How is this Judokas able to take down a wrestler under these rules?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Granted the Judoka did have his on, but shouldn't no gi on the opponent favour the wrestler more than it does the Judoka? Do they even train no gi grappling in Judo clubs?

Was the Judoka a freak of nature(certainly looked like one). He made it look easy

Also what if he faced a Greco roman, who are beasts at takedowns,unlike freestylers.. Would the outcome have been different?

Also what if he faced a Greco roman, who are beasts at takedowns,unlike freestylers.. Would the outcome have been different?
Ummmmm............Thats not the difference between freestyle and greco. Freestyle allows every takedown greco does. The leg attack rules are different.

Ummmmm............Thats not the difference between freestyle and greco. Freestyle allows every takedown greco does. The leg attack rules are different.

It makes Greco Roman guys more specialized=far superior throws, and upperbody wrestling.

My guess would just be as simple as the judoka was a better grappler???

Also, I don't get the point of these matches? How is the wrestler suppose to win on soft ground? He can slam the judoka all day, he can't finish him off with a throw unless it's on concrete. How the fuck is he going to win even in theory??

It looked to me like the person in the singlet did a poorly timed shoulder throw attempt, which is also very common in Judo. That was also the only takedown attempt of the match. Didn't look like much of a takedown from the Judo person other than taking advantage of a bad takedown attempt by the person in the singlet.

It looked to me like the person in the singlet did a poorly timed shoulder throw attempt, which is also very common in Judo. That was also the only takedown attempt of the match. Didn't look like much of a takedown from the Judo person other than taking advantage of a bad takedown attempt by the person in the singlet.

Again, how is a wrestler supposed to win under these conditions? He doesn't know submissions and the floor is soft. He's fucked

Where to begin?

Your first mistake is the facile presumption that competitors in any given sport are a monolithic block, such that any self-described example from any given background are equally interchangable with any other.

Next is the simple fact of credulously taking a freakshow exhibition seriously in the first place.

Then of course the casual ignorance displayed in a poorly formed hypothetical...

In light of such errors in reasoning, over all one can't help but get the sense of being one of those 'questions' that are not really questions at all. Rather, lead-ins for the chronically disingenuous or passive-aggressive to field what preconceptions they were already convinced of ahead of time.

In some ways it's an impressive and unusual phenomena, how you manage to be so consistent in how, no matter what sort of statement on the subject of grappling you've made heretofore it's managed to come out as something insulting, obstreperous, or obtuse on some level.

Last edited:
Another shitty troll thread from Spacetime.

I fed the troll.............................Sorry.

Rassler clearly listened to too much Bjork before the match. Made him too nice.

HOW are MY questions trolling?

Butthurt wrestlers in here or what? Just answer the fucking questions or don't.

Don't see the trolling in here... There's no secret that good judokas out-grapple wrestlers most of the times.

Don't see the trolling in here... There's no secret that good judokas out-grapple wrestlers most of the times.

I have heard this from wrestlers themselves, that Judokas have their money in the clinch, no matter what conditions

...so the only stand up grappling in the match was one failed upperbody throw. Then the Judoka held mount for a while, then somehow the wrestler got back control, then the wrestler loses back control and gets subbed.

I don't know what this is meant to portray other than be careful doing sacrifice throws when subs are involved? There's literally nothing else to extrapolate.

Back