple of nes controllers as a kid, but I don't recall breaking any controlers since the early 90's.

I did however watch a friend of mine throw an awesome video game spaz playing the original Xbox. He grabbed his controller by the cord and smashed it to pieces and did the same with another controller.

He then ejected the game and cracked the disc in half, the he opened up the cases to his other games and cracked those n half too. The next day I went over to his house and he had his Xbox neatley wrapped and ready to ship as he sold it on Amazon :D
giphy.gif

Damn son, I never ever broke a controller. I can get seriously heated but break a controller? That's extreme. Can't imagine getting that mad.

One of my PS4 controllers is busted at one of the handles but probably because I dropped it or something. Never threw one or anything.

My pops broke mortal Kombat 2 - on snes - because I had it in the house and violent games were a no go in my house as a kid. But he snapped that fucker in half.

Oh god... I have broke a lot of stuff in my 30 years of gaming, I remember most of it and what I was playing (usually)

Joysticks:
2x CH flight stick pro (X wing vs Tie Fighter)
Logitech Wingman attack 2 (X wing: Alliance)
Logitech Wingman Attack 3 (SW battlefront)
Nes Quickshot (Final Fantasy, game froze when I had the turbo on buying potions, hadnt saved recently)
Snes Advantage (King Arthurs world)

Controllers:
2x SNES controller (FFII, Super Return of the Jedi)
Logitech Dual Action (Bionic Commando on NES emulator)

Keyboards:
Saitek Eclipse (Black Ops)
Microsoft explorer (Everquest)
Dell keyboard (WoW)
A few other keyboards (UT2K4, other fps)

Other:
2x Rock band Fender Strat
GH3 Gibson Explorer
GHWT Guitar
GH3 Gibson Les Paul

At least a half dozen pairs of headphones, including 2 Sennheisers, and 2 Sony MDR's.

Ive never broke a mouse or an XB/PS controller, and since buying an expensive Mechanical Keyboard, I wouldnt think about touching it in anger.

Also, Im amazed that some of you have broke NES controllers, those things are nigh indestructible.

I didnt know you were german.

Ninja Garden Black was tough. Still never beat the end

fuck, i just realized my gardening skills must be nowhere near where they should be.

i broke about about 10 ps1 controllers... but i also had a huge bag of them that were free/expendable, so it was kind of a joke (this was also in the ps2 era, i was using them on the ps2 at the time). i smashed one legitly and about 9 mostly while goofing off/trolling people. actually, i still have that bag full of controllers... but it now also has a pair of multitaps and some ps2 controllers in there.

fuck, i miss the ps2 era.

Also, Im amazed that some of you have broke NES controllers, those things are nigh indestructible.

i played the nes enough to wear out the pads under the buttons, but never managed to break one.

and my favorite controller smashing moment belongs to a friend... 4 of us were playing perfect dark when a friend suddenly yelled "JESUS GOD SHIT FUCK CHRIST," chucked a n64 controller into the wall, and stormed off. we laughed our asses off. kept playing.

edit: i also smashed a ps3 controller (cracked it, but still "works"), but the reason i was raging at it was that it was basically broken, anyway. kept going haywire due to the ribbon's buffer defect. one of the screws stripped while i was trying to fix it, so it was basically the shitty red-headed stepchild of a controller that would randomly crap out.

Oh god... I have broke a lot of stuff in my 30 years of gaming, I remember most of it and what I was playing (usually)

Joysticks:
2x CH flight stick pro (X wing vs Tie Fighter)
Logitech Wingman attack 2 (X wing: Alliance)
Logitech Wingman Attack 3 (SW battlefront)
Nes Quickshot (Final Fantasy, game froze when I had the turbo on buying potions, hadnt saved recently)
Snes Advantage (King Arthurs world)

Controllers:
2x SNES controller (FFII, Super Return of the Jedi)
Logitech Dual Action (Bionic Commando on NES emulator)

Keyboards:
Saitek Eclipse (Black Ops)
Microsoft explorer (Everquest)
Dell keyboard (WoW)
A few other keyboards (UT2K4, other fps)

Other:
2x Rock band Fender Strat
GH3 Gibson Explorer
GHWT Guitar
GH3 Gibson Les Paul

At least a half dozen pairs of headphones, including 2 Sennheisers, and 2 Sony MDR's.

Ive never broke a mouse or an XB/PS controller, and since buying an expensive Mechanical Keyboard, I wouldnt think about touching it in anger.

<5>

Due to anger: zero

Due to daily wear and tear from game that uses Left analog stick a lot: 3

Alright, I legitimately raged at a game for the first time in ages this morning and ended up breaking a ps4 controller.

Spiked that shit like I just scored the winning touchdown in the Superbowl.
Definitely not proud of that lol.

Up to the point I learned to stop playing racing games,pretty much all of em. Had the same ps4 controller for over a year,2 broke due to wear. And the other one,because the dog mauled it.

None. Broken a router once after getting disconnected in an important clan match back in the COD2 days that's about it.

only one playing with my bro when we were young

we took NBA 2K very seriously

none

smashed the buttons on my fight stick pretty hard plenty of times but its still fine. who would have thought that madcatz of all companies makes such a durable product.

Literally the only game that has ever caused me to rage out and throw my controller is EA UFC 3 online. I don't know what it is about that game, but I lose all self control.

Zero. I would never intentionally damage any of my gaming hardware under any condition.

None however greasy fingers is another story.

None for me, but it's actually become a meme for a guy I follow on Twitch. It's like an emote on his channel and everything. :D

None however greasy fingers is another story.
Oil sweats out of the PS3 thumbgrips if left alone for a few days. Same thing with Best Buy Insignia replacement thumbgrips.

My brother made a hole on the door and almost broke my ankle playing Sensible soccer, no controllers though as far as I can remember

2 N64 controllers, 3 GameCube controllers, 4 Xbox 360 controllers, 2 PS2/3 controllers, and 3 PS4 controllers....

Zero but the GTA 3 SA mini helicopter bullshit got me close.

Back