how little cain velasquez fights

The price you pay when you are the baddest mo'fo' out there shit will brake on you going hard in training like a 250 lbs man.
Cain is the only HW I can think of that has been as consistently injured as he is with so few fights.
Most guys only go through the kind of injures he continually goes through after 30+ fights.

This happens to other athletes in other sports, like say Rob Gronkowski, who is very talented but hurt all the damned time.
He's hurt all the time because he parties 24/7, not keeping his body in peak condition like many of the greats before him.

I don't think Cain parties but I bet he isn't dieting right or something. There's something there for him to be injured all the time, we just don't know what it is.

His career is so thin with fights the only thing I remember now is the “Sea Level” Cain we saw last.

This.

Even during his last fight at UFC200, which he finished in one round, I could tell he was only at 80%.

Think about that, after July 2nd of this year, he'd only have fought ONE ROUND in the last three years.

Prime Cain Velasquez is a thing of the past. Even if he does return, after all the surgeries, ring rust, age, and the evolution of the sport he's missed out on - he'll be a shadow of his former self.

He should be considered semi/practically retired.

that's what YOU think, but you're wrong. there's guys who can beat Cain without having to be ranked. i'm sorry to tell you, Cain isn't a robot. he's just a human, and they make mistakes, and you fight enough you will make mistakes and in HW division you pay for your mistakes with your consciousness.

that's how it works. you can't fight the way Cain does all the time and stay undefeated, even in his prime. he's too aggressive and he has shitty striking defense, eventually he's going to walk into a big one and at HW it's not that hard to get hit by one.

Yea it's the HW division any mistake could be the end of the night even vs an inferior fighter.

But I'll take my chances with Cain in that type of hypothetical scenario.

Then again reality is harsh he has been out for some time and his age is going up of course and he had some serious surgery so let's first see how he looks, hoping for the best but until we see it it's just that hope.

The trilogy between Cain and jds was great for fans but ended the prime phases in both Cain’s and JDS’ careers. Neither of them have truly looked like themselves since.

Cain is the only HW I can think of that has been as consistently injured as he is with so few fights.
Most guys only go through the kind of injures he continually goes through after 30+ fights.

This happens to other athletes in other sports, like say Rob Gronkowski, who is very talented but hurt all the damned time.
He's hurt all the time because he parties 24/7, not keeping his body in peak condition like many of the greats before him.

I don't think Cain parties but I bet he isn't dieting right or something. There's something there for him to be injured all the time, we just don't know what it is.

HW wrestling is no joke especially for someone doing it that intense like him with his constant chain wrestling style and full on pace and cardio,

I'm not familiar enough with NFL but I do know a tad of this Rob dude and he is known for his partying just as much as his game.

Cain carries extra fat on him.. yea in an ideal world he would be on a diet and could make that LHW cut but what can you do, his own lifestyle and choices.

9JOf1nv.gif

how many of these threads are going to be made

Curtis Blaydes WAS an unranked guy, and he WAS top 15-20 at one point. that's MY POINT.

you're acting like all the top 15-20 guys are shitty guys who proved they couldn't make it to the top.

you're wrong, there are top 15-20 guys who just hadn't gotten the chance to blow yet. like Curtis Blaydes, like Francis Ngannou 3 years ago. you think anyone would pick Ngannou over Overeem 3-4 years ago? nobody even knew who the fuck Ngannou was, but it doesn't change the fact that he could have just as EASILY beaten Overeem when nobody knew him. he didn't all of a sudden learn how to box once he became a top 5 HW, HE ALWAYS KNEW HOW TO BOX. so, theoretically speaking, HE COULD'VE BEATEN OVEREEM AS AN UNRANKED HW.

the problem is, NOBODY is going to give unranked HWs or lower tier HWs a chance.

Those guys were ranked just not top 10

Cain needs time to cycle off and on his sea level supps

Cain was protected by Zuffa
WME-IMG doesn't give a fuck about selectively handpicking Cain's opponents for an easy matchup.

...give Cain the same ranked guys Cowboy got and see how many can he dish out in a year.

C'mon, dude. You actually have to show up to your job to fight "many" ranked guys in a year, and we are talking about Cain here, are we not? Even when he was healthy he only managed to fight the same two opponents over the span of nearly five years. One of which of course being Bigfoot while the other was someone tailor-made for his style, haha.

Frankly it's nice he's become irrelevant to the title picture.

C'mon, dude. You actually have to show up to your job to fight "many" ranked guys in a year, and we are talking about Cain here, are we not? Even when he was healthy he only managed to fight the same two opponents over the span of nearly five years. One of which of course being Bigfoot while the other was someone tailor-made for his style, haha.

Frankly it's nice he's become irrelevant to the title picture.

Let's see how irrelevant he is in a few months. :D

i just find it so interesting why people still believe in Cain like he's ever going to be the GOAT or even has a chance? his career is coming to an end, it's not restarting.

people still believe in Cain who's best win was 5 years ago against JDS. they still think this guy is going to terrorize the HW division for years to come when in reality, we already have a guy DOING JUST THAT named Stipe Miocic who is already more accomplished than Cain but people act like he's not special? or that DC is about to smother him like he's Rumble Johnson?

it's funny how people can't see right in front of their face there is a true PROVEN HW monster, but they want to believe in this guy who is always injured and who barely fights anyone in the top 10, or really who barely fights AT ALL.

the way people talk about Cain, that's how they should be talking about Stipe.

