How long till Mike Perry gets his first title shot?

He definitely should get a title shot with a win over Lawler...if by some fluke Lawler wins that fight, that would set him back a little, but I think he would rebound and be back in contention within two years...he's only 26 and will only improve...which is a scary thing for his opponents...

Lawler just got ko'd in the first and lost to cowboy in my opinion, he shouldn't deserve a shot after he beats lawler if he beats lawler. Can't just skip the line. Give him Colby Covington, Ponzi, Usman or something.
Somehow i don't think anybody at the UFC really gives a shit that "in your opinion" Lawler lost to Cerrone. He won the fight.
And despite getting KO'd by Tyron over a year ago, he's 7 - 2 in his last 9 fights. 3 consecutive FOTYs. 2 defenses of his title, and wins over:
Cowboy/Condit/Rory/Hendricks/Brown/Ellenberger. GTFO with that "skip the line" shit.

I agree RDA is the tougher fight. now lets not pretend that outside of sherdog Perry is some sort of "big draw". Even lawler is not a big draw.
More importantly what has lawler done to EVER give you the impression that he gives a shit about "interest" or numbers,etc.
Lawler is #1 contender, he's not fighting a guy who's not in the top 15, even if he would, his coaches and management is not gonna do that fight.

RDA vs Lawler is a relevant fight, and would decide a #1 contender for the next shot.
Lawler beating Perry is the equivalent of Cub beating Artem. Fun, but isn't gonna get Cub a title shot.
I was at UFC Pittsburgh and there was a ton of people yelling about Perry and wearing PMP shirts. It's not just sherdog. I saw it in person.

If Lawlers management wants RDA sure go ahead. But fans won't be as interested and there's a far better chance he ends up looking bad. So Perry is the smarter fight from a health and financial perspective. With Lawler already being considered for a title shot, an impressive win over Perry or RDA will move him forward all the same. So go with the bigger, more exciting fight vs. the easier opponent.

Last edited:
2 more ruined lives and he's a contender.

I was at UFC Pittsburgh and there was a ton of people yelling about Perry and wearing PMP shirts. It's not just sherdog. I saw it in person.

If Lawlers management wants RDA sure go ahead. But fans won't be as interested and there's a far better chance he ends up looking bad. Perry is the smarter fight right now. Lawler's already being considered for a title shot, but an impressive win over Perry would guarantee it.
Lawler should man up, everyone understands that the black belt hands of Platinum scares the daylights off him, but facing your fears is part of being a man. He shouldn't take the easy way out and fight Dos Anjos.

If Lawlers management wants RDA sure go ahead. But fans won't be as interested and there's a far better chance he ends up looking bad. So Perry is the smarter fight from a health and financial perspective. Lawler's already being considered for a title shot, so an impressive win over Perry or RDA will guarantee it all the same.
Fan's wont be interested in Robbie vs RDA?? Maybe not the "just bleed" contingent, but that's a MUCH better fight than Perry. Plus, Lawler is 35, he doesn't need to be fighting guys outside the top 15 who want to brawl him. He should be focused on the belt, make some good money before he bows out.
RDA vs Lawler is PPV co-main, vs Perry is a Fox Card main event. no comparison at all financially. Where you're getting the idea that Lawler vs Perry is some "money fight" i'm not sure. but it's not. Perry has a small, hardcore following. Smaller than Lawler's. The risk vs reward is way out of wack. IMO.

When he gets two or three in the top 10 he can get a shot.

Fan's wont be interested in Robbie vs RDA?? Maybe not the "just bleed" contingent, but that's a MUCH better fight than Perry. Plus, Lawler is 35, he doesn't need to be fighting guys outside the top 15 who want to brawl him. He should be focused on the belt, make some good money before he bows out.
RDA vs Lawler is PPV co-main, vs Perry is a Fox Card main event. no comparison at all financially. Where you're getting the idea that Lawler vs Perry is some "money fight" i'm not sure. but it's not. Perry has a small, hardcore following. Smaller than Lawler's. The risk vs reward is way out of wack. IMO.
Well I think Lawler should be focused on the belt too, but I think the best way to get there is to accept the Perry call-out. I'm fine with either that or RDA to be honest though. Anything with Lawler is good.

Well I think Lawler should be focused on the belt too, but I think the best way to get there is to accept the Perry call-out. I'm fine with either that or RDA to be honest though. Anything with Lawler is good.
You're right that if he has crazy war with Perry, or knocks him cold (which i think he would) he might insure the shot. To me Perry is like the original version of lawler at 20. Risk vs reward with Perry doesnt compute to me. unrefined skills, but 1 punch KO power. RDA is a bigger fight, tougher stylistically for Robbie, but RDA cant put him out with one strike. 9/10 Robbie KOs or decisively beat Perry. But not worth the risk to me. Just my opinion.

Somehow i don't think anybody at the UFC really gives a shit that "in your opinion" Lawler lost to Cerrone. He won the fight.
And despite getting KO'd by Tyron over a year ago, he's 7 - 2 in his last 9 fights. 3 consecutive FOTYs. 2 defenses of his title, and wins over:
Cowboy/Condit/Rory/Hendricks/Brown/Ellenberger. GTFO with that "skip the line" shit.
The skip the line shit was referring to perry getting the title shot before Masvidal & also condit won the fight,ellenberger isn't even a notable win anymore,cowboy won the fight "robby" is a judge favorite. I'll give him the rory/hendricks/brown wins though. At the end of the day he got KO'd by the champ just like how i predicted and lost to cowboy therefore a lawler win shouldn't put u in the title shot agenda. Especially since mike perry has ko'd a buncha no names besides a washed up ellenberger.

The skip the line shit was referring to perry getting the title shot before Masvidal & also condit won the fight,ellenberger isn't even a notable win anymore,cowboy won the fight "robby" is a judge favorite. I'll give him the rory/hendricks/brown wins though. At the end of the day he got KO'd by the champ just like how i predicted and lost to cowboy therefore a lawler win shouldn't put u in the title shot agenda. Especially since mike perry has ko'd a buncha no names besides a washed up ellenberger.
you're kind of all over the place here, friend. But yea, Perry need some top 10 wins, then a top 5 win to get a shot. opinions aside, the guys in the running for the next shot are Lawler, RDA and Masvidal maybe if he KOs WB.

Back