How legit is Kit Dale

Pontigoose

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I really like Kit Dale. I think he's a great character for our sport. His videos are hilarious, and I enjoy watching his matches. I'm curious though, how good is he? I can't find much information about his competitive background? Has he placed the pans or the worlds? Any information would help quench my curiosity. Thanks guys.

Kit isn't one of the 5(or probably 10) best guys in his division but he's quite good. He won the Abu Dhabi Pro a few times(including i believe at brown belt) and had some very close matches with Keenan and the Miyao's and other top notch guys(though many of those ended with losses).

Edit: he also went white to black in like 4 years and I'm pretty sure he'd have a much more impressive resume if he'd spent multiple years at purple/brown like most guys seem to do

He's definitely legit, just hasn't been in the medal running at the really big competitions.

He competed mostly in Australia. I understand he is making a move to the USA for training and also compete.

hes legit and tries cool stuff in contests

He's pretty much BS. I think he'd get schooled on the open circuit. IBJJF and World Pro Cup limit who you can face and restrict the attacks that you can use. Thats why he was so stunned when he met Tonon. Quit the sport after that.

He has not quit after metamoris. He just did another no limit gig in uk and he is now in Australia doing a bunch of seminars and another online streaming no time limit gig.
I understand his green card is now all sorted and he is going back to live in the USA.
He made the move is he could get better training partner and cheaper access to bjj comp .

He primarily a gi competitor.

Maybe the big fish in the small pond like Australia.

Only time will tell how he will fare once he settle in the USA comps circuit.

Last I heard he was focused on his acting career.

He's pretty much BS. I think he'd get schooled on the open circuit. IBJJF and World Pro Cup limit who you can face and restrict the attacks that you can use. Thats why he was so stunned when he met Tonon. Quit the sport after that.

I was going to argue that losing to Tonon doesn't make your belt BS but you lost to Gary and your belt is bullshit so who knows

That's what I saw him post as well. He's still gonna train, but just for fun. Always being the bridesmaid must have gotten old.
I did resonate with his "no drilling" stance, mainly because he really meant that one should focus on concepts rather than disparate moves; macro instead of micro.

I was going to argue that losing to Tonon doesn't make your belt BS but you lost to Gary and your belt is bullshit so who knows

It's not about losing, but about how he lost. He lost without fighting back. He basically got hunted down.

As for my belt, that's a really easy claim to make over the internet. People usually see it differently in person.

As for my belt, that's a really easy claim to make over the internet. People usually see it differently in person.

Didn't you get outed on reddit for giving yourself a black belt?

Kit isn't one of the 5(or probably 10) best guys in his division but he's quite good. He won the Abu Dhabi Pro a few times(including i believe at brown belt) and had some very close matches with Keenan and the Miyao's and other top notch guys(though many of those ended with losses).

He did have some good matches against the top guys at brown, but he lost to Brosche at the World Pro.

It's not about losing, but about how he lost. He lost without fighting back. He basically got hunted down.

What's the deal with going onto a forum to slag off Kit Dale and making out he has no heart? Would you look good fighting Tonon?

You heard wrong. He's still training and doing seminars! Got a big fight coming up soon. Typical keyboard warrior you are calling people BS when you never even rolled with them.

What's the deal with going onto a forum to slag off Kit Dale and making out he has no heart? Would you look good fighting Tonon?

I would like to see this guy (Jordan Tabor) against Tonon.

I would like to see this guy (Jordan Tabor) against Tonon.

Jbmf7WK.jpg%3Cbr

[YT]h5k9FPEm4p8[/YT]

It's an incredibly easy claim to make that is factually based by your own words on the UG.

You gave yourself a black belt.

Everyone busted your balls about it and your nonsensical rambling you vomited out in the hopes of justifying it to everyone only made you look worse.

Are you a good grappler? Of course.

But the fact still remains you PROMOTED YOURSELF WHEN YOU TIED A BLACK BELT AROUND YOUR WAIST and then waited until you found someone who would "sign off" on your belt.

Kit Dale is known for getting a legit black belt in four years. You're known for promoting yourself and always will be known for promoting yourself.

Jokes on you buddy lol

he got hunted down because tonnon is a lot better than him. i'm quite certain you would look equally clueless against gary.

I've never heard of anyone that promoted himself to blackbelt that I felt sympathy for. With that, for an acomplished grappler that have a fallout with his instructor or whatever, and then promotes himself and holds his own at the blackbelt divisions - I don't have a problem with it. Its ballsy enough. Seems to me that it was a technical problem, 1st degree black belt cant promote to blackbelt, so not that big of a deal that he promoted himself.

The way he calls out Kit Dale seems douchey thou.

Back