How is Khabib off his back?

In his fight with Abel Trajectory he was taken down a couple of times and did well of his back. It even looked like he sunk in a real deep triangle on Cain's brother Abel, but it was the end of the round and the Jeremy Horn went off.
Trajectory just took a bad angle...

Just ask the bear how Khabib is off his back.

Asking if a sambo guy can fight off his back....
and what's with this " He obviously doesn’t like jiu jitsu " ? he won 2 jj tournaments

Watch his fights and training. He’ll put people in triangles immediately. Watch the end of the first round of the Trujillo fight. He gets taken down and starts going to work from the bottom.
Or just watch some of his sambo matches. Khabib obviously prefer's to be on top smashing fighters, but he's elite wherever you put him.

Last edited:
Its a non existing position for a wrestler so i dont know, if you can take him down, he will chain grapple to get on top, dont see Khabib playing guard.

khabibnurmagomedov1.png

He obviously doesn’t like jiu jitsu. How do you think he would act under pressure that he imposed? What if someone like Kevin Lee takes him down? Can Khabib deal with adversity?

Good question, he hasn't been seen fighting of his back for a LOOOOOOONG time.

He does have some fights early in his career where he submits people of his back.

khabibnurmagomedov1.png

He obviously doesn’t like jiu jitsu. How do you think he would act under pressure that he imposed? What if someone like Kevin Lee takes him down? Can Khabib deal with adversity?
Do some research before making this idiotic thread.

khabibnurmagomedov1.png

Lol what ?

Jiu-Jitsu was not invented in Brasil. It was taught by a Japanese Judoka. And Sambo was created by a guy who knew wrestling but was taught as well by Japanese Judoka. So obviously Sambo has techniques from the guard as well.

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Shahbulat Shamhalaev

This is his 7th fight.

Its a non existing position for a wrestler so i dont know, if you can take him down, he will chain grapple to get on top, dont see Khabib playing guard.
Then you haven't watched any of his sambo matches or his early fights in Russia, he just as good there as well, very active offensive minded guard.

I’m sure he is very good off his back. Being under Kevin Lee though is not a good place to be for anyone
the same Kevin Lee that got TRIANGLED by Tony Ferguson??? and we know Khabib has a good triangle too LOL

the same Kevin Lee that got TRIANGLED by Tony Ferguson??? and we know Khabib has a good triangle too LOL

visibly staph infected and gassed in round 2 Kevin Lee... yeah

guy was giving birth on his chest

I mean, jiu jitsu and Sambo are both partially born from the same judo base. The major difference being that Sambo incorporates striking where jiu jitsu is purely grappling.

Then you haven't watched any of his sambo matches or his early fights in Russia, he just as good there as well, very active offensive minded guard.
I didnt word it right, i didnt want to say that he doesnt have a guard game just that its more likely that he will scramble to get on top, i said that about wrestlers cause they are never on their back because its a defeating position in wrestling the pin, so what i meant to say is, wrestlers dont get on their backs and if they do they are usually not long there, but Khabib is a different animal he has great wrestling but also grappling and versed in many martial arts that have a heavy grapple or wrestling tone.

This is the 50th thread asking this question lmao jesus christ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back