How long until all of are jobs are replaced with apps? How long until Bezos dollars?

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
To not make my angry conspiratorial "they stole our jawbs" rant tl;dr.

I saw a commercial where Quicken Loans is essentially replacing its loan consultants with an app. They will be systematically replaced with an app and customer service line in India.

Restaurants will replace servers with apps. You self-driven Uber will be routed to you via an app. What is your job? Better be prepared to work in a call center until they figure out how to use an app to fix an app.

Our economy and our lives are built on going to places and buying shit. If everything is either purchased online or serviced thru an online app. Will every city look like Brightmoor, Detroit or East Oakland in 10 years?

Amazon's Jeff Bezos is working with other super rich guys to create a healthcare insurance system. So your boss will determine whether or not you can see a doctor. The guy who has ambulances outside of his fulfillment centers instead of providing a.c. is going to show the government how its done. The man who is worth over $100 billion but 60% of his workforce is on or has applied for food stamps. This guy is going to rule us all.

The United Apps of Amazon is coming.

My question is: how can we pay for Prime if we don't have any money? You were fired from the call center because your average handle time was over by one second.

20d3802dc9eacc277ba406758b4e004e.jpg

This is true:
The CIA has access to Amazon's system. It is a symbiotic relationship.

It’s a valid question for sure. I think a lot of relatively high-influence people in the professions like to imagine that automation is a problem for factory workers and that their positions are safe. They couldn’t be more wrong. I can think of few industries more exploitable for automation than law and medical.

We’re starring down the barrel of an enconomic arms race where every firm who survives is going to have to embrace automation to stay ahead of their competition. When this happens across the economy it’s going to mean that even while efficiency and productivity increase, the market will dry up. There are probably political solutions to the problem but those solutions proceed at a pace much slower than the technology. The only way I can see to avoid a total catastrophe is to slow down the process just enough to allow the political solution to assert itself. And the only way I can see to slow it down is to make sure employers are being kept busy with a flourishing economy so that their efforts are directed toward top line activities rather than bottom line penny pinching.

Last edited:
We just end up looking like the characters from Wall-E...

It's all good..

hopefully after i buy some more amazon stock..

Back