How is the UFC Gdansk Fight Night card stacking up?

Looks like they've sold at least 50-60% of tickets but they could really do with cranking things up and announcing more bouts.

It's worrying that Tybura is rumoured to be tied up on the Sydney show because they really need some local stars at the top of the bill.

Something like....

Karolina K vs a marketable opponent like Waterson, Esparza or Herrig (all higher ranked opponents are already booked and, although a fight with Calderwood would be fun, she's coming off a recent loss).

Tybura vs Derrick Lewis - this would be a fun fight and a good gauge for Tybura at this stage.

Jotko (is he fit?) against any high profile and available opponent ranked between 5-15 at middleweight.

Sounds like there'll be plenty making the trip from the UK and elsewhere toon so hopefully they'll include a few Brits on the card too (Diakese and Allen please!)

A group of us went to UFC 204 in Manchester last year and loved it so we've taken the plunge and booked flights and tickets for the Gdansk event in October.

Just wondering if any of the well informed posters on here could let us know how the card is shaping up and what we should expect. I've seen a couple of bouts announced but are there any other rumoured matchups?

They're going to bang because they're unknown.

And you'll get pissed for virtually for free and then can go strip club for pennies.

They're going to bang because they're unknown.

And you'll get pissed for virtually for free and then can go strip club for pennies.

LOL. All this may be true but it'd be nice to get a decent fight card too.

For anyone else from the UK tempted to fly out, we've bought flights, decent seats and a nice apart-hotel in the old town and still have change out of £140!

Last edited:

For anyone else from the UK tempted to fly out, we've bought flights, decent seats and a nice apart-hotel in the old town and still have changever out of £140!

Have fun but if you leave and do a come and have a go if you think you're hard enough you might get a Millwall 1981 level of a kicking because that is full of the hard core hools and neonazis who WILL be there for UFC.

A group of us went to UFC 204 in Manchester last year and loved it so we've taken the plunge and booked flights and tickets for the Gdansk event in October.

Just wondering if any of the well informed posters on here could let us know how the card is shaping up and what we should expect. I've seen a couple of bouts announced but are there any other rumoured matchups?
So far not good. So far the only good looking thing on it is the UFC debut of M1 champion Ramazan Emeev, who should have been in the UFC a long time ago.

Have fun but if you leave and do a come and have a go if you think you're hard enough you might get a Millwall 1981 level of a kicking because that is full of the hard core hools and neonazis who WILL be there for UFC.

That wasn't part of the planned itinerary. Happy enough restricting 'fighting' to the gym.

So far not good. So far the only good looking thing on it is the UFC debut of M1 champion Ramazan Emeev, who should have been in the UFC a long time ago.

It's early days, so hopefully they've got a few things up their sleeves. I'm taking Karolina as headline as a given and, stylistically, would love to see her matched with Jo-Jo. Calvillo would be a great headline but it depends how much faith the UFC has in her.

What's the story with Jotko?

That wasn't part of the planned itinerary. Happy enough restricting 'fighting' to the gym.

;) Gdansk is where the hools invented multiperson MMA between teams so they could beat the shit out of each other legally.

On the last polish UFC event. I remember most of the polish fighters lost lol. Only 2 of them won and 1 of them barely got the decision.

It's early days, so hopefully they've got a few things up their sleeves. I'm taking Karolina as headline as a given and, stylistically, would love to see her matched with Jo-Jo. Calvillo would be a great headline but it depends how much faith the UFC has in her.

What's the story with Jotko?
extremely unlikely jojo gets put as a headliner. KK vs calvillo makes some sense.

I think Karolina Kowalkiewicz is going to fight Tecia Torres or Michelle Waterson in Gdansk's main event. A headliner I'd be completely happy with considering the rest of this card.

extremely unlikely jojo gets put as a headliner. KK vs calvillo makes some sense.

Yeah, I know that, as someone who trains Muay Thai I think it'd be a fun fight though. Calvillo-KK would be a very good headline though.

I think Karolina Kowalkiewicz is going to fight Tecia Torres or Michelle Waterson in Gdansk's main event. A headliner I'd be completely happy with considering the rest of this card.

That'd be my guess too, although Calvillo would be a great headline if the UFC has enough faith in her at this stage.

;) Gdansk is where the hools invented multiperson MMA between teams so they could beat the shit out of each other legally.

That stuff is insane. We've done tag team Muay Thai for a bit of fun in the gym but that stuff is sheer madness!

That'd be my guess too, although Calvillo would be a great headline if the UFC has enough faith in her at this stage.

Karolina vs Cynthia would be a good fight too, but personally I'd prefer Torres or Waterson. Torres is the highest ranked and probably the "safest" fight of them all for Karolina. But Torres looked really great in her last fight vs. Juliana Lima.

For anyone else from the UK tempted to fly out, we've bought flights, decent seats and a nice apart-hotel in the old town and still have change out of £140!

Same for us! We travel from the Netherlands, our total costs are around €200 but that includes front row tickets and we're there 4 nights.

That stuff is insane. We've done tag team Muay Thai for a bit of fun in the gym but that stuff is sheer madness!

Yeah:) Have a good night, mate. But seriously keep your friends in check and nice because it won't be your Finchley Road kebab 3am fight.

Back