how little cain velasquez fights

WTF, dude has had rotten luck with injuries, but he is still one of the best HW's of all time.

why? because he beat up Brock Lesnar and JDS?

everyone else in the HW GOAT discussion has a ridiculous amount of fights compared to him.

Stipe had gotten into the UFC a whole 3 years after Cain and has already fought more of the top guys than Cain has, EVER.

i love how everyone plays it off like injuries kept Cain from becoming the greatest HW ever. like he was destined to win everything.

i got news for you, the injuries kept him from winning fights, but it also kept him from losing them too.

the guy is one of the most overrated fighters in MMA history. he's basically beaten ONE great fighter in JDS and because of how one sided his fights are everyone thinks he'd do that to everyone.

everyone gives Conor shit about being protected by the UFC and given the right match ups, but so was Cain. if you think i'm lying, then why is Cain ALWAYS ONE fight away from a title shot? it doesn't matter if he gets knocked out or thoroughly destroyed in the country of his ancestry. he either gets immediate rematches or fights some guy he already beat or who sucks and then is up for another title shot.

let him start from the bottom and work his way back up like everyone else and see how great he looks.

Last edited:
One cares about his career the other doesn't.. just paychecks and 'fun'.

Now compare what it means to fight for a tittle or top 5 guys constantly not be a fringe journeyman for the most part of it.

Big fights with a lot of stake count far more then your random top 15-20 guy or even unranked... most of the time Cowboy tried his luck with higher ranked guys he took a loss.

But most will not even know the difference, they count fights the same... they aren't... give Cain the same ranked guys Cowboy got and see how many can he dish out in a year.

he'd most likely lose to someone if he fought as many times as Cowboy does.

fights are fights. whether it's for the title or if it's not for the title, it doesn't matter.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has gone on record saying his hardest fight ever was against journeyman Emmanuel Augustus who's record is 38-34. the greatest boxer of our generation has said that his hardest fight was against a guy who is barely above a club fighter.

styles make fights and if you only fight JDS and Bigfoot for 4 years, guess what? you only see 2 styles.

everyone else in the HW GOAT discussion has a ridiculous amount of fights compared to him.

Stipe had gotten into the UFC a whole 3 years after Cain and has already fought more of the top guys than Cain has, EVER.

i love how everyone plays it off like injuries kept Cain from becoming the greatest HW ever. like he was destined to win everything.

i got news for you, the injuries kept him from winning fights, but it also kept him from losing them too.

the guy is one of the most overrated fighters in MMA history. he's basically beaten ONE great fighter in JDS and because of how one sided his fights are everyone thinks he'd do that to everyone.

everyone gives Conor shit about being protected by the UFC and given the right match ups, but so was Cain. if you think i'm lying, then why is Cain ALWAYS ONE fight away from a title shot? it doesn't matter if he gets knocked out or thoroughly destroyed in the country of his ancestry. he either gets immediate rematches or fights some guy he already beat or who sucks and then is up for another title shot.

let him start from the bottom and work is way back up like everyone else and see how great he looks.

Cain has two more title defenses than Conor has..............ever.

I got news for YOU, the injuries kept him from fighting, what kept Conor from fighting?......for close to two years.

You say Cain is overrated then use Conor as an example for comparison. "let him start from the bottom and work is way back up like everyone else and see how great he looks"

he'd most likely lose to someone if he fought as many times as Cowboy does.

fights are fights. whether it's for the title or if it's not for the title, it doesn't matter.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has gone on record saying his hardest fight ever was against journeyman Emmanuel Augustus who's record is 38-34. the greatest boxer of our generation has said that his hardest fight was against a guy who is barely above a club fighter.

styles make fights and if you only fight JDS and Bigfoot for 4 years, guess what? you only see 2 styles.

Cain vs top 15-20 and unranked guys.. yea that will be murder.

The price you pay when you are the baddest mo'fo' out there shit will brake on you going hard in training like a 250 lbs man.

Still hoping we get him on that July card then if everything comes together then end of the year fight vs Stipe.

Yeah it's ridiculous. And from 2011 to 2014, he only fought JDS and Bigfoot repeatedly. Its a joke when people rank him as an all time great. His career is a waste.

He's a great but I don't think he's a top 5 HW all time.

Cain vs top 15-20 and unranked guys.. yea that will be murder.

The price you pay when you are the baddest mo'fo' out there shit will brake on you going hard in training like a 250 lbs man.

Still hoping we get him on that July card then if everything comes together then end of the year fight vs Stipe.

you say it's murder, but you don't know. that's the great thing about fighting, sometimes those guys who aren't ranked, IN REALITY, are the best, they just haven't gotten to prove it yet.

rankings don't mean shit in fighting sorry to say, all it is is a number on a paper next to your name.

IN REALITY, there's lots of lower level guys who could give Cain problems, but i see you aren't unbiased with your opinion.

if you don't think someone like Curtis Blaydes could potentially beat Cain, then you're not really a fan of the sport, you're just a fan of Cain.

Cain has two more title defenses than Conor has..............ever.

