How is it you want oblique kicks banned but Soccer Kicks/Head Stomps legal?

Ban fighting in MMA.
Fighting leads to injuries.

What's the rules on upkicks? I think it's dumb how fighters in bottom ground position can't upkick their opponent unless their opponent is standing.

I'm of the opinion if oblique kicks are legal then why not soccer kicks and knees to downed opponent.

How about small joint manipulation as well?
Anyone can do small joint manipulation. Not everyone can properly throw a punch or a kick. Hell, you have professional fighters at the highest league that still can't punch. Same for a head stomp or a soccer kick. Anyone can do that but an oblique kick is different IMO. If you hit it right you can do some serious damage but that requires more technique and precision. The days of a Tank Abbott fight are long over.

What's the rules on upkicks? I think it's dumb how fighters in bottom ground position can't upkick their opponent unless their opponent is standing.
Agreed.

So as long as your blood lust is quenched, fuck the fighters, you don't have a problem?

hqdefault.jpg

Soccer kicks are kinda cheap. Especially these days refs would tend to stop fights prematurely to save fighter from damage / save ref his job and soccer kicks are the perfect ground for a bunch of main event bouts stopped "just to be safe".

Soccer kicks were fun back in the day, but I'm happy to leave them there.

I think we need knees to a downed opponent though.

Knees to a downed opponent are allowed, just not to the head, I don´t understand why more fighters don´t kick the body of a downed opponent.

You can tap to a leg lock to save your knee. Personally I think the kick should be allowed but it should be a penalty to target the knee with it. Also head stomps and soccer kicks are finishing moves, you can only use them after putting your opponent at a big disadvantage. it's not the same for oblique kicks to the knee.
I don't. I want both to be legal. This is a fight. Oblique kicks cause way less injuries and damage than punches. Ban punches. "But oblique kicks wreck the knee" ok then ban leg locks too

This is one thing I've never understood... "Ban oblique kicks cause they can potentially ruin a career but bring back head stomps cause Just Bleed! Pride never die!" Soccer kicks and stomps are just as much of a career ender as oblique kicks if not more.

Sherdoggers be all like "will somebody please think of the ligaments?!?!?!?"

But then when it comes to brain trauma they be all you don't need your brain during or after finishing a pro fighting career.

But then when it comes to brain trauma they be all you don't need your brain during or after finishing a pro fighting career.
Yeah, it's weird to me as well.

One can ruin a fighter's career and is boring to watch, the other is exciting to watch, and usually the effects are short term just like any other KO.

Well if they had a brain they wouldn't choose MMA as a profession

<seedat>

I want to see biting in mma. Just chunks being torn off.

It's all stupid. A strike to the head is potentially waaaaay more dangerous and can affect a quality of life, WAY more than a knee strike.

Yet we all gleefully watch brutal knockouts and TKO's that'll make sure these guys can't feed themselves at 70. But a kick to the knee? DEAR GOD THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

I want oblique kicks and elbows on the ground banned

but i want knees on the ground and soccer kicks

One can ruin a fighter's career and is boring to watch, the other is exciting to watch, and usually the effects are short term just like any other KO.
The effect of the soccer kick/head stomp has the potential to fuck up a career just like an oblique kick. I'll even go on to say even more so.

I've mostly only seen Jones haters calling for those kicks to be banned....So there's that.

Back