How is Amanda Nunes' English still so bad?

It's strange, she's got the vocabulary but just adds in random syllables, like saying fightee instead of fight, is that a Brazilian thing or just her?

I've been speaking English all my life.

Stick a camera and mic in my face and interview me, and I may stumble a bit with my words.

She has the words, it's just her cadence makes her sound like a dribbling retard.

Not so much bad English as the tone and cadence of the way she speaks English. She has to be a lesbian because no man could put up with hearing her voice for very long. The shit is brutal like the way peanuts characters hear adults.

You sound very intimidated by her. Fact is she could rape cain velasquez under the right circumstances

Since when do you need English to live and train in South Florida? Anyway she speaks it more than enough to do all the errands of everyday life.

LividElectricGonolek-size_restricted.gif

Honestly I think a lot of it is nerves. She seems very uncomfortable in front of the camera and speaking a 2nd language I'm sure adds to that anxiety. Imagine speaking Spanish or something in front of a millions of people and you just started speaking it a few years ago. It's gotta be hard.

Since when do you need English to live and train in South Florida? Anyway she speaks it more than enough to do all the errands of everyday life.

Well in most relationships you would expect communication at a deeper level than what Nunes seems capable of in English

She has an American girlfriend, an American coach (Din Thomas), lots of American teammates and has lived in the US for over 5 years but her command of English seems to get worse everytime she's interviewed.

Whenever they feature her on countdown and UFC embedded I can't help but think that her and Nina Ansaroff probably don't have many deep and meaningful conversations...

It's hard to speak well when you are constantly munching carpet

ummm that explains why her English isn't great, it doesn't explain why it hasn't improved... is it so hard to understand the difference?
If you think it hasn't improved, then you're not watching close enough.

This is her 3 years ago.

Also, quit with the indirect prejudice. What the fuck is the point of a thread around this subject? We going to shit on someone who is struggling to speak Queen's English when it's not her native language? The girl spent the vast majority of her life speaking Portuguese. Show some respect and stop being an idiot.

Back