How many are prepared for a disaster?

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
In the wake of the recent hurricanes, how prepared are you for a disaster? Here is a list of the things I feel are necessary.
1. Safe place in your home to take shelter in a storm
2. Battery operated lights
3. Battery powered radio
4. Batteries
5. First aid supplies
6. Water
7. Cell phone
8. Back up means to charge cell phone
9. Generator
10. Fuel for generator
11. Food
12. Way to stay warm
13. Way to cook food
14. Place to evacuate to

Lol not at all. The weather is generally gloomy here but overall it's gotta be the most hospitable place on the planet to live.

- no volcanos
-no earthquakes
-no tsunami's
-no hurricanes
-no tornadoes
-no forest fires
-no droughts

Only thing to really worry about is flooding in heavy rain, but i live at the top of a hill so fuck it.

Last edited:
I'm emotionally detached and have lost the will to live. I'm better prepared than most for the coming apocalypse.

I don't have any supplies. We don't really get any major weather events where I lived so I'm not too concerned.

Lol not at all. The weather is generally gloomy here but overall it's gotta be the least hospitable place on the planet to live.

- no volcanos
-no earthquakes
-no tsunami's
-no hurricanes
-no tornadoes
-no forest fires
-no droughts

Only thing to really worry about is flooding in heavy rain, but i live at the top of a hill so fuck it.

Same, I would only have to worry about floods but not really where I live, maybe if I lived a few miles away but not here. The only thing that happens around here other then flooding is maybe Tornado but those never really get close to here more like the states adjacent to us.

not at all. I had diarrhea this morning & was out of toilet paper.

1. I have a basement with a concrete vault under the stairs.
2. I have numerous flashlights in various locations. I also have several rechargeable lights including a hand cranked light.
3. I have a couple of battery powered radios and a hand cranked radio.
4. I keep batteries on a shelf in the door of my refrigerator where I see them often to keep enough stock.
5. I keep a good supply of first aid items and first aid kits in my garage and each vehicle.
6. I normally have bottles full of water in my freezer and I have a well that I can get water out of even without electricity.
7. I have 2 cell phones.
8.I have 3 different cell phone battery/chargers. I have a battery jumper for my
that I can also use for charging.
9. I have a generator that automatically comes on when the power goes out. I also still have a gasoline powered one that I used in the past.
10. I have 800 gallons of propane for the generator. I normally have between 10 and 20 gallons of gasoline as well as what is in my vehicles.
11. I have various types of food, canned and dried that I could survive on for a couple of weeks.
12. I have a vented propane heater that doesn't require electricity. My generator will run my oil fired furnace and I have a 500 gallon tank full of fuel.
13. I have a gas grill connected to my 1,000 gallon propane tank. Either of my generators will run a microwave or my stove as well.
14. I don't have an evacuation site. The types of emergencies I would face here are tornadoes and snowstorms. I'm very elevated above nearby rivers and streams by about 100 feet and on a hill above the surrounding flat land so not concerned about flooding. No hurricanes here so really nothing that would give much advance warning. An evacuation would be after the fact.

I live in Canada, hurricanes gas harder than Shane Carwin if they manage to get this far north

Btw, OP, what are good essentials to keep in your vehicle (first aid kit, etc) ? I will buy these things today!

I have weed and faith so I'm probably gonna drown, but at least I will be high.

I'm prepared for a light breeze

After the Yamma Pit, I've made sure I'm prepared for anything.

i have a shotgun with a ton of shells to steal peoples stuff

especially their cats

and their hungry man dinners

in that order

Same, I would only have to worry about floods but not really where I live, maybe if I lived a few miles away but not here. The only thing that happens around here other then flooding is maybe Tornado but those never really get close to here more like the states adjacent to us.

What remains the third most deadly tornado in U.S. history struck St. Louis, Missouri, on the afternoon of May 27, 1896, nearly 120 years ago.
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/news/month-climate-history-may-27-1896-st-louis-tornado

1. Safe place in your home to take shelter in a storm - No basement, but I could go in the first floor bathroom.
2. Battery operated lights - No
3. Battery powered radio - Yes
4. Batteries - No
5. First aid supplies - No
6. Water - A few bottles
7. Cell phone - Yes
8. Back up means to charge cell phone - Yes
9. Generator - Yes, in my RV parked on my 2nd lot
10. Fuel for generator - Yes
11. Food - Not much
12. Way to stay warm - I guess
13. Way to cook food - Yes
14. Place to evacuate to - IDK

I have water, canned food, flashlights and a .44 lever action old school Winchester that can blow a looters head off.

I'm in good shape for a disaster. I left town with Irma coming but if I had remained I would be doing well today.

Btw, OP, what are good essentials to keep in your vehicle (first aid kit, etc) ? I will buy these things today!

I have a first aid kit, a fire extinguisher and lights. A cell phone is always handy and keep a charger for it in your vehicle.
Harbor Freight has these lights for $3.99 that come with batteries and have a flashing red mode.

https://www.harborfreight.com/emergency-39-led-triangle-worklight-62158.html
If you live in a cold area maybe some blankets or a sleeping bag. I buy the furniture blankets from harbor freight that are about $8. I keep warm clothes and boots in my vehicles in the winter. Something to break a window in case you need to. A can of tire repair like fix a flat and maybe a 12 volt air compressor.

If you live or drive in very low traffic remote areas where you might not be found for days it would be good to have some water or food.

Back