How likeable is Khalil?

Yeah they're boring. I've been fast-forwarding a lot this season.

No he's not saying it now, but he got picked to come back after that one guy decided his neck pain was too bad to fight with. But he has to fight the other LHW from his team that's still in the competition.

There were four guys they could've brought back, and he was chosen. His reaction? He was MAD. He was mad he got to come back into the comp and fight again because he had to fight a teammate. He threw a tantrum over it.

It was very clear that he has a much bigger problem fighting people he knows than basically any other fighter. This episode totally proved what I said many weeks ago about him throwing that fight.

Ahhh right. Gotcha. Well, it really doesn't. Unless 'proves' means something completely different to you than it does to me, and probably everyone else. I think all that this proves is that he's not happy to fight a team mate. That's a very different thing than proving he threw a fight. No fighter is happy to fight a team mate and all would be upset about it. But there is literally nothing that proves he threw an earlier fight from that reaction though. They don't even have a connection. It's two unrelated, separate and distinct events that don't prove anything by themselves.

He didnt admit to throwing the fight did he? Well, that's really not calling anything then is it? All fighters would have a problem having to fight their team mates. Most flat out refuse. Nothing got proven, nothing got 'called' and you're just saying you're right simply because he's not happy to be fighting another team mate. Literally proves nothing and that doesn't mean you called anything. No fighters are happy to fight a team mate and many don't do it at all.

That doesn't prove he threw the fight though. He's just upset that he has to fight another team mate. That's all. Don't overanalyse it mate. That's a mighty great leap you're making to supposedly prove something. I wouldn't want to go to court with your 'proof'.

I have to say though, I'm interested as to how you came to the conclusion you 'called' something from a completely different fight, based on him being upset he has to fight another team mate if he wants his second chance? There is no correlation between the two, and from what you described above, it's two different situations that have nothing to do with each other.

Why would you assume you called something based on this? Seems like you're reaching in order to prove you're right. "I am right and random situations that have nothing to do with each other prove that I am right, because I am just right!"

Anyway, like I said, I still havent seen it yet so I have no idea. But, I would assume that they'd actually need to fight first in order for your theory to have any basis in reality rather than him simply being upset he has to fight a team mate, which is a perfectly natural reaction for anyone. All that proves is that he's not happy to fight a team mate. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
He's one of the fighters I've liked the least in TUF history.

First of all, he threw that fucking fight against his teammate. Didn't have the guts to get the KO, so he let the guy win. Oh and he makes that speech afterward, UGH. That speech was something you ONLY say after you throw a fucking fight. Doesn't take Daniel Negraneau to make that read.

That was absolutely fucking disgraceful. Look how he let his team down, who now are what, 0-6? 0-7? Let himself down, his family, his coaches. If he didn't throw that fight, Joanna's team would control the matchups. Maybe it'd make no difference, but Claudia was giving each of Khalil's teammates the toughest possible matchup for them. By throwing that fight like a dickhead, he made it harder for his teammates to advance. So he can bake all the cakes in the world; fuck that guy.

He should be fucking ashamed of himself. Joanna was right -- her team is a bunch of mentally weak pussies who don't have what it takes to be fighters, and Khalil is probably the worst of the bunch.

BTW I lost my dad when I was 7, so take it from me, bawling over it at age 30-something when he died when you were 2 isn't cute and sweet. It's weird.

Holy hell, this is some 1st tier cheeto fingers shit right there.

Anyway, its impossible for Sherdoggers to have a positive view on something. Its %100 proven in this thread.

I like the guy. And I don't think he threw the fight at all just because he said he wouldn't foot stomp the guy? So what? Go back and watch Arlovski v. Jake O'Brien. Jake was coming off some type of neck injury and Rogan is going ape shit as to why Arlovski isn't attacking the neck when he knew the guy would probably tap quick if a choke was applied but AA didn't go after it. If Khalil won nobody would think that stupid shit.

