How long does it take to get a BJJ black Belt? (hours)

Don't have any. Someone might have recorded one of my matches, but I've never seen any. I wouldn't mind getting one recorded - I've never actually seen myself compete.

Haha, I just just did a google video search for Einarr BJJ. Apparently google knows:
link

^^ I couldn't find your name any where on the page. Google must have noticed that Einarr is never mentioned without Osoto Gari.

Not being a dick. Just wondering if he gets sick doing all that. Doesn't seem like he gives his body any time to recover.

Look, I'm sure you an ok guy, and I understand your curiosity about his possibly overtraining and getting sick.

Mainly, you and I must have very different ideas about what constitutes being a dick:

"I'm calling bullshit or you're geared up."

Food for thought.

I'm sure you guys know someone who shows up to every class but is still terrible.

You never get injured or sick doing this? That is a lot for your CNS to handle. I'm calling bullshit or you're geared up.

I had a similar schedule for two years or so its perfectly possible......but I ended up with a jacked knee,wrecked neck,arthiritis and six months off the mats.

My mistakes were very little sleep,horrible diet and trying to push through injuries constantly.
I would not push so hard again unless I was on the gear or a monk.

I think training optimally with no injuries, good diet and supplement strength and conditioning consistently, without getting injured is superior to training a little bit more.

So training 4-5x a week properly, versus trying to be a zombie and do 7-8.

They don't sell camcorders in Norse land Einarr? Here in America we can take videos with our phones, cameras, tablets, mp3 players, etc.

I guess my main question would be, what constitutes training? Going to class, drilling and rolling light/drilling/positional sparring would allow one to get in many more hours of practice during a week. As opposed to going balls out for 8+ rounds every time you roll.

I'd love to be able to train 15 hours a week, but due to things like a full time job that takes up 45 hours a week, being a father, having a girlfriend, and not being young and able to bounce back like I used to from hard training, it's just not an option. I'm happy to get in 4.5-5 hours a week of BJJ training myself.

I'm a single guy, but i can't train 15 hours a week due to job obligation.

The top competitors at my gym train between 15-20 hours a week, but that's their "job". I'm having a hard time to believe that anybody can train 15 hours a week + regular 8-5 job and be able to sustain that kind of training for a long time.

Assuming bjj is the only grappling training you do or have done, I think 5000 hours is enough to reach blackbelt level.

Thats about 1.5 hrs every day for 10 years, or 3 hrs a day for 5 years

I'm a single guy, but i can't train 15 hours a week due to job obligation.

The top competitors at my gym train between 15-20 hours a week, but that's their "job". I'm having a hard time to believe that anybody can train 15 hours a week + regular 8-5 job and be able to sustain that kind of training for a long time.

You're right about the no job part...It's simple really....there's a couple of guys at the gym where I train who still live at home with their mommy and are in their 20's. One guy works just part time enough to pay the gym fees while the other is just a mooch and basically lives at the academy and struts around like he's the shit.... When my kids sports are hitting full steam and I can't make but 1 night a week he's the first to text about all the cool stuff I missed and who he almost submitted.. gets on my nerves to be honest but hey that's his life.. Mine is with a job,a wife and 2 kids and I wouldn't trade it for any rank

I'd love to be able to train 15 hours a week, but due to things like a full time job that takes up 45 hours a week, being a father, having a girlfriend, and not being young and able to bounce back like I used to from hard training, it's just not an option. I'm happy to get in 4.5-5 hours a week of BJJ training myself.

For sure. I got two jobs, two kids and of-course wife. It's a 70 mile round trip to my club so only manage one two hour class per week, which tbh is enough for me combined with other training/hobbies etc.

I probably have 2500-3000 hours. I'm a purple belt.
that's really impressive, I have been training BJJ for nearly 6 years I am a purple belt with only 1840 hours of training.
So white belt one year and 4 months 515 hours
blue belt for 3 years and 3 months for 972 hours et purple belt for now 14 months with 357 hours.

I cannot believe people actually fall for that stuff: count the hours etc. Lol

I cannot believe people actually fall for that stuff: count the hours etc. Lol

What exactly are people "falling for?"

Keeping track of your hours, setting goals, measuring progress - these are all proven methods to accelerate improvement, learn more quickly, and get closer to your full potential.

Who wants to get better? Don't fall for that trick!

Back