How is the UFC Gdansk Fight Night card stacking up?

@Late Starter @DVH

I've bought the tickets!!!

tenor.gif

Will i be able to see well from here? (actually I've never been on any sport even in such a type of place so don't know what to expect):

View attachment 264939

Well if the fighters are not known it doesn't necessarily means that it's gonna be low quality event. Look at the previous 114 - on paper worst event of the year so far. And it delivered. For 115 i dunno why people are complaining but i see incoming fireworks. It will be all ok with this one too (or maybe i'm just naive :)

Great news! Those seats will be just fine, we're actually in the tier behind on the opposite side. The blocks ahead of you are floor level I think so you should have a pretty unrestricted view.

I really hope you have a great experience. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Ps, we're here..... I kinda wish we'd spent more and got the next tier down but, looking at the arena, they should all have a pretty good view.

The Manchester Arena is twice the size and our view there from similar seats was still great.2017-08-22 00.25.01.png

I know ranking wise it doesn't make sense but how about Held vs. Do Bronx?

I know ranking wise it doesn't make sense but how about Held vs. Do Bronx?

Are they not competing in different weight classes? Held looks very likely to feature but personally, from a British perspective, I'd like to see him matched with Marc Diakese ideally.

Are they not competing in different weight classes? Held looks very likely to feature but personally, from a British perspective, I'd like to see him matched with Marc Diakese ideally.

Olivera fought at 155 in his last fight

Marcin Held vs. Teemu Packalen added to UFC Gdansk.

I just hope the Poland card will be btter than the Rotterdam card (Struve vs. Volkov) next month, but I'm not expecting much haha!
they are trying to save all the known fighters for PPVs; which makes sense in a way. But it could negatively effect how much they get when the Fox deal needs to be renewed.

they are trying to save all the known fighters for PPVs; which makes sense in a way. But it could negatively effect how much they get when the Fox deal needs to be renewed.

Nick Hein pulled out of his fight at Rotterdam as well today. UFC are apparently looking for a replacement.

And Holbrook vs. Gouti probably isn't happening either at Rotterdam. That card is getting torn to shreds man.

Marcin Held vs. Teemu Packalen added to UFC Gdansk.

I knew both of these guys were gonna be on the card but have to say I'm a little disappointed with this matchup.

Partly because I was hoping Marc Diakese might get Held but mainly because they've now announced (I think) seven fights but nothing yet (other than Lobov-Fili perhaps) resembling a main card fight. Meanwhile, a series of fun fights has been announced for US-based FN cards which are occurring later.

If they don't find good opponents for Karolina ano Siver (who are both rumoured to be involved) and a strong main event, I'll feel a little let down.

It could also test the patience of their loyal European fanbase.

I knew both of these guys were gonna be on the card but have to say I'm a little disappointed with this matchup.

Partly because I was hoping Marc Diakese might get Held but mainly because they've now announced (I think) seven fights but nothing yet (other than Lobov-Fili perhaps) resembling a main card fight. Meanwhile, a series of fun fights has been announced for US-based FN cards which are occurring later.

If they don't find good opponents for Karolina ano Siver (who are both rumoured to be involved) and a strong main event, I'll feel a little let down.

My bet is on Karolina vs. Michelle Waterson or Tecia Torres as UFC Gdansk headliner. Which I'd be perfectly fine with.

My bet is on Karolina vs. Michelle Waterson or Tecia Torres as UFC Gdansk headliner. Which I'd be perfectly fine with.

I'd be happy with that as either main or (preferably) co-main providing it was accompanied by a strong main card. So far, although we're likely to see competitive bouts, the card is lacking some quality/star value.

I read Held vs. Packalen is happening here. Winnable fight for Held, a fellow grappler with holes in his game.

I'd be happy with that as either main or (preferably) co-main providing it was accompanied by a strong main card. So far, although we're likely to see competitive bouts, the card is lacking some quality/star value.

I don't see a bigger fight than Karolina vs. Michelle or Tecia happening in Poland. Would still be a much better main event than Struve vs. Volkov if you look at pure rankings lol.

I don't see a bigger fight than Karolina vs. Michelle or Tecia happening in Poland. Would still be a much better main event than Struve vs. Volkov if you look at pure rankings lol.

It's an ok fight but I do think the UFC have been pretty shoddy. They've already named at least two decent main card fights for UFC cards for fight night 119 in Sao Paolo but the European fans are seemingly taken for granted.

Looks like I spoke too soon: Michael Materla has reportedly given back word to the UFC and resigned with KSW!

Dana and Sean need to sort things out now. Tickets for this show have sold remarkably well, all things considered, but the can kiss goodbye to this audience if they don't step things up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back