I got news for YOU, the injuries kept him from fighting, what kept Conor from fighting?......for close to two years.

You say Cain is overrated then use Conor as an example for comparison. "let him start from the bottom and work is way back up like everyone else and see how great he looks"

i'm not a Conor fan, so i attacking him makes no difference to me. my comparison to Conor is, that everyone shits on Conor for being protected, but Cain was protected just as much as Conor and YET everyone acts like Cain is a beast and no one speaks of how he never has to start from the bottom even after getting dominated and destroyed in his title fights that he lost.

so to bring up all this other stuff about Conor, you're just deflecting from my actual point.

Cain was protected just as much as Conor was. answer my 1 question, WHY IS CAIN ALWAYS 1 FIGHT AWAY FROM A TITLE SHOT NO MATTER WHAT?

you say it's murder, but you don't know. that's the great thing about fighting, sometimes those guys who aren't ranked, IN REALITY, are the best, they just haven't gotten to prove it yet.

rankings don't mean shit in fighting sorry to say, all it is is a number on a paper next to your name.

IN REALITY, there's lots of lower level guys who could give Cain problems, but i see you aren't unbiased with your opinion.

if you don't think someone like Curtis Blaydes could potentially beat Cain, then you're not really a fan of the sport, you're just a fan of Cain.

Isn't Curtis a top 5 guy ? I'm talking about them unranked cats and top 15-20 guys I don't see freaking Albini defeating Cain.

This is what Cowboy is doing basically, he stopped sparring and just takes up fights for paychecks, as many as he can or the UFC would let him.. sometimes he wins sometimes he loses and the higher up he goes on that ladder the more of a punching bag he becomes, I think he managed 2-3 wins that are worth something in the top rankings at that time.

No problem if others prefer this approach, to each his own let them do their own things but when we have this kind of topic then yea I show the differences one is still consider the best HW in the UFC (I know Stipe is closing in fast) while the other never hold a belt.

donald cerrone started fighting in 2006 same year as cain and has 44 fights so far

cain has 16 with 14 wins and 2 losses

mike perry started fighting in 2014 (not even 6 full years) and already has 14 fights with his 15th fight scheduled for early july. Mike perry is likely to fight at least 2x more time this year. Probably a november or december fight. Meaning he will end year with 15 fights while cain might come back and sign up for 1 fight bumping his total to 17 fights !

17 possible fights in 12 years of fighting! there so many more examples. Point is that cain hardly ever fights
Yeah, it’s too bad Cain doesn’t fight more. Injuries suck.

But he’s accomplished more and earned more money than all of those guys that you mentioned, combined. I’m sure he wouldn’t trade his career for any of theirs.

Isn't Curtis a top 5 guy ? I'm talking about them unranked cats and top 15-20 guys I don't see freaking Albini defeating Cain.

This is what Cowboy is doing basically, he stopped sparring and just takes up fights for paychecks, as many as he can or the UFC would let him.. sometimes he wins sometimes he loses and the higher up he goes on that ladder the more of a punching bag he becomes, I think he managed 2-3 wins that are worth something in the top rankings at that time.

No problem if others prefer this approach, to each his own let them do their own things but when we have this kind of topic then yea I show the differences one is still consider the best HW in the UFC (I know Stipe is closing in fast) while the other never hold a belt.

Curtis Blaydes WAS an unranked guy, and he WAS top 15-20 at one point. that's MY POINT.

you're acting like all the top 15-20 guys are shitty guys who proved they couldn't make it to the top.

you're wrong, there are top 15-20 guys who just hadn't gotten the chance to blow yet. like Curtis Blaydes, like Francis Ngannou 3 years ago. you think anyone would pick Ngannou over Overeem 3-4 years ago? nobody even knew who the fuck Ngannou was, but it doesn't change the fact that he could have just as EASILY beaten Overeem when nobody knew him. he didn't all of a sudden learn how to box once he became a top 5 HW, HE ALWAYS KNEW HOW TO BOX. so, theoretically speaking, HE COULD'VE BEATEN OVEREEM AS AN UNRANKED HW.

the problem is, NOBODY is going to give unranked HWs or lower tier HWs a chance.

i'm not a Conor fan, so i attacking him makes no difference to me. my comparison to Conor is, that everyone shits on Conor for being protected, but Cain was protected just as much as Conor and YET everyone acts like Cain is a beast and no one speaks of how he never has to start from the bottom even after getting dominated and destroyed in his title fights that he lost.

so to bring up all this other stuff about Conor, you're just deflecting from my actual point.

Cain was protected just as much as Conor was. answer my 1 question, WHY IS CAIN ALWAYS 1 FIGHT AWAY FROM A TITLE SHOT NO MATTER WHAT?

Dude please read again what you just wrote.

Conor is ready to go he just chose not to for 500+ days... do you see the difference ? one can't go cause he isn't medically cleared the other just doesn't want to.

I thought this was a dissertation about how a midget Cain fights, my mistake.

