How is this legal?

In one of their review, there is a worker who is referred to as a "Bald pervert who looks at women's breast while asking them if they want extra meat on their orders"

Are you that bald pervert?

fucking lol

So there is a middle eastern café place in downtown called Aladdin's café and while the name Aladdin is historically in the folklores, the café places uses Aladdin character from the Disney on their shop. Isn't that like illegal?

View attachment 359311
Dry snitching ass hoe!

latest

Is the proprietor of that establishment "strong as ten regular men?" If so, he should be able to keep the Aladdin character imo.

You not notice my AV, snitch bitch? I'm an ass man, and you're projecting. Embrace your sexual deviance, own it.

tenor.gif

TS...I am disapoint.

Guys the owners are super rude and have the same look as them fellas in that taken movie. I don't understand why you guys have such a raging hard on for them unless they make magical donair which I will try tomorrow!

The story of Aladdin was around for hundreds, if not thousands of years before Disney. If the image used is not an exact copy of a Disney image, there is no problem.

The story of Aladdin was around for hundreds, if not thousands of years before Disney. If the image used is not an exact copy of a Disney image, there is no problem.

Thanks ralph

Not so. With a highly recognizable image being used in a for profit manner, a small modification doesn't get you around copyright.

It's not like I could put a little Hitler 'stache on Ronald McDonald and legally use him to sell condoms.

If it were satirical it would be okay.
If it were for personal use, no one would know or care.

The way this place is using it, it is a simple case. Clear violation. Disney is notoriously aggressive defending their copyrights, so I'm surprised it hasn't been painted over already.

Whether it is legal or not is dependant on whether or not they have been granted permission to use the property. It's not likely, but it's not something that anyone here can answer.

Back