How long do you think Margarito was loading his gloves?

Prez, why did Margarito get suspended then? Not coming at you, but I've seen you defend him before and I'm just wondering that, if what you say is true, how could a disciplinary case be made? Even if Naazim was full of shit, they wouldn't have suspended him just because of a rumor. I'll keep an open mind on this, I'd just like to hear the counter evidence. I do agree, that the picture Cotto used in the Face Off wasn't very convincing.

He got suspended because his team broke the rules, the gauze was wet and looked suspicious. What you should be asking your self is that if Margarito beat Cotto to a pulp with bricks in his hands, why didn't they pursue a criminal conviction?

But that's not the same as having plaster blocks in his gloves. If it was a plaster compound on the wraps, how does that harden during the fight? Plaster of paris doesn't work like that. When Luis Resto was using this stuff, he had to submerge his fucking hands in plaster. Sprinkling some 'white compound' on to a piece of wet gauze is not going to make plaster casts around your hands.

He was right to be suspended, but I find this idea that his success throughout the years was to do with plaster casts under his gloves ridiculous and acting like there is evidence of plaster is dishonest. They found traces of calcium and sulphur, stuff that's found in generic hand cream and sweat.

ok. This sounds right. I recall there being a big investigation and all this shit.

+ You are correct. Margs has never denied that the wraps weren't loaded. Only that there was a mistake

Wrong.

Please learn what 'loaded gloves' means.

He didn't deny that he broke the rules, he certainly never at any point admitted that he had plaster or anything remotely similar in his gloves.

sooooo. Margaritos manager who was there also says something fell out....

timestamped for ya.

Yep.

Gauze fell out.

Gauze is included in every hand wrap. The question is over whether this gauze was legit. This is what I mean, it's a mixture of misinformation and people not understanding the hand wrap process.

So where is the evidence?

You said he had plaster in his gloves, now you're telling me he had wet hand wraps, which one is it? Plaster blocks falling out of someones wraps is a bit different than wet gauze falling out, don't you think?

You are incorrect about what his team said, they admitted fault in that the gauze was not legal (the gauze is what is rolled up to make the padding that goes with the wraps). They did not at any point suggest the gloves were loaded, some of you really need to understand what kind of allegation you are making when you said plaster blocks and loaded gloves.

Having gauze that is not considered legal because it was wet, does not equal plaster blocks. There is no possible way those wraps could have turned to plaster over the course of the fight. They've done an experiment on this, it failed, it can't be done.

Please explain to me how that wet wrap turns into plaster, seeing as you clearly think that Magrarito was punching with plaster casts and THEN parading them around the ring shaking peoples hands.
the evidence is in the discoveries of the department of justice and athletic commission. i'm not basing my statements on what naazim richardson said, i'm basing it on what the official institutions had to say about it.

he had wet hand wraps which were confirmed to contain a substance similar to plaster of paris. that was stated in the links i provided in the post you quoted. what more do you want from me, other than to quote you the discoveries of DoJ and AC? do i need video evidence of margarito soaking his fucking hands in glue and glass? this is ridiculous. the motherfucker was caught, with witnesses, his shit was confiscated and sent to the lab, the lab confirmed it contained plaster, he got suspended, when he reapplied for a licence a year later he was denied. this isn't a slip up, "woops i wrapped over the knuckles 3 times when i should've done 4". this is serious shit and they fucking knew it, and acted accordingly.

sure, they didn't admit to loaded gloves, i'm fine with that. but they didn't deny having fucked up his wraps: their entire defense was based on margarito asking everyone "what was that? what was that thing in my wraps?" he got off because the coach took the blame and the AC concluded he didn't know about it, which is absolute fucking horseshit.

you can believe whatever the hell you want. but to get all butt hurt and call everyone uneducated because you believe the dirty fuck is quite rich.

hanging on the term "loading the gloves" as if it wasn't used as a blanket statement for any fiddling is childish. no one is saying he had a horseshoe in his glove. we're saying he cheated, very effectively, and it wasn't the first time he did it. it was just the first time he got caught.

Back