How Josh Emmett KO'ed Ricardo Lamas - Fight Breakdown

lol people are seriously giving emmett shit for missing weight? it was fucking SHORT NOTICE.

and fuck all you dorks who didn't even know who emmett was, or were acting like you didn't know.

i told you guys emmett was good and he fucking knocked lamas DEAD, great win.
He's so good he lost to green the fight before lmfao. Let the dork come in overweight again, scumbag.

Isn't throwing them at the right time part of the setup?

The way this video talks about "setup" it seems to be referring to throwing other strikes or else it wouldn't make much sense.

The fight came down to Lamas getting hustled a bit, making a mistake and getting KOed, not automatically that he was throwing lowkicks by themselves.

He's so good he lost to green the fight before lmfao. Let the dork come in overweight again, scumbag.
i didn't say he was gonna be fuckin champ, just said he was good.

and he's too small at LW, he's thick but too short.

and again, it was a SHORT NOTICE FIGHT.

Didn't you know, 2.5lbs gives you the power of Mike Tyson over your weight class.

Also, hilarious to people blaming Lamas lost on short notice while disregarding that Emmett fought on short notice and didn't even have a proper camp to get in shape.

Lamas got knocked dead because he left his chin sitting on a silver platter. I wish people would just look at how dumb that baby kick was lol.

Posting your breakdown vid on Sherdog to get views? Not clicking on that shit.

He threw a shitty combo with a leg kick while in the pocket and got ko'd because he dropped his hands. The end.

If you can't make the weight dont take the short notice fight, no excuses.

How'd he do it? How did the other thousand fighters who won the exact same way do it? Where am I? Who are we?

Guys in here talking about it was only a few lbs more, come on. The fact that Emmett couldn't make weight is a sign of how truly big he is naturally at the moment. Its very likely that he ballooned up on fight night & had a hell of a lot more weight advantage over Lamas when they fought on top of what he already had. Lamas shouldn't have taken the fight after he missed.

Last edited:
If you can't make the weight dont take the short notice fight, no excuses.
yeah emmett had such an advantage trying to cut all that weight on short notice, not having a camp etc etc.

lamas got some of emmett's purse, and we still got to see a fight because emmett stepped up.

emmett didn't win because he missed weight, why are you so salty about his win? are you even a lamas fan?

yeah emmett had such an advantage trying to cut all that weight on short notice, not having a camp etc etc.

lamas got some of emmett's purse, and we still got to see a fight because emmett stepped up.

emmett didn't win because he missed weight, why are you so salty about his win? are you even a lamas fan?
I don't care about Lama at all, it's just a dick move.

And i may have laid down some money on Lamas.<Prem974>

To be honest Ricardo beat Oliveira who was 9 or 10 pounds overweight in Mexico and choked him out. He was probably confident that he will beat an overweight guy again.

Llamas has suspect chin anyway - remember how Mendes destroyed him.
But Emmet should be made to move up.

Lead up to this fight Lamas kept saying he wanted the finish he wanted the finish and again he wanted the finish.

He stuck in the pocket and got beat to the punch against a heavy handed guy.

He’s 0-3 against TAM fighters now (Mendes, Castillo, Emmett).

Fighters who miss weight aren't eligible for bonuses

Cheers.
yXprGKj.gif

Yeah I've noticed Lamas throws kicks like that for a while. It's okay if you're far out, but throwing it that close with your hands down is a bad idea.

Back