How is it you want oblique kicks banned but Soccer Kicks/Head Stomps legal?

VinceArch

I am all of me.
@Steel
Reaction score
This is one thing I've never understood... "Ban oblique kicks cause they can potentially ruin a career but bring back head stomps cause Just Bleed! Pride never die!" Soccer kicks and stomps are just as much of a career ender as oblique kicks if not more.

I don't. I want both to be legal. This is a fight. Oblique kicks cause way less injuries and damage than punches. Ban punches. "But oblique kicks wreck the knee" ok then ban leg locks too

It’s probably not the same people. Personally, I’d like to see all of the above banned. I haven’t been campaigning for oblique kicks to be banned though.

Soccer kicks and stomp knockouts are epic to watch.

A guy having his knee oblique kicked out is pretty underwhelming and boring.

the Just Bleed Guys require blood sacrifices...... not ligament damage sacrifices

{<hhh]

I'm fine with you oblique kicks. Defend it if you don't want to get hit.

i guess it's because these guys want to see people being knocked out, not having their knees hyper extended, very different

ps: i'm totally against soccer kicks/stomps and idk about oblique kicks, i'm undecided for now, good arguments on both sides, i think i lean more into keeping them, 60/40

Soccer kicks and stomp knockouts are epic to watch.

A guy having his knee oblique kicked out is pretty underwhelming and boring.

the Just Bleed Guys require blood sacrifices...... not ligament damage sacrifices

{<hhh]
Maybe to some it is seen as underwhelming but the potential for it to do long term damage is pretty high. Just like a head stomp.

Soccer kicks were fun back in the day, but I'm happy to leave them there.

I think we need knees to a downed opponent though.

I've heard NFL wide receivers say that they would rather get hit up high and suffer a concussion than get chopped down low and fuck up their knees. Concussions suck, but generally people don't suffer the real consequences until further down the road so many (wrongfully) assume it is less harmful to careers than leg injuries that sideline athletes immediately.

Well you wont need your knees much without a brain...so cut out the middle man!

I think parallel kicks should be illegal too. Who wants to see one fighter kicking right next to the other fighter?

I can't recall many injuries happening from a stomp to the knee but a lot of fighters who fought Jones call him dirty for it so I assume they know better than I do. The only shots that should be illegal are groin shots, eye pokes of any kind, and shots to the back of the head. Bring back all elbows, knees and kick on the ground.

Legalize them all. Including knees to a downed opponent. I loved watching Brock heave his knees into people's ribs and liver.

Legalize them all. Including knees to a downed opponent. I loved watching Brock heave his knees into people's ribs and liver.
As far as I know knees to the body of a downed opponent are still legal.

Maybe to some it is seen as underwhelming but the potential for it to do long term damage is pretty high. Just like a head stomp.

Yeah but head stomps are cool.

There's a reason he's the "Just Bleed God" and not the "Just Ligament God"

I'm of the opinion if oblique kicks are legal then why not soccer kicks and knees to downed opponent.

How about small joint manipulation as well?

Back