WTF, dude has had rotten luck with injuries, but he is still one of the best HW's of all time.

What makes him one of the best ever?
I was a huge fan, but sadly his resume is anything but spectacular.

His only good wins are JDS, Big Foot and Browne. And beating those fighters today, doesn’t mean anything.
Too few fights, not enough wins. He’s just an ordinary HW at this point. Not even close to top 5 all time.

Quality>quantity

Let me guess, CroCop has a better resume.

of course he has a better resume. CAIN HAS BEATEN ONE GREAT FIGHTER JDS. if you want to count Big Nog when he was already half a fuckin zombie, whatever. but TWO WINS?

Mirko FOUGHT more of the current top HWs than Cain has, think about that for a minute.

Mirko has fought Mir, Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt, Barnett, Fedor, Big Nog, JDS, Overeem.

who has Cain fought? JDS. and 1-6 Travis Browne. that's it. all the other guys he's fought aren't even top fighters anymore.

half of Cain's record is 2 guys named JDS and Bigfoot and the other half are truck drivers with a sparse sprinkling of Rothwell and Kongo in there.

what QUALITY is there? all the other guys who are considered legendary HWs have fought more than 2 guys who are top fighters. they also didn't baby'd by a promotion to be their golden child.

Most everybody is over Cain Velasquez

Plus he wasn't a good champ, in fact more boring than Stipe. At least Sipe can joke around, Cain just stands there with this blank look on his face and it is like torture for him to utter a few words

Dude seems mental or some shit as well. Splits Bigfoot's head open and lays on him like he enjoys the smell of blood and pulverizes a half dead JDS when he could've just saved time and effort by getting a sub.. Cain is strange one and I've always got the creeps by him tbh

I wonder how he even has money anymore. Last fight was vs. Travis, and unless he's incredibly frugal with his money, I'm sure he probably is in need of more to pay his bills and stuff like that

Anyways, he was more for Mexicans and Latino fans and not so much for anyone else. I don't care really, but he wasn't "our" guy, from this American fan's pov. So whatever, not gonna be crossing my fingers for his uncertain return.

Well he is still considered by many the best HW in the UFC and for good reason so yea him getting a W and like a multiple champion in that division he should get that belt shot faster then normal.

I also not a fan of that ridiculous line "2 guys over and over" well what exactly would you have done it differently if you were the UFC at that time ? deny the JDS trilogy ? or deny BigFoot that just knocked out Reem ? you didn't really had much options there so yea we got to see those rematches.

Conor sells big so he gets this opportunities based on that, he just stepped up at LW while Aldo had been trying that for years... he just got stripped and pulled a stunted that gets 99.9% of the rooster cut yet he has a tittle shot on the table as soon as he wants or can come back.

Then you have this all not fighting wrestlers unless you get them on days notice.

Cain doesn't say no to any fighter, they just put the highest ranked guy available and it's a go.. like most champions should do.

you don't get the point i'm making. it's not HE'S EXACTLY LIKE CONOR. it's that he got his way the same way Conor got his way.

they let him sit out for years and come back straight into a title shot vs Werdum. he gets his ass handed to him on a silver platter by a 40 yr old fighting where Cain is supposed to have an advantage. HE THEN GETS AN IMMEDIATE REMATCH, lucky for us glass Cain breaks so we don't have to see that again.

yes, deny the JDS trilogy. why did they have JDS coming off a loss, fight Mark Hunt who was on a FOUR FIGHT WIN STREAK? why didn't they just give Cain Mark Hunt? yeah exactly, because they wanted JDS to fight Cain again to seal Cain's credibility.

WHY DO YOU THINK DANA WAS SO ANGRY AT CAIN FOR GETTING KO'D? not because it was 40 secs, it's because HE WANTED CAIN TO WIN.

you don't get the point i'm making. it's not HE'S EXACTLY LIKE CONOR. it's that he got his way the same way Conor got his way.

they let him sit out for years and come back straight into a title shot vs Werdum. he gets his ass handed to him on a silver platter by a 40 yr old fighting where Cain is supposed to have an advantage. HE THEN GETS AN IMMEDIATE REMATCH, lucky for us glass Cain breaks so we don't have to see that again.

yes, deny the JDS trilogy. why did they have JDS coming off a loss, fight Mark Hunt who was on a FOUR FIGHT WIN STREAK? why didn't they just give Cain Mark Hunt? yeah exactly, because they wanted JDS to fight Cain again to seal Cain's credibility.

WHY DO YOU THINK DANA WAS SO ANGRY AT CAIN FOR GETTING KO'D? not because it was 40 secs, it's because HE WANTED CAIN TO WIN.

Well he was holding the tittle and needed it to defend it and was out for being injured, what Werdum had was just something they needed to be able to have an event and to put some pressure on Cain to come back asap. (some events are contracted that they need a tittle bout in the card)

Dana was mad on Cain because it was hyped up to be like this killer HW bout and it was a minute of nothing fallow by a big right hand and some little GnP and they hyped the shit out of it for their first big Fox event they didn't even put up a proper fight card just that fight as the main event and they even had freaking Brock and Joe Rogan in a suit. :D

Back