How Many Are Still Rockin' Last Gen?

HereticBD

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
I've gotta PS4, but I have to be honest here. My PS3/360 see some embarrassingly good play time. I just grabbed "Borderlands 2" on PS3(aware of the Handsome Jack collection), and was surprised to see a decent community still playing it. My last game on PS3 was Dark Souls 2, and it too still had a rather vibrant community.

Not trying to start some "poor people" war, or anything, but just curious. My 360 is mainly a Netflix machine, since I don't have an Xbone, but my PS3 is totally shoulder checking my PS4 as of late in terms of gaming. Anyone else having this experience?

Last edited:
Yes, I have a backlog of games for my ps3 that I plan to go back to. Just lost interest in MGSV, so now there's nothing on ps4 holding my attention.

Borderlands 2 is the shit. Pretty much the reason why my 360 is still hooked up. That MVC 2 and UFC 3.

My 360 is still set up but collecting dust.

There are a couple of old games I've thought about buying for the PS3 but reconfiguring the entertainment system is a pain. I'd love to have both PS3 & 4 set up at the same time but don't really have the space to do it properly.

PS3/Wii/Wii U all hooked up to a TV, and I carry either my 3DS or Vita in my pack every day. But mostly I game on my PC.

No joke, If I ever get back in to video games I have to dig out my PS2. I bought a stack (about 40) of bootleg games for a dollar each back in 2011 and have played none of them. Online college took up all my time and I haven't got back into gaming.

I have a PS4, and do most of my gaming on PC, but I have a ton of PS3 games still to get to and I look forward to them. I still haven't played The Last of Us, and I have Majiin and the Forsaken Kingdom that I really want to play.

This gen has a lot of great games, but last gen was phenomenal and strong. One of the best generations, imo.

Honestly this gen has been mildly disappointing compared to previous gen. But maybe it's because I spent most of my time on mostly one game Destiny so it feels like I didn't get a lot of mileage from it quantity wise?...

I do play a lot of classic NES games on my PC... when I go back I go faaaaarrrr back!

I have an Xbox One and I still go back and play some 360 games. I still have my 360, but I mostly play backwards compatible games if I'm playing a 360 game though.

This gen is really lacking in variety when it comes to sports games though. On the XB1 There's no...

Boxing
MLB (AAA, RBI doesn't count)
Good skateboarding or snowboarding games
Silly arcade style licensed games like street or hits
Tennis
Olympic style game
Niche sports like volleyball powerball

Last edited:
I have an Xbox One and I still go back and play some 360 games. I still have my 360, but In mostly play backwards compatible games if I'm playing a 360 game though.

This gen is really lacking in variety when it comes to sports games though. On the XB1 There's no...

Boxing
Tennis
Olympic style game

I'd really like to know what happened to the Skate franchise. I mean sure, Skate 3 did kind of go in a bit of a stupid direction with it's focus on co-op, but it was still fun. Don't know why they just stopped making them. With Tony Hawk routinely stumbling about, you'd think the market would still be primed for a Skate 4.

I have some PS1 games I need to get to via PS3 download. I need to buy Medievil 2 and I need to finish Crash Team Racing.

Other than that I switched over to the master race after being unimpressed with the next gen consoles.

I have an Xbox One and I still go back and play some 360 games. I still have my 360, but I mostly play backwards compatible games if I'm playing a 360 game though.

Boxing
Tennis
Olympic style game
I'm with you on this list. I really love arcade style sports games moreso than sims, especially when playing locally with friends... but the genre seems all but dead. Would love a revival of NBA Street, MLB The Bigs, NFL Street, etc.

I've been playing NHL 17, and you can adjust the rules/ controls to NHL 94 mode where it's simple arcade controls, no rules/penalties, fast speed, plenty of fighting, big hits, etc. ... so it's pretty much like a modern version of NHL Hitz.

As far as niche sports, there's a good lacrosse game "Casey Powell Lacrosse 16" that I eventually want to purchase, but don't want to pull the trigger for the $50 download. I have the college lacrosse game on the 360 by the same developer which was decent, the new lacrosse game on the X1 looks a ton better and more refined.

I'm with you on this list. I really love arcade style sports games moreso than sims, especially when playing locally with friends... but the genre seems all but dead. Would love a revival of NBA Street, MLB The Bigs, NFL Street, etc.

I've been playing NHL 17, and you can adjust the rules/ controls to NHL 94 mode where it's simple arcade controls, no rules/penalties, fast speed, plenty of fighting, big hits, etc. ... so it's pretty much like a modern version of NHL Hitz.

As far as niche sports, there's a good lacrosse game "Casey Powell Lacrosse 16" that I eventually want to purchase, but don't want to pull the trigger for the $50 download. I have the college lacrosse game on the 360 by the same developer which was decent, the new lacrosse game on the X1 looks a ton better and more refined.

Good call on changing the rules on 16. I like the game with the sim controls too though. That's probably the sports game I play the most.

I still play NHL arcade for my 360 from time to time. It's a fuh couch co op, but the 1 player mode is extreamly limited.

Yeah, I still play my PS3 quite regularly. I didn't purchase it until 2011, though, so I was late into the last gen cycle by then and barely used it at all until 2013. Before that I was almost strictly a PC gamer save for the occasional PS2 game.

Still play my PS3 as much as my PS4 at times

I'm still rocking several gens ago. My NES, SNES, and Genesis have been getting lots of love lately.

My PS3 got the YLOD a few years back, and my 360 is soon shitting the bed. I got a One, but all I basically play on it is Hitman.

I'd really like to know what happened to the Skate franchise. I mean sure, Skate 3 did kind of go in a bit of a stupid direction with it's focus on co-op, but it was still fun. Don't know why they just stopped making them. With Tony Hawk routinely stumbling about, you'd think the market would still be primed for a Skate 4.

You should go to EA's Instagram page, lol.

I have a PS4, PS3, 360, Wii and NES classic all simultaneously hooked up. In the past 6 months I've played all of them except the Wii. Played Doom (2016)
And Xcom 2 on my PS4, Rage on my 360, and Doom 3 BFG edition on my PS3, all since about August.

I don't discriminate. Last gen was fucking great.

Back