Ahhh right. Gotcha. Well, it really doesn't. Unless 'proves' means something completely different to you than it does to me, and probably everyone else. I think all that this proves is that he's not happy to fight a team mate. That's a very different thing than proving he threw a fight. No fighter is happy to fight a team mate and all would be upset about it. But there is literally nothing that proves he threw an earlier fight from that reaction though. They don't even have a connection. It's two unrelated, separate and distinct events that don't prove anything by themselves.

He didnt admit to throwing the fight did he? Well, that's really not calling anything then is it? All fighters would have a problem having to fight their team mates. Most flat out refuse. Nothing got proven, nothing got 'called' and you're just saying you're right simply because he's not happy to be fighting another team mate. Literally proves nothing and that doesn't mean you called anything. No fighters are happy to fight a team mate and many don't do it at all.

That doesn't prove he threw the fight though. He's just upset that he has to fight another team mate. That's all. Don't overanalyse it mate. That's a mighty great leap you're making to supposedly prove something. I wouldn't want to go to court with your 'proof'.

I have to say though, I'm interested as to how you came to the conclusion you 'called' something from a completely different fight, based on him being upset he has to fight another team mate if he wants his second chance? There is no correlation between the two, and from what you described above, it's two different situations that have nothing to do with each other.

Why would you assume you called something based on this? Seems like you're reaching in order to prove you're right. "I am right and random situations that have nothing to do with each other prove that I am right, because I am just right!"

Anyway, like I said, I still havent seen it yet so I have no idea. But, I would assume that they'd actually need to fight first in order for your theory to have any basis in reality rather than him simply being upset he has to fight a team mate, which is a perfectly natural reaction for anyone. All that proves is that he's not happy to fight a team mate. Nothing more, nothing less.
hehe dude you said the same thing about 40 times in this post

anyway, yeah maybe you should actually watch the episode.

what I called is that he landed some big shots on his friend, and then stopped firing. I've been watching combat sports for quite a long time and I'm a pretty astute guy. I have a good eye for the psychological elements of the game -- who chokes, who quits, who's feeling comfortable or uncomfortable in the stand up, on the ground

you need to remember some guys on this forum have a lot of expertise. How many other threads do you see me in, saying some seemingly outlandish thing about a fighter quitting/throwing a fight so vehemently? Just this once, right? Yeah. I'm not talking out of my ass. I saw very clearly, with well over a decade and thousands and thousands of fights to work on, I saw very clearly that he became extremely uncomfortable after landing those big shots and he stopped trying to win from that point. I also saw very clearly that he doesn't even try to defend the choke.

If you're curious, which it seems you are, please re-watch where Cory (that's his name, right?) gets the choke in the fight in question. He's a partial and edited clip of it, at 37 seconds in. It's not as illustrative as the real thing, but maybe you'll finally see it:

Notice two things: first, Khalil isn't trying to control the free hand. One hand is "pulling" (I use that world loosely here -- no pun) on the arm that's under his neck, which is ridiculous, and look how easily his other arm is controlled by Cory! I mean you can plainly see that Khalil is offering NO RESISTANCE to this choke at all. See it now?

Then he has that speech afterward and I forget what he said, but it was a "thou dost protest too much" moment for sure. Saying stuff about how Cory proved something to him and how he grew from the loss and will be stronger for it. It was the kind of speech someone who let a fight go would make.

Now on to the last episode, he gets this opportunity and is literally upset, which is an odd reaction to good news to say the least. He's talking about how hard it is to fight a teammate, and more tellingly, he says "I know the mistake I made last time, I won't do it again, even though we're teammates, I'm going to win."

So you know what? I take back what I said before -- he DID admit it to throwing the last fight. That is an admission right there. He doesn't go into detail about what the mistake was, but he does strongly imply the mistake had to do with his mental state fighting a teammate.

