How is the UFC Gdansk Fight Night card stacking up?

Late Starter

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
A group of us went to UFC 204 in Manchester last year and loved it so we've taken the plunge and booked flights and tickets for the Gdansk event in October.

Just wondering if any of the well informed posters on here could let us know how the card is shaping up and what we should expect. I've seen a couple of bouts announced but are there any other rumoured matchups?

Last edited:
A group of us went to UFC 202 in Manchester last year and loved it so we've taken the plunge and booked flights and tickets for the Gdansk event in October.

Just wondering if any of the well informed posters on here could let us know how the card is shaping up and what we should expect. I've seen a couple of bouts announced but are there any other rumoured matchups?
Most are Polish/eastern european fighters

Trevor Smith - Ramazan Emeev
Jonathan Wilson - Oskar Piechota
Dmitrij Smoliakow - Adam Wieczorek
Jan Błachowicz - Devin Clark
Marcin Tybura vs TBA (most likely Alexey Oleynik)
Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs TBA
Adam Wieczorek vs Dmitry Smoliakov

Last edited:

Trevor Smith - Ramazan Jemiejew

<DisgustingHHH>

Trevor Smith - Ramazan Jemiejew

Ramazan Emeev. Pronounce it like Eh-meh-ev.

sorry, this is polish spelling of his last name. Card is kind of garbage anyway.

I thought JJ vs Rose is official...not that it makes the card better because it's a big mismatch, still...

I'm actually looking forward to watching Oskar Piechota's debut. I went pretty crazy watching his last fight live. I thought Radcliffe was gonna KO him early.

I thought JJ vs Rose is official...not that it makes the card better because it's a big mismatch, still...
She will not give up PPV points man. For her, it's fighting for 1/3 of money she can get on PPV card.

Thanks guys. We're not expecting a stellar card just good fights and a fun weekend away in an exotic location.

If there are a few 'names' (I'd heard rumours of Karolina K and maybe even Lyoto Machida) or some UK fighters to root for that'd be a bonus.

Tybura now rumoured to be co-headline against Hunt in Sydney on another thread.

Last edited:
Yeah i saw that yesterday as well on polish mma forum. Hunt in Sydney or Oleynik in Gdansk

I'm sure we'll enjoy the experience whatever and the deals on flights, tickets etc mean it's cheaper than watching a Fight Night card elsewhere in the UK (eg, London or Glasgow).

It'd be a bonus if we got a few names and maybe the odd Brit to cheer on though.

Im going there too man! My first UFC live event. Cannot wait!

When you get there, please say hi to my cousin Khzdgtypkogdtzklrpnt. It's pronouced Steve.

Im going there too man! My first UFC live event. Cannot wait!

You won't be disappointed. UFC 204 in Manchester was my first experience after a lifetime attending boxing shows and it blew me away. Every fight, even those who I'd never heard of before, was competitive and entertaining, the UFC production was excellent and the arena was packed from start to finish, rather than that weird dynamic you get at boxing and other combat sport events.

You'll love it!

Yeah i saw that yesterday as well on polish mma forum. Hunt in Sydney or Oleynik in Gdansk

yea looks like hunt vs tybura is going down in sydney. pretty dumb, they could have hunt face anyone, oleynik for example, and leave tybura on the poland card

When you get there, please say hi to my cousin Khzdgtypkogdtzklrpnt. It's pronouced Steve.
are piechota, blachowicz, and wieczorek that difficult to pronounce? only 3 polish ppl official for the card. whats most funny to me, is that polish is actually a phonetic language, meaning if u cant sound it out... yikes

are piechota, blachowicz, and wieczorek that difficult to pronounce? only 3 polish ppl official for the card. whats most funny to me, is that polish is actually a phonetic language, meaning if u cant sound it out... yikes
Don't be so serious, I have no problems pronouncing most Polish names.

Emeev's debut is the best of the card so far

Back