How is Cirkonov ranked #7 ?

paulramon

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The rankings make no sense . Cirkonov has been rated #7 for awhile but has no wins over anybody in the top 15. Both fights against ranked fighters and he's smoked. What is the deal?

LHW is so shallow and weak that I bet you Lidell is in the top 20 right now.

2 fights ago people were saying misha was next champion at lhw...cause he has a fancy six pack and some beach muscles

lol

LHW is so weak if you beat someone in the top 50 you become top 7.

The math is very complicated so best to just take my word for it, but that is how it works.

It's an extremely shallow division.

He beat Krylov when Nikita was top 10ish before he left UFC

Ken Shamrock would be ranked 3 if he got signed by UFC today, thats how bad LHW is in UFC is these days. The division has been left to rot for many years while they signed all the women fighters and lighterweight cheap labour fighters

I think Krylov something like #8 or #9 when they fought, i could be wrong.

no wins over anybody in the top 15.
krylov-cirkunov-ufc-206-750.jpg

Rankings don't matter

I watched the Manuwa vs Volkan fight on the same card as Jones vs DC - didnt know who either guy was. They are ranked pretty high.

UFC does a piss poor job of promoting their guys and making new stars

Probably because a bunch of guys the UFC pays to make the rankings decided he was?

Look at the past 15 LHW title fights. DC, Glover, Gustafsson, and Shogun are the only "active" UFC LHW's.
Jon Jones is suspended for the time being.
Anthony Johnson is 'retired'.
Chael Sonnen (UFC MW) is fighting in a HW tournament.
Vitor Belfort is 185lbs.
Rashad Evans is 185lbs.
Lyoto Machida is 185lbs.
Rampage Jackson (UFC LHW) is fighting in a HW tournament.

Division needs more young killers and depth. DC isn't getting any younger, and the other bigger named guys are older as well.

I still think Krylov has more upside, despite losing to Misha. He’ll probably be back in the UFC within a few years.

missing me some Krylov

they gotta sign Thomasz Narkun

The Giraffe
1424782294Narkun.jpg

KO’d the always missing Goran Reljic iirc

Keith Jardine is still probably ranked in the top 15 and he has been retired for years. That's how bad LHW is right now

LHW is dying. crazy if u woulda said that 5-7 years ago

Back