As a martial arts fan, I'm not here to see this guy's personal spiritual journey. I expect to see good, hard fights. And I'm certainly not going to look up to a guy who let his teammates down bigtime by fighting dishonorably, so that's why I personally think this is a big deal and something that needs to be said.

hehe dude you said the same thing about 40 times in this post

anyway, yeah maybe you should actually watch the episode.

what I called is that he landed some big shots on his friend, and then stopped firing. I've been watching combat sports for quite a long time and I'm a pretty astute guy. I have a good eye for the psychological elements of the game -- who chokes, who quits, who's feeling comfortable or uncomfortable in the stand up, on the ground

you need to remember some guys on this forum have a lot of expertise. How many other threads do you see me in, saying some seemingly outlandish thing about a fighter quitting/throwing a fight so vehemently? Just this once, right? Yeah. I'm not talking out of my ass. I saw very clearly, with well over a decade and thousands and thousands of fights to work on, I saw very clearly that he became extremely uncomfortable after landing those big shots and he stopped trying to win from that point. I also saw very clearly that he doesn't even try to defend the choke.

If you're curious, which it seems you are, please re-watch where Cory (that's his name, right?) gets the choke in the fight in question. He's a partial and edited clip of it, at 37 seconds in. It's not as illustrative as the real thing, but maybe you'll finally see it:

Notice two things: first, Khalil isn't trying to control the free hand. One hand is "pulling" (I use that world loosely here -- no pun) on the arm that's under his neck, which is ridiculous, and look how easily his other arm is controlled by Cory! I mean you can plainly see that Khalil is offering NO RESISTANCE to this choke at all. See it now?

Then he has that speech afterward and I forget what he said, but it was a "thou dost protest too much" moment for sure. Saying stuff about how Cory proved something to him and how he grew from the loss and will be stronger for it. It was the kind of speech someone who let a fight go would make.

Now on to the last episode, he gets this opportunity and is literally upset, which is an odd reaction to good news to say the least. He's talking about how hard it is to fight a teammate, and more tellingly, he says "I know the mistake I made last time, I won't do it again, even though we're teammates, I'm going to win."

So you know what? I take back what I said before -- he DID admit it to throwing the last fight. That is an admission right there. He doesn't go into detail about what the mistake was, but he does strongly imply the mistake had to do with his mental state fighting a teammate.

As a martial arts fan, I'm not here to see this guy's personal spiritual journey. I expect to see good, hard fights. And I'm certainly not going to look up to a guy who let his teammates down bigtime by fighting dishonorably, so that's why I personally think this is a big deal and something that needs to be said.

Urgh, it was like 4am and I was completely out of it. That's my excuse anyway. As to your 'internet forum expertise', well, ok. I really don't know what to say to a weird claim like that frankly.

Do I counter with something like "I've also been watching fighting since I was a little tyke, grew up in a family of fighters and have trained since I was a kid"? Seems a bit knobbish. Your 'expertise', or not, will come through in what you post. If you need to tell people you have great expertise for them to agree with you, because it's not coming through in what you actually say, then it's likely you might have a heightened sense of your grandiose fighting mind.

The thing is, I've seen only a couple of fights of Khalil's now. Frankly, he didn't seem like the he was the mentally toughest guy to me from the little I saw. Not weak, but just not blessed with a true fighters will. I'm not going to assume he deliberately threw a fight because we don't have enough background to go on. I think it would be wrong to jump to such a harsh, full on conclusion based on one fight of his. Maybe he's just flawed. That's a much more likely conclusion than deliberately throwing a fight. If he proves himself a warrior without mental flaw from here on out, then I might start leaning toward what you say. However, one thing I've seen over the many decades of training, fighting, analysing and watching (see, I can do it too! You better believe what I say now! ;)) is that amateur guys are much more likely to mentally give up, not consciously throw a fight, but just not have the mental strength to push through a tough spot, and fade. That's why they're amateur level and not good pro.

That's my basis on seeing one fight of his and his mental make up outside the ring. Jumping to such a big conclusion based on one fight against a team mate is just too much of a leap in my experience because I've seen this type of thing happen a million times and it's not from throwing a fight. He's probably just not good/experienced enough to deal with a situation and so lost it. Analysing technique as you were above is a whole different debate, and frankly it leans much more toward what I've been saying. He is flawed, missing lots of small little things and it lost him the fight. From my view, his technique, the way he fought, what he did and how he reacted to Cory not giving up but getting stronger wasn't him throwing the fight, but just not being good/tough enough to buck up and pull through. He's just not that good.