Curtis Blaydes WAS an unranked guy, and he WAS top 15-20 at one point. that's MY POINT.

you're acting like all the top 15-20 guys are shitty guys who proved they couldn't make it to the top.

you're wrong, there are top 15-20 guys who just hadn't gotten the chance to blow yet. like Curtis Blaydes, like Francis Ngannou 3 years ago. you think anyone would pick Ngannou over Overeem 3-4 years ago? nobody even knew who the fuck Ngannou was, but it doesn't change the fact that he could have just as EASILY beaten Overeem when nobody knew him. he didn't all of a sudden learn how to box once he became a top 5 HW, HE ALWAYS KNEW HOW TO BOX. so, theoretically speaking, HE COULD'VE BEATEN OVEREEM AS AN UNRANKED HW.

the problem is, NOBODY is going to give unranked HWs or lower tier HWs a chance.

Do you also understand that fighters get old and lose their shine while the younger guys get better at it hence a top 20 guy becomes better.

Curtis from 3 years ago ain't the Curtis that we see vs Reem in a few months, in fact I think Curtis beats Francis in a rematch.

So no they aren't the same guys like before they got better from a-z they earned that spot up while the other in front stagnated or even lost a step.

You just stamp your seal of approval from the get go ? okay so by that logic is Albini a top guy ? in 2 years we see him in top 5 ? or how do you pick them without them fighting and improving.

Dude please read again what you just wrote.

Conor is ready to go he just chose not to for 500+ days... do you see the difference ? one can't go cause he isn't medically cleared the other just doesn't want to.

you read what i wrote. im not talking about why he's not fighting, i'm talking about how Conor was protected by giving him chances that other fighters don't get. like how he was able to get favorable match ups.

Cain is very similar in that they had him fight 2 guys for 4 years and every time he lost his belt he was either given an immediate rematch or was 1 fight away from another title shot. do you not SEE how ridiculous that is?

Yeah it's ridiculous. And from 2011 to 2014, he only fought JDS and Bigfoot repeatedly. Its a joke when people rank him as an all time great. His career is a waste.

I hate it because his style is so cool. He is a better version of DC in my opinion. But how DC does against Stipe will say a lot

Do you also understand that fighters get old and lose their shine while the younger guys get better at it hence a top 20 guy becomes better.

Curtis from 3 years ago ain't the Curtis that we see vs Reem in a few months, in fact I think Curtis beats Francis in a rematch.

So no they aren't the same guys like before they got better from a-z they earned that spot up while the other in front stagnated or even lost a step.

You just stamp your seal of approval from the get go ? okay so by that logic is Albini a top guy ? in 2 years we see him in top 5 ? or how do you pick them without them fighting and improving.

that's what YOU think, but you're wrong. there's guys who can beat Cain without having to be ranked. i'm sorry to tell you, Cain isn't a robot. he's just a human, and they make mistakes, and you fight enough you will make mistakes and in HW division you pay for your mistakes with your consciousness.

that's how it works. you can't fight the way Cain does all the time and stay undefeated, even in his prime. he's too aggressive and he has shitty striking defense, eventually he's going to walk into a big one and at HW it's not that hard to get hit by one.

Damn Mike, that one was a keeper.

Truth is all girls are like that if they think you are hot and like you enough.
I have a strange feeling they are reintroducing Cain via TUF to set up a Brock vs Cain, or Stipe vs Cain.

Yes I know he trains at AKA, but I still think this is a way to “reintroduce” him to the casuals. Think about it, most Connor fan boys who started watching MMA in the last few years prob don’t know much about him.

Brock needs to fight new blood. I doubt the UFC wants to see him lose to the same guy again who also is injury plague and rarely fight. If brock is to lose better he lose to Jon Jones, stipe or someone like ngannou.

and the sad thing is people here call him the HW goat

let him start from the bottom and work his way back up like everyone else and see how great he looks.

Quality>quantity

Let me guess, CroCop has a better resume.

you read what i wrote. im not talking about why he's not fighting, i'm talking about how Conor was protected by giving him chances that other fighters don't get. like how he was able to get favorable match ups.

Cain is very similar in that they had him fight 2 guys for 4 years and every time he lost his belt he was either given an immediate rematch or was 1 fight away from another title shot. do you not SEE how ridiculous that is?

Well he is still considered by many the best HW in the UFC and for good reason so yea him getting a W and like a multiple champion in that division he should get that belt shot faster then normal.

I also not a fan of that ridiculous line "2 guys over and over" well what exactly would you have done it differently if you were the UFC at that time ? deny the JDS trilogy ? or deny BigFoot that just knocked out Reem ? you didn't really had much options there so yea we got to see those rematches.

Conor sells big so he gets this opportunities based on that, he just stepped up at LW while Aldo had been trying that for years... he just got stripped and pulled a stunted that gets 99.9% of the rooster cut yet he has a tittle shot on the table as soon as he wants or can come back.

Then you have this all not fighting wrestlers unless you get them on days notice.

Cain doesn't say no to any fighter, they just put the highest ranked guy available and it's a go.. like most champions should do.

Back