How legit is Takeru??

I don't have such a list but i could list 30 kickvoxers i think are better than Takeru.

What makes Takeru better than let's say Yasuhiro Kido, Minoru Kimura, Yasuomi Soda, Yuta Kubo etc apart from that he fights in a weaker division? Those guys have proven themselves against better competition while Takeru hasn't
Those guys all came up in the same development program didn't they? I'm not prepared to write off the lower weights to that extent because they haven't had the same chances to prove themselves. Though I do agree that they are generally less talented than the 65-70kg guys.

He is a classic "talk shit" but "can back it up" fighter with really exciting style. He also got big heart like in his last fight when he got spinning kicked to the nuts but kept on fighting until he got a kay-o.
His division is really thin and he has not fought many notable fighters esp. in his last few fights.
Man your AV reminds me of the good old times...

Those guys all came up in the same development program didn't they? I'm not prepared to write off the lower weights to that extent because they haven't had the same chances to prove themselves. Though I do agree that they are generally less talented than the 65-70kg guys.
Ya I'm just not seeing this big disparity in competition that is being cited. It's not like Takeru is putting on can crushing displays in every fight, I'm seeing plenty of push back and guys finding some success at moments against him but he has the ability to push forward and find a dramatic finish.

Ya I'm just not seeing this big disparity in competition that is being cited. It's not like Takeru is putting on can crushing displays in every fight, I'm seeing plenty of push back and guys finding some success at moments against him but he has the ability to push forward and find a dramatic finish.
I'm not saying there is a huge disparity between the skill level of those guys, it's easier to assess the skill level of guys that proved themselvelves against better competition. Takeru may be higher or lowel level than those guys but people are easily affected by hype and think of fighters higher because of it. Takerus heart and chin impresses me but his timing, distance control and precision doesn't seem to be extraordinary.

What makes Takeru better than let's say Yasuhiro Kido, Minoru Kimura, Yasuomi Soda

If you seriously think Takeru is worse than Yasuomi Soda, Kido and Kimura you have a screwed view about japanese kickboxing.

The discussion is about him being a p4p top 10 fighter which is debateable, not if he is above those fighters mentioned.

You can't really argue around Takeru, Koya and Noiri not being the best kickboxers in Japan right now with a wide margin behind them.

If you seriously think Takeru is worse than Yasuomi Soda, Kido and Kimura you have a screwed view about japanese kickboxing.

The discussion is about him being a p4p top 10 fighter which is debateable, not if he is above those fighters mentioned.

You can't really argue around Takeru, Koya and Noiri not being the best kickboxers in Japan right now with a wide margin behind them.
Sure he might be better than those, but based on what? I do not necessarily think those guys are better than Takeru, i simply picked them on purpose because most people rank them below Takeru, although those guys have better wins on their record. Yes the discussion is about him being a P4P fighter but if he is comparable to the guys i mentioned he is not near top P4P level. Maybe i was a bit unfair but... i'd put Tenshin, Noiri, Ren and Koya ahead of Takeru without a doubt. That pretty much concludes he is not near top P4P level

Well on his career he beat an
-Nobuchika Terado(one of the best 55kg kickboxers of all time, legendary fighter)

-Kanbe Shota(a tough experienced guy),

-Taiga Twice being one by KO(One of the best guys who fought on this weight,Having Victories over Hirotaka 2x,Koji,Javier Hernandez, Shota Takyia(a good Krush 55kg champ, Nobuchika Terado and especially a victory over Koya Urabe)

- Shota Takiya (Former Krush Champ)

- Charles Bongiovanni(looked a good fighter)

- Kaito Ozawa(Former Krush 58kg champion,big mouth but a good kickboxer with a good resume)

- Wang Juangjuang(GoH 57kg tournament champ and 1x runner up)

- Stauros Exakoustidis

-Goshu( Krush 60kg Champion)

-Kosuke Komyama( former Rise champ,good number of notable victories)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah,Takeru isnt a P4P, but has beat some good names,now that he is on 60kg,there will be way more notable fighters to face if he still on this weight

Anyways he always delivers,i dont consider him a kickboxing god like some twitter dudes but he is pretty good...

I'm not saying there is a huge disparity between the skill level of those guys, it's easier to assess the skill level of guys that proved themselvelves against better competition. Takeru may be higher or lowel level than those guys but people are easily affected by hype and think of fighters higher because of it. Takerus heart and chin impresses me but his timing, distance control and precision doesn't seem to be extraordinary.
I can care less about hype and have been watching this sport long enough to tell the difference between a hype job and a quality fighter. I don't see why it's so hard to acknowledge Takeru as being a quality fighter. People get so butthurt when a fighter gets attention in this sport. Isn't that exactly what the sport needs? Just because Takeru is being pushed doesn't mean its all complete smoke and mirrors...

I can care less about hype and have been watching this sport long enough to tell the difference between a hype job and a quality fighter. I don't see why it's so hard to acknowledge Takeru as being a quality fighter. People get so butthurt when a fighter gets attention in this sport. Isn't that exactly what the sport needs? Just because Takeru is being pushed doesn't mean its all complete smoke and mirrors...
I'm not butt hurt and i don't see where your post contradicts mine

I've seen a few of his fights, but i get the feeling he's being protected matchmaking-wise.

Where does everyone reckon he ranks on the world stage in current pound for pound listings as far as accomplishments?

Who can beat him at his weight class under K-1 rules?
TJ Dillashaw beat him up. So idk, I'd say he's not cream of the crop, despite his spectacular KOs.

TJ Dillashaw beat him up. So idk, I'd say he's not cream of the crop, despite his spectacular KOs.

but TJ has neo footwork, that was not even fair. TJ is hors-concours when it comes to striking ability.

Back