It's really not a complicated thing. Very, very common. Anyway, don't take offense cause it's not meant but I'm a bit bored with this now. It is what it is and overanalysing it won't change anything, nor will getting into an overly long argument about who's expertise must be believed hehe. You think he threw a fight and I think he just wasn't good enough to take the win.

Man, I'm still knackered from lack of sleep.

Last edited:
Urgh, it was like 4am and I was completely out of it. That's my excuse anyway. As to your 'internet forum expertise', well, ok. I really don't know what to say to a weird claim like that frankly.

Do I counter with something like "I've also been watching fighting since I was a little tyke, grew up in a family of fighters and have trained since I was a kid"? Seems a bit knobbish. Your 'expertise', or not, will come through in what you post. If you need to tell people you have great expertise for them to agree with you, because it's not coming through in what you actually say, then it's likely you might have a heightened sense of your grandiose fighting mind.

The thing is, I've seen only a couple of fights of Khalil's now. Frankly, he didn't seem like the he was the mentally toughest guy to me from the little I saw. Not weak, but just not blessed with a true fighters will. I'm not going to assume he deliberately threw a fight because we don't have enough background to go on. I think it would be wrong to jump to such a harsh, full on conclusion based on one fight of his. Maybe he's just flawed. That's a much more likely conclusion than deliberately throwing a fight. If he proves himself a warrior without mental flaw from here on out, then I might start leaning toward what you say. However, one thing I've seen over the many decades of training, fighting, analysing and watching (see, I can do it too! You better believe what I say now! ;)) is that amateur guys are much more likely to mentally give up, not consciously throw a fight, but just not have the mental strength to push through a tough spot, and fade. That's why they're amateur level and not good pro.

That's my basis on seeing one fight of his and his mental make up outside the ring. Jumping to such a big conclusion based on one fight against a team mate is just too much of a leap in my experience because I've seen this type of thing happen a million times and it's not from throwing a fight. He's probably just not good/experienced enough to deal with a situation and so lost it.

It's really not a complicated thing. Very, very common. Anyway, don't take offense cause it's not meant but I'm a bit bored with this now. It is what it is and overanalysing it won't change anything, nor will getting into an overly long argument about who's expertise must be believed hehe. You think he threw a fight and I think he just wasn't good enough to take the win.

Man, I'm still knackered from lack of sleep.
Yeah I agree with all that, get some rest. FWIW the only reason I mentioned being frankly pretty damn knowledgeable about fighting is because you did have a tendency to (at least it seemed to me) write off what I was saying as completely insane, or irrational on some level. So I felt the need to vouch for myself. Anyway this isn't the type of thing you can really "prove," so we'll agree to disagree on whether it was the usual mental break we see pretty often, or something particular to fighting this guy where he let the other guy win because of personal feelings.

Yeah I agree with all that, get some rest. FWIW the only reason I mentioned being frankly pretty damn knowledgeable about fighting is because you did have a tendency to (at least it seemed to me) write off what I was saying as completely insane, or irrational on some level. So I felt the need to vouch for myself. Anyway this isn't the type of thing you can really "prove," so we'll agree to disagree on whether it was the usual mental break we see pretty often, or something particular to fighting this guy where he let the other guy win because of personal feelings.

Yep, if he somehow manages to pull off a freak comeback and win the whole thing, we'll see what his mental make up is more clearly in the UFC and whether this was a one off 'give it away' for a team mate type thing or that he's just not good/tough enough. Can't see him beating Sanchez either way though.

Cheers bud.

I'd rather hang out with Leben.

I'd rather hang out with Leben.

Gotte go with Brookins over Leben then

3bf7e74f88f9142b77b017cb41f357d3.jpg

Brookins won't rip you out of bed demanding Koschek

But I guess where's the fun in that

Back