How Josh Emmett KO'ed Ricardo Lamas - Fight Breakdown

Fuck Emmet, coming in overweight like that and then taunting in the cage against the guy who still took the fight.

It's sickening to see a KO like that when there is controversy at the scale.

Looked like he punched him to me.

I was thinking about this after the fight.

Does Lamas get 20% of his win bonus too? or does it come from his base pay solely?

Fuck Emmet, coming in overweight like that and then taunting in the cage against the guy who still took the fight.

Gtfo, man. Lamas got almost 1/3 of Emmett's pay. So he has nothing to complain about.

Especially because he got ktfo by the better fighter.

Not much to "break down" here, lowkicks do not always need to be setup if there timed well, most of those Lamas threw were timed well until one wasn't and he was countered and KOed.

I was thinking about this after the fight.

Does Lamas get 20% of his win bonus too? or does it come from his base pay solely?
Fighters who miss weight aren't eligible for bonuses

He punched him on the jaw really really hard that's how

This is a prime example of why people don't always like to take late replacement fights or when someone misses weight. Lamas dealt with both and is now dealing with the consequences.

Really great fight. Hindsight is 20/20. Actually feel Lamas was doing good with the kicks, and when you throw the right kick you traditional swing the right arm to get the whip of the kick. He kept his left hand up as you should, but he got unlucky.

Emmet seemed MUCH bigger too. I get the sense Lamas felt his weight and strength and tried to play the hit and run game. Might have worked if he had the chance to drag Emmet into deep waters. The weight cut might have effected his cardio.

Emmet's good though. Needs to get his weight under control.

Not much to "break down" here, lowkicks do not always need to be setup if there timed well, most of those Lamas threw were timed well until one wasn't and he was countered and KOed.

Isn't throwing them at the right time part of the setup?

Emmett will be on The MMA Hour today (scheduled for around 3:00pmET)

Gtfo, man. Lamas got almost 1/3 of Emmett's pay. So he has nothing to complain about.

Especially because he got ktfo by the better fighter.

The better fighter? Just because a fighter wins vs. another fighter does not make them the better fighter. I have a hard time seeing Emmett beating Bermudez, Oliveira, Swanson, etc. and I certainly don't see Lamas losing to Green.

lol people are seriously giving emmett shit for missing weight? it was fucking SHORT NOTICE.

and fuck all you dorks who didn't even know who emmett was, or were acting like you didn't know.

i told you guys emmett was good and he fucking knocked lamas DEAD, great win.

Back